Chippy's got a lump (benign cystic teratoma.....extra ingrown mammary gland)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marietta wrote:
It seems that it was a cyst, indeed. So, nothing to worry about, just a slight infection. Did the vet give you antibiotics? Did she say that the liquid will be absorbed byChippy's organism? Or is the cyst completely down by now?

Thanks Marietta,

It didn't even indicate an infection. No meds were prescribed. The vet drained it completely when he did the aspiration, so there's nothing left to absorb or remove.

My main concerns now are; will it reform?.... and/or will there be any further complications with the affected area?
Only time will tell.

angieluv wrote:
Great News, Jim :D

Now you can have a good weekend!!!

Thanks!

It's funny....once I found out that everything is ok..... I realized how tired and sore I am.

....and that I really haven't eaten anything substantial since yesterday (it's 4pm here now)
May be time for a good meal :eats:and a nap for me, too:bed:

:zzzzz

trailsend wrote:
WOW... I just found this thread... read it through and was so glad to find this news at the end! I am so glad Chippy is doing well, and that it doesn't look like anything too serious. :)
Thanks Donna.

Jim, that's the best news!!! and it was a surprise 2 days early!! :party0002:

I was thinking she could have gotten a puncture from her own toenail even! sometimes when you get a small wound like that - the healing will cause a little cyst which in her case could have gotten huge...... trying to expell something or whatever.

All that really matters is that she's ok! Don't fret over it coming back - just watch for it.

I think Buck found her..... I think he's watching too.

It's about time we had some good news!

Such a relief that there is no problem, and that Chippy is getting back to normal. I am sure Buck did find them - and I think he gave Chippy a nose rub :)

Jan

This morning I was joyfully greeted by a very happy bunny doing "the breakfast dance" :bunnydance:, and litter pan full of poops :litterhealthy:!!

I was able to check her last night. The lump is considerably smaller, but it's still there. Except it feels more "solid".
I hope it's just a residual effect from the draining.... like the collapsed envelope of the cyst..... or maybe scar tissue forming? The skin and tissue around it was probably stretched and now has nowhere to go?

:dunno

~Jim

***does the "go away bad thingies" dance... :dancingorig:....***

I hope it's just a stupid fatty lump or something that got fluid around it and goes away...... *dances with Jim* :dancingorig:

"I say, we can dance if we want to..." :dancingorig:

Bo B Bunny wrote:
...... *dances with Jim* :dancingorig:
Like, "Dances with Wolves"? ...
***it was on tv last night***:biggrin2:

I pm'd Randy and got a very informative reply that I wanted to share..

"Hi Jim,

We have seen that in several rabbits....seems to be a benign fatty tumor. We have aspirated them and cultured but nothing was found (not to say eventually that will happen), but we just kept them drained off. I do have a friend that has a rabbit that developed this type tumor in his abdominal cavity and it nearly killed him since it restricted and compressed his GI tract. So if it is a fatty tumor, it would bear watching due mainly to it's location, but the results of the culture should determine the next course of action.**

Randy"

** lab results indicated Chippy's cyst as being benign.

For now, we monitor her condition and contact the vet if it reforms or complications develop in (or around)the affected area.
:pray:

I've been away from the computer all weekend....retirement festivities for our dear friend....anyway....Jim, I'm so glad that you got the report EARLY and that the news was soooo good. How's our sweet Chippy doing this evening? We'll keep those prayers for continued good health coming.....

I know what you mean about spouses freaking out about vet bills.....Lee's finally gotten over it for the most part....cuz he knows how upset I get, and he figures it's worth a few bucks to keep me from flipping out on him....a method to my madness...

Can I dance, too?:happyrabbit::bunny18

This is fantastic! So, you can go back to your peace of mind, now that Chippy's fine!

Thanks for sharing Randy's reply. Always such a wealth of valuable knowledge!!!!

Marietta

It's back, and it feels harder than before. :(

When I sqeeze it, it seems to hurt her. :(:(

Otherwise, she seems to be ok.

I hate to put her through the stress of another vet visit, because of her ongoing GI issues.
The last visit put a real toll on her, but I can't not do anything.

Not really looking for any answers...maybe some prayers....
I'm not sure the "dance" is working.

Oh, dear! I thought this was over for good...If it feels hard and pressure makes Chippy feel unconfortable, the pocket must be filled with liquid again. Since the vet visit was so stressful on Chippy, couldn't he give you any instructions over the phone or maybe pay a visit to your place and drain the pocket again?

Marietta

Back