Chippy's got a lump (benign cystic teratoma.....extra ingrown mammary gland)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flick wrote:
So, surgery was today. She's doing fine. Vet said that the tissue from the tumors is not normal, so it will be sent to a lab for analysis.

She's staying at the vet's overnight. It's a vet hospital and they have staff there 24/7 so the patients are never left unattended. Should come home tomorrow. And, I'm sure that we, too, will be given a massive amount of "bunny butt" and "flick offs".
Sending prayers and good thought to you and Pixel.:pray:

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Jim, it sounds like it was a fluid filled cyst. Hopefully it's nothing!

I sure hope we hear more good news from you soon!

Mrs. Jim = it happens to all of us......

I think the vet was as surprised as I was.

I've never heard of a growth that was filled with clear liquid......any other kind of liquid probably would have indicated a major problem.

She's doing fine, although she wasn't as active during her runtime tonight (gee..I wonder why?).
It still looks swollen and it's probably a bit tender. She wouldn't let me put heat or cold on it. I got a pretty good feel and it's more loose skin than anything else....couldn't find a lump at all ***knocks on wood***

:bunnyangel:

Always watching out for his friends.

I hope your vet can figure out what this is. I've never heard of a fluid filled lump on a bun. Some sort of cyst? Have you pm'd Randy? I wonder if he's seen this before.

Jim, Haley and Bo B Bunny are right, it sounds like a cyst. I hope it is and Chippy's back to normal with the help of some antibiotics in no time.

Marietta

Could be there was something that irritated that area and caused it. Who knows? but I sure hope it's gone now! Give her kisses from me!

Sounds like she got kisses from Buck last night.

Jim, was it a fleeting image? or do you see them for a long time? I've seen slight images before and felt the movement of a cat on my bed that had passed away...

Chippy has been doing fine until this morning.

Not so much from the lump, but more from the stress of everything over the past few days.

I think it may have triggered some GI issues.
She turned her nose up at breakfast, and has been acting as if she can't get comfortable...stretching out and changing positions a lot.

Last night she was fine, eating/drinking/pooping/peeing and was very active during runtime.

I need to do a good cleanup on her cage and pen and give her fresh everything.
I'll also see how she feels about me maybe taking her out and checking her over....I already got nipped twice just for messing with her things.

The hardest part is trying not to check on her every 5 minutes.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Could be there was something that irritated that area and caused it. Who knows? but I sure hope it's gone now!
The first thing the vet wanted to know is if she may have gotten bitten/scratched/injured in some way recently.
I can't think of anything, and she doesn't have any contact with the other buns or the dogs.

From everything I can find, it's most probably a cyst.
But, what caused it? Will it come back? Could it be malignant?
Lab results will be in on Monday afternoon.:waiting:

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Sounds like she got kisses from Buck last night.

Jim, was it a fleeting image? or do you see them for a long time? I've seen slight images before and felt the movement of a cat on my bed that had passed away...
It was fleeting.
He wasn't as clear as last time....more of a shadow figure and shorter, but the silhouette was unmistakable.
I didn't think about it until now, but he was coming from the old bunnie room.....I hope he found them downstairs where they are now :?

Dr. Cattiny just called with the lab results and everything looks fine!!!!!:woohoo

Still not exactly sure what caused it.
And he said that there's no need to see her again unless it reforms.

ANNNNNND I just checked on Chippy......she ate most of her breakfast, ate some hay, and drank some water.
It looks like she peed, and itsmells like she pooped somewhere, too!!:bunnybutt:

Thanks to everyone for there prayers and support.
I'm still amazed at how lonely one can feel when a bunny gets sick.
It helps toknow I can always come here at times like that....to be with my Forum Family.

:group:

Jim, how great news!!!

It seems that it was a cyst, indeed. So, nothing to worry about, just a slight infection. Did the vet give you antibiotics? Did she say that the liquid will be absorbed byChippy's organism? Or is the cyst completely down by now?

We're all so happy for you and Chippy!

Marietta

WOW... I just found this thread... read it through and was so glad to find this news at the end! I am so glad Chippy is doing well, and that it doesn't look like anything too serious. :)

Latest posts

Back