Checkered Giant Bite Wound

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK another silly question...what is an arched breed, I tried to look it up so I wouldnt have to ask but was unsuccessful

pamnock wrote:
mardigraskisses wrote:
:shock: What were you doing to him when he bit you?

I went to reach for him to take him out of the hole - he had other ideas. He lunged out of the box and latched onto my arm.

Pam

Yup, I have been on the receiving end of a Grace bite like that... when I had my elbow surgeries the nurses were commenting on how she tore up my skin... those ears go back and I know I better take cover!

Hope you heal quickly...

Denise

Of all the times I have been bitten the worst ones were from two poorly socialized Lionheads...one female and one male.

Honestly the male was my own fault...I reached past him for his female mate and he was faster than me! He only managed to grab my baby finger...and honestly I wish he'd grabbed something with a bit more meat to it! He almost took off the whole pad of my finger...and the bugger kept and ate part of it! :grumpy:

I must taste aweful because neither bunn bit me again...but wow am I more careful now!:biggrin2:

Danielle

Runestonez wrote:
Of all the times I have been bitten the worst ones were from two poorly socialized Lionheads...one female and one male.

Honestly the male was my own fault...I reached past him for his female mate and he was faster than me! He only managed to grab my baby finger...and honestly I wish he'd grabbed something with a bit more meat to it! He almost took off the whole pad of my finger...and the bugger kept and ate part of it! :grumpy:

I must taste aweful because neither bunn bit me again...but wow am I more careful now!:biggrin2:

Danielle
OUCH!!!!!

LionheadLady wrote:
Runestonez wrote:

Danielle
OUCH!!!!!
Not in my case - being a diabetic I must taste sweet as Grace constantly wants to bite me.:biggrin2:

Her full sister and littermate Calliope is a love bun - she loves to be patted and get noserubs... and I can even hold her without her struggling.

I could see Grace sizing me up as she tucked her ears back for the attack... "Hey lady, I think you definitely need a nose piercing...let me do it for you" and chomping my face if I tried to hold her like her sister...

All that comes to mind is that Monty Python and the Holy Grail scene with the Killer Rabbit of Antioch (I think that is what it was called) - "that's no ordinary rabbit... it's got a vicious streak a mile wide..."

My stepsister told me about some Netherland Dwarves that were nasty... and a girl showing with my sons told us about a Nethie that latched on to her finger so hard she needed stitches....

Pam - hope you feel better...

Denise

OUch, Pam, I don't think I want to get a big bun like that, wowza. I had a small frenchie that got me through my jeans once(he was sitting on my lap.) and even he didn't leave a mark like that!

Heal up fast!

Fancy77 wrote:
OK another silly question...what is an arched breed, I tried to look it up so I wouldnt have to ask but was unsuccessful

as bluegiants said, it refers the body of the rabbit.

full-arched breeds are like tans, english spots, brits, rhinelanders, belgian hares, checkerd giants. . . most of the breeds aren't posed (except the brits) instead they are ran up and down the table to be judged. a lot of people say that they are more skittish because they aren't socialized as well, so they will run. . . i had rhinelanders and they were some of the sweetest rabbits i owned. . .

. . . now dwarf hotots, those guys were another story

katt wrote:
Fancy77 wrote:

. . . now dwarf hotots, those guys were another story
I have 2 bucks, love them, they r very sweet..I must b lucky lol

i had some very sweet ones, but i also had equal number of nasty little hotots.

one i remember was so bad, that my brother had to distract him at one side of the cage so i could quickly sneak in and give him food and water. one day my brother wasn't there and i tried doing it on my own. big mistake. . . he lunged, latched, and attacked. he wouldn't let go and ended up ripping my hand up with his teeth before i finally pried him off.

sorry to take over the thread. . . and back on subject. . . it looks terrible pam. . . heal fast

ouchies!

The Flemish I had was very sweet. He loved to lay by you, would follow you around on the porch exc.... BUT if you picked him up that was another story. And when I showed him at the fair, getting him to and from the table was not fun. I carried him in the football hold and he bit my side numerous times the entire way from his cage to the table. got sat on the table and would lick your hand. Was well behaved.

Afterwards picked him up to carry him back to his cage and he continously bit into my side. I had a large line of bites where he absolutely hated to be carried.

Latest posts

Back