Checkered Giant Bite Wound

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamnock

Reaction score
I was judging 6-class when a young Checkered nailed my right arm. He left me with a nasty 2 1/2 cm gash and a bruised armwhenhe bit methrough an Ace bandage I had on my arm for tendonitis (luckily). I probably would have required stitches if I hadn't had my arm wrapped. Two days later, it's still very sore.

Pam

Wow Pam! He must have been fast to catch you like that. Good thing you had the wrap on your arm. How is the swelling? Ice can help with pain and swelling.

That's going to be there for a while...

Yep - the bruising is from the bite. It was at the end of the day and I was tired. I let my guard down - and BAM!

Pam

Oh wow ouch! Do you think he bit because of the bandage? Gah I was just telling my bf that I couldn't imagine being bitten by a giant with the teeth they have...

Btw... what is a silver fox?

Not well posed, but this is one of my Silver Fox boys (his face was still a little dark at this age):

merlin1-4months.jpg

This is the fur:

Navahofur.jpg

They are 10-12 lbs, fur is longer than an "average" bunny, supposed to resemble Fox fur. Only accepted on one color right now (black), but they used to be found in Blue and some people are working to bring back that color. Another breeder is also working on Chocolate Fox.

Oooh thank you :rose:What a gorgeous bun! That is a special coat. Wow chocolate fox? I would love to go to a show one time to see them in person :biggrin2:

pamnock wrote:
Yep - the bruising is from the bite. It was at the end of the day and I was tired. I let my guard down - and BAM!

Pam
That seems to always be the case when injuries happen, ugh. That looks so incredibly painful. I've gotten bruised like that by a rabbit bite, but to a much lesser extent. Thank goodness for the Ace bandage! I hope you heal up quickly.

getwell.gif

LionheadLady wrote:
I LOVE Silver Foxes! So beautiful with that coat of theirs!

How did the english lop look? LOL You know I love the elops LOL

The English Lop looked nice - there was a nice display for 6-class.

Pam

mardigraskisses wrote:
:shock: What were you doing to him when he bit you?

I went to reach for him to take him out of the hole - he had other ideas. He lunged out of the box and latched onto my arm.

Pam

pamnock wrote:
mardigraskisses wrote:
:shock: What were you doing to him when he bit you?

I went to reach for him to take him out of the hole - he had other ideas. He lunged out of the box and latched onto my arm.

Pam
A Flemish Giant did that to Paul Kyle a few years ago. He pulled his arm out and the rabbit was hanging by it's teeth and thrashing! Scarey! And not a nice rabbit!

Fancy77 wrote:
This might b a silly question but is that a breed trait or just an individual thing???

It's both nature and nurture. Some breeds do have a genetic tendency to be more aggressive - especially some of the full arch breeds. Checkereds, Tans, Petites, and Mini Lops are the breeds known to be most aggressive. However, other breeds can also inflict painful bites. A Netherland Dwarf bit my finger down to the bone, and I also received a nasty bite to my hand from a Dutch.

Pam

Sam Rizzo (I loved him, he was so much fun to write for) said the same thing as you Pam... that the full arched breeds tend to bite... same with the Mini lops... he said that some of the New Zealands were nasty too... He would always tell me the same stories every time I wrote for him... He said he would have pencils to see which Britannia would chop it in 1/2 the quickest & said the REW's were the worst!

Latest posts

Back