Charlie Bunny & Himi Buck Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awww, cute little Bing :) That's great that Charlie is feeling happier and enjoying his time with you playing.

It is great that he's feeling more like playing with you now! How awesome.

Bing looks like he's shed a lot of his facial darkness out. He's a pretty boy.
I don't know what its like to deal with male hormones, I've only had girl rabbits. But I know rabbit pee does stink! A LOT. I don't know what I would do if my rabbit sprayed me or anything, I would cry. Poop is easy enough to clean, but pee is gross.

Thanks for all the friendly comments! I have been on a whirlwind the last 24 hours and the boys haven't gotten to be out much :( Tomorrow they will have run of the house and no doubt they will be like ping-pong balls!

CHARLIE SPRAYED ME IN THE FACE WITH URINE!! HE IS TWO WEEKS OUT FROM HIS NEUTER!!! DOES ANYONE THOUGHTS?! I was cleaning his cage, and he happily greeted me. Then Bing hopped by the cage and BAM! He sprayed me right in the face...I know it was meant for Bing, but what I'm more concerned about is him being two weeks post-op. Should this be stopped by now?

Sorry that you got sprayed. I have been sprayed in the mouth more times than I care to admit. (that's what I get for having multiple unneutered bucks at one time). I have never had a buck fixed so am no help with the behavior.

I'll be honest, I giggled a little, lol.

I think it takes like 4 weeks for the hormones to dissipate completely. Plus, you have two males in one house. You'll probably always have to deal with territory issues because they're both males. I hope it gets better. I've only had girl buns so they have different hormonal behaviors. I wouldn't be happy about spraying either, I'll take crazy girls over spraying boys any day! haha. Sorry :(

I am just trying to imagine it...how do they get the pee wayyy up in your face? I will have to YouTube this apparently haha!

Haha, oh yeah they can spray!

I agree with Morgan. Infact, I've heard it can take 6-8 weeks for hormones to dissipate! And then like Morgan said two males bring that out even more.

Last edited:
Yes, anywone who´s had a spraying male knows that feeling. Houdini sprayed me in the face more than once and it´s not a nice sensation. It will settle down and you´ll be amazed at the difference.

Charlie seems to have turned a corner this week. He is much calmer and much more inquisitive. He gets more and more outgoing, but I feel like he isn't guarding the cage with his pee anymore which is a welcome change. Bing has shed all but a few tiny patches of smut which I am certain will be gone in the next two weeks. He is still snuggly as ever, but he is chinning everything in sight!

We have decided to stick with Sherwood Forest M/S because they are doing very well, look muscular, and have reduced odor. They eat it well and have no digestive issues. For these reasons, I just ordered a 19 lb BOX :D

The boys are well. I am still on the fence about neutering Bing. He isn't spraying or acting aggressive toward people, but he is still chinning everything. He is going to go bald on his chin! Charlie is doing well except he is still acting hormonal *shrugs*

How much Sherwood are you feeding them in a day?
Because I and someone else have noticed that we have to feed MUCH more sherwood a day because our buns lose weight. I was feeding Ellie about 1/2 a cup a day and I noticed that she was losing weight, so I upped her food to about a cup a day(probably more because I don't count the scoops at 1/4 cup at a time, lol) but now since upping her food, she seems to have put back on the few ounces she lost.
I was just curious if you're sticking to a strict pellet diet or if you're free feeding.

I free feed sherwood because of their ages. They do seem to eat more than the other pellets, agreed.

Bing did not go to the show this past weekend because we were not able to go :(. His brother went and took 2nd in two different groups. I'm hoping Bing could do well, but I'm also doing the dance about whether or not we should just neuter him....

I attached a picture of some baby Himalayans that made my heart explode! They are Bing's nieces and nephews by his older brother :D It's the same brother who took second in the seniors group at the show this weekend. We think he will take a 1st eventually, but this was his FIRST senior show; he is a little skinny.

Charlie is doing well. He is such a quiet good boy. I can hardly complain or say anything about him! He just chills and eats...basic lop :D He is such a goofy bunny HA! They are doing well on Sherwood. I miss talking to you all! HOW IS EVERYONE?!

IMG_5221-2.jpg

IMG_1998.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, they are so beautiful, pretty buns all in a row. I just love their cute little faces, the himis are so pretty.

I want to know how she got them to SIT in a row because Bing is ALL OVER!

Cute babies!!! At that age you can usually get them to line up like that without too much wiggling, but in another week it will be nearly impossible :) I could line my babies up for pictures until week 4, then they were all over the place and it was pretty much a usless effort.

That's great to hear both of your buns are doing good. Mine are all their normal troublesome cute selves :) I did go to our local rabbit show on Sat. It sure makes for a long day, but it was fun to see all the different rabbits. I just love to see those huge Elops and flemish. Their size just always amazes me. I did see a few himis, one just flopped down on the judging table, in front of the judge, like he was totally chilling out. It was pretty funny.

I just went through your whole blog and I want to welcome you and Charlie and bing to the forum. Looks like you've been getting some great advice with your buns!

They are just gorgeous... I've seen so much of bing I think you should post more pictures of charlie!! Btw bing really reminds me of my female Phoenix, she is so outgoing and puppy like its adorable but at the same time annoying! She nipped my arm badly while I was on my iPad bc she constantly wants attention!!! How is Charlie doing with his hormones? Has his behavior improved?

Latest posts

Back