Change in behavior

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicoler

Reaction score
my holland lop is 2 1/2 months old and all of a sudden has been trying to get out of his cage (I have wire cubes put together). He also has been pooping outside the litter box. I have no other hay/pellets outside the litter box, he has chew toys, and a cement block for his teeth. He was successful one night in getting out and hopping all over the house when he has never left the living room before. He was pretty good when being out that he would go and poop in the litter box and I have now found poop all over the house. I do not see his testicles drop yet. Why the odd behavior all of a sudden??

It probably is puberty! You won’t always see their testicles because a) theyre tiny and b) they can retract them back into the abdomen. It also just may be they haven’t dropped yet and he is only in early puberty. Are you planning to have him castrated?

It isn't unusual for a young rabbit to "forget" any potty training once his hormones kick in. He's simply behaving hormonally. If you plan to neuter him, you could see if the vet will do it soon.

On a side note, rabbits don't need cement blocks (or salt wheels). The chewing of hay is what keeps their teeth ground down.

Latest posts

Back