Cavy Pics!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
undergunfire wrote:

I just have to find some cloroplast or something.

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

I found it at a sign shop :)

NIC stands for "Neat Idea Cube". It's what we call our bunny cages on here made out of those cubes.

I will have to wait and see how much space Ryan and I have when we moveinto our new place and set up our bedroom. The bunnies and piggies willbe in there with us.

Right now my piggies are living in a Super Pet Ex-Large cage. This one....

7738_5885b.jpg

It measures 40 1/2 inches in length, 18 inches in width, and 20 1/2 in heigth.

Please tell me if that is too small. If it is, I will what I need toand make room for a larger cage. I want my piggies to be comfy! The runlaps around their litter box that they push into the center of thecage. I have a feeling it is too small for them though.

:)

How many pigs are living in the cage?It should be fine for one or two : ) I would remove thelitter box though as guinea pigs don't really catch on to the wholelitter box training thing so it's just taking up space. Doyou have a hidey house for them? That would be more importantto make them feel safe and secure. You could always put somegrids together to make a play pen for them to use. That'swhat I do for floor timeas I can't let them loose in thehouse because of the dogs and cats. It works out well :)

I have two piggies in that cage.

I will have my fiance take me over to the feed store today to see ifthey have any kiln dried pine, and then I will change out their cageand take out the litter box.

When we move into our new place on Friday, I am going to plan out andsee if I can built a c&c cage with the space I have :).

my two Gorgeous Piggys unfortunatly they are nowseparated :Xthe Black/white/cream Guinea is Spike and theGinger/White Guinea is Joey :Dnot very good pics lol

IMG_0447.jpg

GuineaPigs.gif

luvthempigs wrote:
Here is a site that explains how to build the C&C cageshttp://www.guineapigcages.com/howto.htmIhad set one up as three squares long by one square wide as I didn'thave the space to build using two. I think it was fine forone pig.
Thank you so much for posting thatsite! My son has been wanting a bigger cage for his piggie,Bindi. Commercial cages are so expensive the bigger theyare. Now we have a new project! I'm going to getthe cubes tomorrow and then look for the coroplast. Wehen weget done I will post pics.

:thanks:

Technically theyjust need 1 cupeach of fresh vitamin C rich veggies a day. But our grocery store hadromaine heart in a bag of 3 on sale for 98 cents! They were starting toturn brown on the ends. So I bought 3 bags and gave them awhole bunch at a time. Just spoiling them a bit!

I actually got some decent pictures of Mace and Merlin :)....

piggiebunnyamy%20042.jpg

piggiebunnyamy%20041.jpg

piggiebunnyamy%20040.jpg

piggiebunnyamy%20037.jpg

I love my messy pigpigs :D.

My son and Ijust got done building our C&C cage today. We built a2x4 size ((56"x27")). Since we had such a big cage, we decideto get Bindi a friend. We went to the local pet store and gotChloe. We waited until Chloe came home with us before we evenput Bindi in the new cage. We decided that it might work outbetter if we introduced them as we put them both in the new cage forthe 1st time. I will try to get pics within a fewdays. Right now they are hiding in each of theirhouses.

My son & I were so proudof our project! We were able to make the cage for about$35. The biggest commercial GP cage at the store was $109 andmuch smaller.

Thank you so much to"luvthempigs" for showing us how to make aC&C cage! Sweet!:cool:

Congrats on your new cage!

I also built a 2x4 cage for my piggies the other day. I like it a lot.I need to get more coroplast to build up the sides because they havekicked shavings all over the floor :).

Took a quickpic of Bindi when she came out for a bit. Just had my phonehandy, so not the greatest pic.

Just got aquick one of Chloe too. She's still unsure of hersurroundings and is hiding behind her igloo.

Everybody's pigs are so cute!~ I so enjoy looking at everyones pigtures :)

You are quite welcome for the link to the C&C site.I'm glad you were able to build a new cage and for a lot less $$$ thana store bought cage.

Your piggiesare so cute! And I love your cage! That was a neatidea for the second level. I had to make a roof on mine tho,since we have a cat.

Latest posts

Back