Cavy Pics!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are beautiful!

I can add a couple.

Mottley and Candy:

April3008.jpg

Rudy:

Aug.jpg

Jr.:

August152006002.jpg

Oh my goodness!

I love the ones that look like they have "cow licks" all over theirbodies. They are so cute. Are they calledAbsynnians?

I had two when I was a little kid, I don't remember them though.

I want a piggy as well. I saw one at the local mom & pop petstore and he was in a 10gal tank on pine bedding with just a food dishand water bottle....but he was popcorning and so cute. I swear he wasabout 2lbs. He has been there a while. I really should wait until mybuns are bonded and we get our own place.

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

Okay, I am wiping the drool off my keyboard now! ; ) Your pigs are beautiful!

I love the silver/black abby (not sure of the correct term for thecolor) and the peruvian with the tan face and darker body isgorgeous! What is the correct name for that color?

I have two piggies now! Funny how I left that post before, then ended up with a rescue:D.

Gorgeous pigs, Savi!

What kind of bedding is that in their cages? Right now I am usingfleece for my piggies, but it's not working so well. I have aspenbedding, but I am not sure if it will be too rough on their feet.

Its aspen I believe in those pics. Right now, Iam using large bales of kiln dried shavings that they sell as horsebedding at tractor supply. Its a bit softer then the aspen and itspretty economical and low dust.

Hrm, I wonder if my local feed store sells kiln dried pine shavings. I think I will send them an email to find out.

The fleece bedding is nice since I can just take it out, shake it off,wash and reuse. It makes cleaning the cage much easier, but it doesnothing for the smell and some days I get home from work and am burntout and the bedding really needs to be changed. I just think some formof shavings will be a better option for us.

:)

undergunfire wrote:
Hrm, I wonder if my local feed store sells kiln dried pine shavings.

:)

I buy kiln dried pine shavings at the local feed mill and I can tellyou it is much cheaper than buying it at the petstore.Definately check it out :)

Yeeee, I hope mine has some. I am going to email them in a little bit, I should hear back from them tomorrow.

I am hoping to build my piggies a NIC type cage, or c&c,whatever they are called. It has to be kind of long rather than widethough. I wonder if that would work okay.

I just have to find some cloroplast or something.

The feed mill most likely carries the largebales of kiln dried pine for sale as horse bedding. I get ahuge bag for $5.50 (it used to be $4.35 but has gone up recently) stillmuch cheaper than a petstore.

C&C stands for Cubes and Coroplast what does the NIC stand for?

Here is a site that explains how to build the C&C cageshttp://www.guineapigcages.com/howto.htmIhad set one up as three squares long by one square wide as I didn'thave the space to build using two. I think it was fine forone pig.

Latest posts

Back