Cautiously optimistic....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are right Jennifer she has sad eyes but I'm they'll soon have a sparkle back in them and we all hope to see that pic. Love can conquer all as they say and she will finally know what love, tenderness, hugs and kisses feel like and good food. It may take time but she's got the rest of her life with you. Look forward to following her :)

Aww, bless her. I'm sure in a nice safe and loving environment she'll soon be a bright, spunky bun :)

So she has been dubbed Luna, Duchess of UP (Ulster Park). I loved the name Flicka, but I was out voted. My dad was very adamant that she be named Luna. She won him over with her sad eyes. He said she reminded him of Luna Lovegood. I wasn't going to argue, lol. I plan on making her a blog, but I want to get her through the next few days. She was spayed yesterday, the poor girl. She has been nibbling hay and I gave her a few veggies to entice her to eat. Still being cautiously optimistic.

Great name! Welcome, Luna! Hope you will soon be feeling better from your spay! Will be looking forward to following you on your blog!

Oh I love that name Luna, like light in the darkness? Can't wait for the blog, all the best in the next week or so. Hope she settles in well and recovers from the operation :)

Selina

:brownbunny

Poor little Luna hasn't had a great life, but she's lucky that you found her. I know she'll learn to trust you and you'll teach her that not all humans are bad. :)

So I just had to share this real quick...Luna freaked me out. All of a sudden she was sitting there, while I was talking to her, and the next second she flopped down. I immediately thought she was going to have a seizure (I know, I know...classic paranoid over reactor here) but then I realized that she just did one of those bunny flops that I read about (at least I HOPE that is what it was, lol)! She stayed flopped for a few seconds, kinda rolled on her side (like a dog does in the grass) then sat up and started to eat hay. This is good progress, right? Stache never flopped, so I am a newbie when it comes to that.

Ps. Maybe I should just start her blog. Lol

If it was a flop (and it sounds like it was), that's wonderful! It would show that she's feeling happy and comfortable in her current surroundings. It sounds like you're already showing her what a lovely home she's found. :)

:yeahthat: lol Yes, it sounds like she is already feeling the love & safety there with you in her new home. Sounds like the "Awwww, I'm so comfy, contented & relaxed" bunny flop to me! Keep up the good work you two! Can't wait for the blog!

Yes, love the name and it does really suit her. Luna means moon in Spanish.

A bunny flop, they are just so great to see and yes, means she´s feeling really comfortable with you if she´s doing that. Sounds like she´s settling in well, she really is a lucky lady.

I'm so glad you found her and will be giving her a good home. There was a rabbit in my local shelter in Virginia that had
a similar issue. I think people are crazy **** that do that to any animal. I hope there is a special place in hell for them.

out of curiosity, did those other two bonded bunnies get a home? I hope so!

Good luck and keep cheering her on! She needs a good cheerleader and we all know it's you!

Vanessa

So I just had to share this real quick...Luna freaked me out. All of a sudden she was sitting there, while I was talking to her, and the next second she flopped down. I immediately thought she was going to have a seizure (I know, I know...classic paranoid over reactor here) but then I realized that she just did one of those bunny flops that I read about (at least I HOPE that is what it was, lol)! She stayed flopped for a few seconds, kinda rolled on her side (like a dog does in the grass) then sat up and started to eat hay. This is good progress, right? Stache never flopped, so I am a newbie when it comes to that.

Ps. Maybe I should just start her blog. Lol

Yeah that's great. Yeah you are paranoid! Brooke does that all the time..
so does Lady..

So she's feeling comfortable with you, that's great. After all she's been through and she hasn't been with you all that long! I've got some pics of
Brooke and Lady doing that. Later on I'll post them..

Keep up the good work!!!:big kiss:

Vanessa

"Her ear just fell off"?? Imagine what people would say if that was a human child! "Oh his ear just fell off, no idea how THAT happened, oh well just one of those things, ho hum".

I don't even dare imagine what her old life was like. She must have overcome SO much, what a trooper! Certainly deserves to spend the rest of her life in love and comfort with you.

Eclipse and Mercury were there when I adopted Luna. They were absolutely adorable and sweet, but I knew they would get adopted. And, according to Facebook (I am friends with the SPCA), all of their bunnies got adopted that day. I just felt a bigger draw to Luna, then named Bunnicula. I am drawn to the misfits...I have had a one eyed cat, a cat with no tail, Tonks is deaf, I had a kitten with epilepsy....the list goes on. You show me an animal and tell me they are unadoptable, and I will prove you wrong. Lol. My job at the SPCA was to rehabilitate feral cats and get them adopted. Loved that job.

image.jpg

I'm so glad you found a new bunny to love! She's a gorgeous girl and certainly lucked out to land herself with you :)

What I'm curious about is what Tonks and Luna think of each other?

I don't know your story like everyone else.... But just the simple fact that you have concern, and your not jumping the gun, tells me that you would be amazing for those two bunnies.

I have come to the conclusion that Tonks just loves bunnies. She went right over to Luna's cage and was sniffing her. She settled herself right next to the cage and started purring. Luna was interested in her. She also would sniff Tonks through the cage. I haven't let her out to hop around the room yet, she was spayed on Friday so I want to let her heal a bit. I think she and Tonks are going to be good friends though.

Hi Aubrisita..

I know excatly where you are coming from ..I too lost my Molly to a heart defect and was not ready to get another bun either but i have recently as a complete surprised anm the proud new bun mum of 2 adorable lil creatures that needed to be rescued from the horriable conditions they were in..i could not say no even though i really didn't think i was ready for 1 bun but 2...It was the best decision i have ever made...These 2 are my world ...I feel like a regular mother with her children when it comes to these 2 and they are the same to me as they just want to feel wanted and loved and have a loving home,,and they do,,,the best :).

I can't tell you what decision to make as that can only be made by you but my personal experience up to this point is i am glad to have made the decision i have mader for sure...

Good Luck And Follow What Your Heart Tells You :heartbeat:

Latest posts

Back