Cat found another nest..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NinaJ

Reaction score
This time he brought home infants. I caught him outside with another one later, then another as he was coming across the neighbors yard. Two are unharmed, but one has a scratch on its thigh. I don't know if its from the cat or not...

I looked around the neighbors yard since they weren't home and there's no fence but I couldn't spot a nest. If its in the next neighbors yard I wont be able to get to it. They have a fence up and the grandparents warned me that they aren't too friendly..

Their eyes and ears aren't open and they're practically naked. The closest rehaber is about 3 hours away and I have no transport..Last time I had a juvenile, but I don't know if infants are the same feeding wise. I know a formula recipe and I'm keeping them warm with a heat pack. Is there anything else I can do?

What formula are you feeding?

Peroxide will sting, but if its all you've got, I'd go for it.

I'd also not use much if any corn syrup in the formula, but otherwise I think its good.

Are there any signs of bites or teeth punctures?

sas :pray:

No bite marks. They survived the night, are eating, moving around a lot, doing their little bunny 'business', and I think they grew some more fur over night.

Cat scratches can be fatal to bunnys (I even get reactions from them myself- swelling and major itchyness) so it's no surprise the one with the scratch died. The 2 survivors are looking very cute, good on you for taking them in and feeding them :)

Cuties! Be sure to rub their tummies to get them to go to the bathroom and I'd get some Benebac powder if you can't get cecotrophes for them for probiotics.

I had a hard time getting the to sit still after feeding this morning. Any ideas? Also I think their skin is flaking a little bit. Kind of like dandruff. Is this normal?

Day 5..Both of them are a lot more excited about food lol! I keep worrying that they're gonna bite off the end of the dropper when they latch onto it as hard as they have. They've even nibbled on me a few times. They finally started 'going' on their own without any help.

I am totally agree with what you said,but my English is poor, sometiomes I don't know how to express my feeling,I just want to make some friends who can help me in my English and share the happiness with each other.

Latest posts

Back