Carrots

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mynameisjeff

Reaction score
Our rabbits are cuckoo for carrots (as rabbitswill be). I think they'd eat carrots all day if they could,but I try to restrict their carrot intake because of the high sugarcontent. Typically they will each get about 1/4 carrot each,2 or 3 times a week. On days when they get carrots I usuallydon't give any other treats.

How much carrot do you feed your bunnies? How much is too much?

Jeff

Misty's never had carrots... I give her carrottops which she loves, but for treats, I only give her papaya tabletsand oats. I don't think she's figured out yet that herveggies aren't treats, so she still goes nuts for cilantro andlettuce...

________
Nadia

I give one baby carrot once or twice aweek. Sometimes I give broccoli instead. I like togive hard vegetables sometimes because they wear teeth down differently(variety is best!) and it's a good way to tell if they're having teethproblems. Buns with molar spurs tend to stop eating hard foodfirst. Plus they love it!

I feed carrots as a treat. They might get 1 baby carrot per week, and some weeks they don't get any.

Zorro loves carrots. I've been feedinghim a little slice every now and then lately, since he was neuteredMonday and is being difficult.

Fred doesn't really care if he gets carrots, celery, red caggage,whatever. He eats slowly, but he eats a lot, and isn't toopicky :p

I only give Rodney carrot tops. He has neverbeen interested in the carrot itself. Is it only the carrots you haveto limit or should I be giving him the green carrot tops as a treatonly too?

Eve,its the carrot itself that should be limited,because they are high in sugar.

i give a little bit of carrot to every bunny,about once a week,ohh andthey absolutely love the carrot tops,when my bunnies know i havecarrots or the tops they do this little dance as if to say "comeon,hurry up,we want,we want nowwwww"they are so adorable :)

cheryl

Thank you Cheryl! Your bunnys sound so cute. :bunnyheart

Rodney loves his carrot tops, so I'm glad those are okay to feed regularly.

Sparky and Scooter actually don't likecarrots. They will bat them around the pen for a while andthen ignore them. They love carrot tops though.Heehee...one time in the grocery store there was a lady in front of mebuying carrots with the tops on. The checker offered to cutoff the tops and was going to throw them away. I interruptedwith "uhhh....excuse me, but could I have those?" They gaveme a strange look and I had to explain about having pet rabbits.

I've been giving my bunny half a carrot every day. Is this bad???

Maiko, a half a carrot a day is probably toomuch. My rabbit eats only vegetables, mainly green things. She alsoloves carrots. I think I made her sick many months ago when I let mystudents (I teach English to university students) feed her too manycarrots. I think the sugar in the carrots upset her digestion, becauseshe stopped eating and pooping for several days. She got better slowly.I kept her away from carrots for a long time after that, but now shegets them sometimes as a treat, like a quarter carrot a day.

Nancy

Latest posts

Back