Carrot has diarrhea!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry my mistake I think if she is under six months of age she should have access to unlimited pellets but not sure what age you need to cut them back maybe other members can comment on this.

Sorry my mistake I think if she is under six months of age she should have access to unlimited pellets but not sure what age you need to cut them back maybe other members can comment on this.

At 6 months you start cutting back and you can also start introducing veggies to them. Rule of thumb 1 oz of pellets per pound of rabbit. My 4 pound hollands get 1/2 a cup I have to adjust that to each rabbit because not all of them are 4 pounds.
If you feed veggies you will also have to cut back on pellets because then they are getting to many calories a day and they will get fat.

Thank you for all the info and for all your efforts to help!! You're all AMAZING!

I did give some pellet slurry in a syringe, she didn't want to eat pellets or hay or anything but took some (a little bit) of slurry. I was worried 'cause she only passed blood (thick stuff, is that what placenta is?) she ate a little bit of that thick blood, but not all. She didn't poop yesterday while she was here (until 9:20 p.m.).

The babies seemed to be all fine, "tweeting" and moving a lot, really cute. I didn't get to see them though before they were taken. Yes, I got to get them taken by the people from the group. It was a bit of a fight... but hopefully she went to a place where someone will be able to help her better than me.
I know nothing about bunny maternity, don't even know what the placenta is..
I care about her and have LOTS of love to give. Those people know hat they're doing, have been through lots of bunny pregnancies, although they don't seem to care like I do. All I know is Carrot needed someone who at least knows a vet who'll show up... I wouldn't know what to feed the babies (if needed) etc.. My heart is shattered, I wish I could keep them.. but sometimes loving means letting them go I guess....... (tears in my eyes)..

Thank you ALL for your amazing directions, you helped me keep her alive and well! Despite the fact that she didn't poop, she was ok when she left.

* Info I got after she left was there were 9 babies, she nursed them and they're all ok.

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN, YOUR HELP HAS ALWAYS BEEN PRICELESS!

Last edited:
I'm sorry they took Carrot(was she a foster?) I'm sure they will give carrot and the babies a good home!

Wow! 9? Thats a huge litter especially since she was a dwarf rabbit (I thought she was a Holland lop to me)

Hi I Looked on barbi browns web site she says if rabbit has diarhoa to feed oatmeal like old fashioned quaker oats these must stop the diarhoea hope this helps.

I gave her to the same person who gave me her, and one more girl from the group (group that rescues bunnies, I fostered bunnies -including Carrot- for them).
I tried to give her oats but she didn't want them.

I don't know her breed, but I could kind of guess 9.. :) although she's a PRETTY small bunny!! I thought she was a baby when she was given to me! No wonder she doubled her size fast..

And I could tell something was "weird", she was skin and bones, very very bony (POOR RABBIT!) but had a large bloated belly. I thought it was either worms, a huge weird tumor or babies.. but I "knew" they were babies when I massaged her belly, I knew it!!!! There was NO WAY it could be anything else! I didn't know that (even when I knew it) only 'cause some people here misdirected me and lied to me. And I guess it was intentional.. I don't know. I prefer to pretend they made "mistakes", I don't want to think people can be mean like that.

THANK GOD you guys from RO have been there for me and giving the right directions!

These are the babies!! (you can't actually see them) :hearts:hearts:
:birthday

1babies-7583.jpg

You've had such an exciting day! I am glad the rescue took her back to take better care of her and the babies. How unexpected!!! I just read the whole thread now and the outcome is amazing. Hope she doesn't have anymore diarrheal issues.

Well done brazil carrot and Milu I am glad it all came good in the end :nod:hugsquish::party0002::nod:bunnyheart:thumbup:dancingorig: let's hopeCarrot and the kits have a long a great life . I have really enjoyed reading your posts over the last few days well done again

Thank you!
I've read that 5 of her babies are black and 4 are pink
The person who's with her is a vet, so hopefully she'll have some decent assistance now.. I was worried but I think she'll be ok now

I hope that you can keep us up-dated on how she and the kits are doing ..and also maybe you can get a night's sleep now...you have been through a lot also !!!!

Thank you, Angieluv!

They took some pics of the babies, I'm posting them below. All the 9 were all ok for some time (at least they told me so) but then the other day they said 4 of them died. :no: :sad:

I don't know why they died. According to them, it's rare to have all bunnies being born alive and then surviving. It seems like Carrot is ok, the other ones too. At least I hope so. They're in another city.

Pics of the babies :hearts:
I just saw them through pics.. but aren't they beautiful?!

Babies in the nest!! :hearts:

1babies1-7676.jpg

Babies at probably 2-3 daus old :hearts:

2bebes-7677.jpg

Latest posts

Back