Carpet moths!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyGrandbunns

Reaction score
Hello there Bunny family. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post. Since having our bunnies- now just one bunny, i have noticed bits of carpet being coming off in pieces. i initially thought the bunny was digging it. Then did some reading and realized the little moths i see flying around are actually carpet moths. And are attacking and wrecking the carpet. The bunny lives inside in the living area and i am sure the moths have come in the feeling hay. I can't do any treatment that involves chemicals or toxins. I don't know what to do as the carpet around the edges and other places has patches that are threadbare.
I do a quick spray of the pyrethrum flyspray in a patch when he is having a wee spell outside. Has anyone else had this problem?

Just from some reading. Vacuuming, steam cleaning, vinegar/water spray (commonly used to clean bunny pee accidents as well). One repellant recommendation not to use with rabbits is anything cedar.

Guinea pig forum- carpet moths
Many thanks Jenny- much appreciated for your quick reply :)) And info- Yes i read about vinegar- it stinks so much but a small price to pay if works. I could do a patch at a time.
Mr Bunn is literally sitting in front of the warm fan heater as we speak..it's cold here and he loves it.
Best wishes,
Mary
NZ

Latest posts

Back