Carolyn

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ME TOOOOOOO!!!!

I like this one too....this was also sent to me. :dance:

Too Cute!!! My two favorite animals. I have to find a chicken for Tina.

:)

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
ME TOOOOOOO!!!!

I like this one too....this was also sent to me. :dance:

Too Cute!!! My two favorite animals. I have to find a chicken for Tina.

:)

-Carolyn
Ooh! Cute! How do you copy it? I tried, and it copied, but he doesn't dance.

Laura

Hi Carolyn-

I was watching a little bit of a program last night on the NationalGeographic Channel called "Elephant Rage". I'm not sure if you haveseen it yet, or not, but it was a really fascinating look into elephantpsychology as researchers explored the reasons for violent behavior inelephants.

Going back to elephants well-known propensity for memory and grieving(caressing the bones of dead relatives), animal behaviorists pinpointedintense grief as a motivation for rampages. Cited as an examplewas a herd of elephants that destroyed an entire village after aninfant was killed by humans there.

What really amazed me is when they were talking about Post TraumaticStress Disorder as being a trigger for rages. This one woman (don'trecall her name) said that many attacks by captive elephants may infact be reactions to intense trauma experienced in their infancy, suchas being kidnapped from the wild. Really amazing stuff.

The basic gist of the program was that elephants are incrediblycomplex, intelligent, emotional beings, and we must learn to respectthem, and live alongside them.

It definately gave me my "elephant fix" for the week :D

~Emily and the Fuzzbutts~

Hi m.e., :wave:

I did see that show a week or two ago and it enraged me because if mandidn't get involved and seclude the elephants to where he wanted themto be, the elephants wouldn't've raged the way they did. It was a greatshow, but very sad. I wish humans would just leave nature alone and nottry to mold it into what they want it to behave like.

It was bad enough they 'messed up' the first group of elephants, but then to go out and get a second group... :mad:

Then people wonder why they go into rages. Quite frankly, if it was me,I would've lost it much sooner than the elephant did. I was amazed atthe amount of patience the beast had.

I did think of you when I saw it, but I think you were still in Africa.I'm really glad you saw it. I knew, like me, you'd find it interesting.Keep me posted on such shows about the 'Gentle Giants'.
Thank you for thinking of me.

:elephantslide:

-Carolyn

I went to the zoo a couple weeks ago, and since you love elephants carolyn i thought i would share a picture.

This is the newest addition to the elephant breeding program.

BabyElephant.png

hope you like it :)

- Brittany

Thank you, Brittany. :sunshine:

I like it very much. They're such good mothers and aunts/uncles, etc. They have such a strong sense of family ties.

Thanks again, Brittany. :bouquet:

-Carolyn

Bummer, Pet_Bunny, :?

I can't see the pictures.

ElfMommy,

Really good job on the sculpture! :elephant:

-Carolyn

Hi m.e.!

D'ya see the new emoticon? :tusker:

I love the little guy. Thanks to ILuvMahBuns for finding him for me.

[align=center][/align]

[align=left]-Carolyn[/align]

:love:

I love it! Thank you, Carolyn.

:heart::tusker::heart:

~Emily and the Fuzzbutts~

How cool is that, PetBunny!! I loveThe Little Rascals as well - to have one of the kids cuddling up to ababy elephant just Made My Day. This one goes to the ScreenSaver as well.

Thank you!! :highfive:

-Carolyn

Agreed, Nadia!!

I Love that commercial!! Why is it the ones that you want to see are shown so rarely??

-Carolyn

Back