Carolyn

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m.e.

Reaction score
I had to do a curatorial paper for ArtAppreciation. Basically, I chose several images for my own "show" andhad to explain how they related, etc. It's what kept me up until 4 thismorning :shock: Anyway....

I chose the photographer Gary Winogrand and his photos of varioushuman/animal relationships. This photo was my absolute favorite, and Iknew you'd like it as well becuase you love elephants as much as I do:

HumanElephantTouch.jpg

Thank you, m.e. I've never seen that picture before, but I'mdefinitely going to make a copy of it and hang it up.

Oh, I wish I could have an elephant! They're the neatest animals. They have so much to teach.

I wish I could return thefavor. This picture reallytouches myheart .

-Carolyn

Yeah, mine too. There's just so much going on, it actually stirs my emotions.

It's the cover photo of Gary Winogrands book, The Animals. Hedid a lot of photography in the 60's and 70's pertaining to animals,and many of the photos were of elephants at the Central Park Zoo. (I'llpost the other photos from my report later...I got classes all day) Ithink I'll ask my parents for the book for Christmas :D

(and no need to return the favor, Carolyn, you rock! Really no other way to put it...)

You guys love elephants too? :shock:

I loveelephants! I used to collect elephant stuff. I kind ofquit because I had more stuff than I have room.Fellowelephant lovers!

Who'd a thunk it? And on a BUNNY forum!:)

Raspberry

I love elephants too. I have 2 stuffed ones at my house, one of them is almost 20 years old.

My mum really loves elephants, and she too has alarge collection of all things elephant. A few years ago, forChristmas, I adopted an elephant for her in Africa, and she got avideo, photos, newsletter etc. She loved it!- Jan

LuvaBun wrote:
Mymum really loves elephants, and she too has a large collection of allthings elephant. A few years ago, for Christmas, I adopted an elephantfor her in Africa, and she got a video, photos, newsletter etc. Sheloved it! - Jan

That's a great idea, Jan!

ele002.jpg

L038.jpg

If I had an elephant, I might name him Tusker. :)

-Carolyn

By the way, m.e.,

You have the memory of an Elephant; you never forget.

It was a while ago that I mentioned I love elephants and rabbits most.

Thanks again.

I'm going to look into finding this print, I love it that much.

:dude:

-Carolyn

Hi m.e.,

Did you see how the elephants are helping with the tragedy cleanup in Thailand?

elephant_wideweb__430x279.jpg

-Carolyn

No, I didn't,but I think it's justwonderful! I haven't been able to watch a lotof the news, I'ma little raw emotionally.I did hear, though, that rightbefore the wave hit the Thai coast, there was a group of childrenplaying on the beach. A mahout steered his elephant towards them,scooped them out of the rushing waters, and the elephant ran them allto safe ground. They're such strong and magnificent animals, butthey're also so gentle and tender.

Really cute avatar, m.e.

I hadn't heard of that story. Amazing! Thank you for sharing it.

Hope you're feeling less raw and things are looking up.

-Carolyn

Thanks for that article, Jan! I had only heardabout it on the news, and it was just an eye-witness account from aBritish tourist. That truly is amazing how the elephant and her personsaved those little ones.

And thanks for the kind thoughts, Carolyn. Seasonal Affective Disorderis in full swing, and the tsunami devastation has brought me to tearsmore than once. I've just had to limit my exposure to it :(

wow! i never heard about that! thats just wow!what a great elephant! i love how animals can tell when there is dangerbefore it happens!

and i'm not much of a elephant fan though, but i LOVE Zebras! i collectZebra things! lmao, but i do love Elephants! they are just awesome andcute! lol i just like Zebras more! lol.

another question, how come the elephants owners carry around thatreally sharp knife like thing? because that makes me sad! do they useit to cut the Elephants? and does it hurt them?

m.e.,

I heard a report the other day that there were very few animalsthat were found dead or washed up after the wave hit inTsuami.

They believe that the animals sensed this would happen and made way for high ground before it hit.

-Carolyn

I had heard that. I also heard that several, more"primitive", indigenous people groups may have survived the tsunami byobserving animal behavior. I think there's a lesson in that. . .

Latest posts

Back