Caption Contest Contestants

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elf Mommy

Reaction score
Please let me know in this thread or pm me if it is (or is not), all right for me to use your photos for our caption contest. I didn't think our photos would go anywhere beyond this message board, but now that there is a possibility that they may go onto LOLbunnies fame, I want to make sure that people are ok with me using their photos for our weekly contest (Sorry ADEE!!!!!).

So, post here (or pm) and I'll select fun photos from your blogs or other posts to use in our weekly contest!

Thank you!

Minda

im flattered when my photos are used in network (Through bunspace, binky bunny, rabbits online) its when they are snagged up by other websites i find it annoying when its not done with permission, i would love to know who the person is who is copying to LOLrabbit.. is there anyway to find out? I dont mind my photos being used here, if they are going to be used elsewhere however, i would like a heads up ;) I hope everyone can understand :?

Thanks again Minda for your apology and understanding!! again im flattered abbies pic was used here :D

ETA: if you go to LOLbunnies.com, they have watermarked each and every photo with their webaddress making the photo "theirs" to use.. thats why im upset about it. Abbies picture is NOT theres, the picture with the caption is no longer mine either.. the person who came up with the caption, the person who edited the pic and the origional person who took the pic should all get credit for it.. not some website who goes around snatching up cute pics!! ((steps off soap box))

ADEE is completely correct. Need to make sure the person is ok with their work being shown on another website. You don't make a photo your own by putting your name on it if someone else took the photo. Credit where credit is due, by all means. :) Some of us would love our photos up on LOLbunnies, but there are many who use photography as more than just a hobby that would prefer to have the site owner ask permission before cross posting. Actually, it would be nice to be asked either way. :D

Thanks again, ADEE, for being understanding!

Minda

Minda, honestly thank YOU for being understanding.. im sure my feelings can be perceived as bratty but there are people out there who will use other peoples photos for bad things.. (this i know has happened)

People can use your adorable photos in a bad way, they can make up stories that the rabbits belong to them, they can "Sell" your rabbit to an unsuspecting person who just wants a fluffy pure bred bunny of their own when in fact they have never even met the rabbit, this happens with poor dog breeders, cat breeders, rabbit breeders, reptile breeders, even people who do actual art.. "knock offs" are sold as the real thing and people get ripped off.

LOLrabbit is otherwise an adorable site filled with super cute pics, they are good people im sure, and frankly im sure thye dont want to waste their time tracking down photo owners but really, it can be considered illegal, its stealing if the photo wasnt released or if the person has a protection against the photo. Even when it comes to photography in general, say you take a pic of a flower and post it online, such as here for instance, its a BEAUTIFUL photo lets say and your proud to share it with this wonderful community.. someone (a lurker of the board) snatches the pic up and sells it to national geographic, photo stock, exc and they get paid for the photo... you dont get any of the credit for it whatsoever.. and everyone, it DOES happen. thats why on big important websites they have copy restrictions, you cant copy pictures... and on others they have big words going through the photo sometimes they say company names, sometimes its "do not copy"... i just want you all to understand my thinking/feeling behind things.. i dont mind at all, im flattered if my photos are used through here, even if you would like to use any of my photos, my kids, wild life, rabbits, exc just ask.. you would be surprised, people in general are very flattered, ive had my photos featured on banners, brochures, websites, exc and its very rewarding but its also very disheartening when people take your photos and use them for their own benefit....

Thank you Minda and everyone else for understanding.. again, i dont mind my photos being used at all in network but if anyone ever wants to use them outside of this forum just drop me a quick note, i promise 9xs out of 10 ill say yes.

ADEE wrote:
ETA: if you go to LOLbunnies.com, they have watermarked each and every photo with their webaddress making the photo "theirs" to use.. thats why im upset about it. Abbies picture is NOT theres, the picture with the caption is no longer mine either.. the person who came up with the caption, the person who edited the pic and the origional person who took the pic should all get credit for it.. not some website who goes around snatching up cute pics!! ((steps off soap box))
There have been times when I've thought about contacting them when some of the pictures from the forum have wound up on their site...especially when the bunny's owner was not the one who submitted it.

I understand completely why you're upset and if anyone were to submit any of my pics without my approval - I'd be really upset too.

It would be interesting to find out who is doing this - but hopefully - they'll know from this thread to not do it again.

TinysMom wrote:
There have been times when I've thought about contacting them when some of the pictures from the forum have wound up on their site...especially when the bunny's owner was not the one who submitted it.

I understand completely why you're upset and if anyone were to submit any of my pics without my approval - I'd be really upset too.

It would be interesting to find out who is doing this - but hopefully - they'll know from this thread to not do it again.
ive already contacted the website host/owner (the email is on there) and requested they remove the photo.. thank you again for those involved in making a really cute pic but for the sake of principal, i requested they remove it. they didnt take the time to ask permission to use it, they dont own the photo nor do they have rights to it. If anyone sees it back up there at any time please let me know, once you give them a warning/request to remove YOUR photo they are NOT allowed to use it.. infact they arent allowed to use it in the first place without permission but at least you have a leg to stand on should they rehost it again. I would really like to know who (besides LOL) is getting credit for hosting our photos from here.

Anyone is welcome to use my pictures, videos, or whatever for anything they want. As long as you're not getting me in trouble for having copyrighted songs on my videos, then I don't care ;)

I'm allright with it. Just a thought: You know how during the caption contest, someone usually edits the picture so it has that little black area around it, and the winning caption? Maybe they could lightly put somewhere

"Picture by "Such-and-such", (RO names?)
Edited by "Such-and-such",
Caption by "such-and-such",
www.rabbitsonline.net"

or something like that? That way, if someone does decide the picture is cute and decides to "borrow" it, it'll have credit?

If I recall, BunBun was up on LOLbunnies once. I Emailed about getting a portrait of BunBun done (back when they were doing it for free- I never did get the picture...), using my photobucket as a picture reference.
Next time I go to the site, there he is. He/She/They didn't ask me, but they credited my photobucket- incorrectly, might I add. (My photobucket is "Pet_loveo1", they credited either "Petloveo1", or "Pet-loveo1", I don't remember which, and I'm 99.9% sure that the underscore DOES play a part in the orriginality of the name. As in, if someone were to create a photobucket accout called"petloveo1", they'd get credit for the picture, not me.)
The picture is burried so far back that now I can't find it so I can't tell the site they credited wrong. (I wish they had a search featureor something...)

But anyway, back to the point:
I don't mind RO using my pictures, I don't really even mind LOLbunnies using the picture, I would just have REALLY liked it if they had credited me correctly.

I love seing BunBun's picture on the internet, as long as it's credited correctly. (VIA Email, Yahoo Messenger name, "Picture by Xila of www.rabbitsonline.net"etc)

~Xila:purplepansy:

thats a great idea xila, im sad to hear this has happened before. i too wouldnt have minded if i was given credit, instead they put their own logo on it.. hmppffff oh well.ill be really upset if i dont get an email back, ill keep sending them daily until i get some kind of response.

thank you evey, im going to private message that person directly.. its not enough to give credit to RO, its not RO's picture. Credit either needs to be given directly to the photographer (after permission is obtained) and or the other people involved (ie: individual who came up with caption, person who did the photo editing, exc)

Latest posts

Back