Can't help but be ashamed to be human....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
irishbunny wrote:
There will always be a countryside, it really isn't possible to have no countryside because we need food, so there will always be farmers for crops, milk and meat. I live in the countryside and farmers are very passionate about what they do and so are there kids, who will take over the farm once they die. They can't build over land if the farmers won't sell up. ;) Plus there are areas of the countryside that are not suitable to build on, because they are too marshy or wet or too hilly. Also, we have to have trees for different things and for air and many people now plant a tree for every tree they cut down, so that isn't an issue.

The goverment is also taking special care not to build over everything, I can't see how they would let that happen. I know what you mean about humans being dumb and destroying everything though, it is true and we can see that in global warming.
wonder full ireland......lol

we have green belts, and grace is right, we will always have greeny land

OakRidgeRabbits wrote:
jcottonl02 wrote:
I am sure God wouldn't have created earth and all if he knew this was how it was going to be, end.

I know this isnt a religious debate, so I don't mean to turn it into that. But personally I believe that God has given us any knowledge that we have. That doesn't mean that everything humans do with the knowledge is perfect, but I also believe that it comes full circle and that he has planned check points along the way.;)
i dont want this to be pointed out, but the world will end anyway sometime. its in the bible..

The more the population rises (which it will if we carry on the way we do), the more the government WILL build houses. That's all they care about. So if they can build anywhere, they will.

I bet they will find a way to level out the mountanous areas and harden the boggy ones, the swines lol

jcottonl02 wrote:
The more the population rises (which it will if we carry on the way we do), the more the government WILL build houses. That's all they care about. So if they can build anywhere, they will.

I bet they will find a way to level out the mountanous areas and harden the boggy ones, the swines lol
moz-screenshot.jpg

929003_42f9f4e7.jpg

irishlops wrote:
OakRidgeRabbits wrote:
jcottonl02 wrote:
I am sure God wouldn't have created earth and all if he knew this was how it was going to be, end.

I know this isnt a religious debate, so I don't mean to turn it into that. But personally I believe that God has given us any knowledge that we have. That doesn't mean that everything humans do with the knowledge is perfect, but I also believe that it comes full circle and that he has planned check points along the way.;)
i dont want this to be pointed out, but the world will end anyway sometime. its in the bible..

Well, as I don't believe in God, I don't believe the Bible either.

But you are right.

As the world was started by a Big Bang- there is no denying this- it's scientific fact with much evidence-, and the asteroid landing in Mexico which wiped out an entire species millions of years ago, there will inevitably come a time where either we are wiped out, and life begins again, or the whole world is destroyed.

The sun will die- it's hydrogen is running out- and when the sun dies, we will die. But tbh the world will be dead long before then anyway

jcottonl02 wrote:
irishlops wrote:
OakRidgeRabbits wrote:
jcottonl02 wrote:

Well, as I don't believe in God, I don't believe the Bible either.

But you are right.

As the world was started by a Big Bang- there is no denying this- it's scientific fact with much evidence-, and the asteroid landing in Mexico which wiped out an entire species millions of years ago, there will inevitably come a time where either we are wiped out, and life begins again, or the whole world is destroyed.

The sun will die- it's hydrogen is running out- and when the sun dies, we will die. But tbh the world will be dead long before then anyway
i belive, in god, bible and science... you are right...

Oh wow that top link is just beautiful! You live near that? Envy envy

I don't think you have to worry about there never being green areas in Ireland or in the UK, there will always be some, there has to be, they can't build over every hill and mountain, it's not possible and anyway they wouldn't.

jcottonl02 wrote:
Oh wow that top link is just beautiful! You live near that? Envy envy
yep. well, 1 or 2hrs away, but still close. the other ones are closer to me.

I'm going to give kind of a different viewpoint here and I hope you don't all hate me for it.

1) We know that climate change is happening, but we have no way of really knowing if we caused it or if it is just the natural course of our planet and no way of knowing if it is necessarily a bad thing. I mean, we know that there have been drastic climate changes on Earth in the past.

2) Yes, some farms may be disappearing, but it's important to note that, at least in the US, small family farms really aren't economical anymore. Sure, it's great to see a small dairy, but that small dairy can't support a family. A large dairy that takes advantage of technologies including BST and sub therapeutic levels of antibiotics is not only economical but also more efficient- more milk per cow. Also, most dairies in the US are still family owned, it's just that they're larger than they were before.
The same goes for CAFOs. CAFOs produce high quality animal products more efficiently than small farms.

irishbunny wrote:
I don't think you have to worry about there never being green areas in Ireland or in the UK, there will always be some, there has to be, they can't build over every hill and mountain, it's not possible and anyway they wouldn't.
if thats is directed at me, i know that. im just showing the author of the thread that its in ireland, some of it not protected, or boggy, and we have not built on it.
:).

irishlops wrote:
irishbunny wrote:
if thats is directed at me, i know that. im just showing the author of the thread that its in ireland, some of it not protected, or boggy, and we have not built on it.
The author of the thread ;)

Great points. :) I can definately see that side of it.

There is an arguement from some people that for exmaple, the hole in the ozone could have already been there, and we just never noticed it before. This is perfectly possible.
Also- noone can be 100% certain that we are causing global warming etc. as we don't know enough yet.

However, the overwhelming evidence is that in fact these things are our fault, and we have caused them.

However!!!!!!!!
There is another guilty species!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol this is quite funny, but when cows...produce gas, they produce SO much methane in a single fart that fields of cows are actually contributing substantially to global warming lol.

irishbunny wrote:
irishlops wrote:
irishbunny wrote:
I am aware that there is plenty of countryside not built on :) but I just see the rate at which we build over things, and I think it is only a matter of time before they somehow find a way to build over everything :(

irishbunny wrote:
irishlops wrote:
irishbunny wrote:
;) sound. thanks. im loggin off now.
bai

Toodles

jcottonl02 wrote:
irishbunny wrote:
irishlops wrote:
irishbunny wrote:
I am aware that there is plenty of countryside not built on :) but I just see the rate at which we build over things, and I think it is only a matter of time before they somehow find a way to build over everything :(
I highly doubt it, don't panic, there are smart, professional people that do stuff to make sure we don't lol :p

Latest posts

Back