Can't help but be ashamed to be human....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcottonl02

Reaction score
"We are too clever for our own good! We are eventually going to destroy the whole world. Why do we have the right to play God? Can't we just leave it at this, and let the world be?"

I agree with this! I am sure God wouldn't have created earth and all if he knew this was how it was going to be, end.

In a way I wish earth was the same as it was in at the beginning of the 20th century. Practically no technology, lots of space. No zoos to confine animals, wild horses weren't extinct or going extinct.

Now if the world was healthier, and greener and not polluted. Then God could feel happier.

Doesn't make much sense but just my 2cents worth.

I know that makes me sound awful for saying that. I really don't want people to think of me badly but I just wanted to know what other people thought.

I totally agree with you :)
I get worried about that sort of stuff :(

Phew :)

It makes me sound terrible even just to think that. Like not grateful for the life I have. I am so so so grateful for it. I just worry so much about life over the next 10 years or so, and what is actually going to happen.

I don't know whether I could live in a world of nothing but houses and buildings.

There was a labour party representitive come into our college and speak to us to try and get our votes and she was just going on and on about how they want to build lots of houses etc. etc.
And I briefly mentioned that we weren't going to have any countryside left, and she just rambled on about if we need houses, then they will be built, wherever they can find space :expressionless:expressionless:expressionless:expressionless:expressionless:expressionless:expressionless

I think its awful :(
I like fields! I like the countryside!
In my village they have just built 3 new houses where they can only really fit ONE decent sized one! Its stupid!

There will always be a countryside, it really isn't possible to have no countryside because we need food, so there will always be farmers for crops, milk and meat. I live in the countryside and farmers are very passionate about what they do and so are there kids, who will take over the farm once they die. They can't build over land if the farmers won't sell up. ;) Plus there are areas of the countryside that are not suitable to build on, because they are too marshy or wet or too hilly. Also, we have to have trees for different things and for air and many people now plant a tree for every tree they cut down, so that isn't an issue.

The goverment is also taking special care not to build over everything, I can't see how they would let that happen. I know what you mean about humans being dumb and destroying everything though, it is true and we can see that in global warming.

I really hope your right. But soon we won't need countryside for food. We will only need small warehouses where torturous intensive farming can occur.

Cheap, easy and only a small building needed, right? :cry2:cry2

The farmer opposite my house has just sold his land. A gorgeous, HUGE farm, with countryside as far as you can see from my house. It's so wonderful to wake up, look out the window and just see green as far as you can, and deer etc.

In a few years it will be a huge housing estate. :tears2::tears2:

I agree with you there. As humans, we do some pretty horrendous things to the world, the environment, animals, and sadly even each other. As the saying goes; absolute power corrupts absolutely.:(

I almost wish we could move back a step in time. Like when people didn't get to 16, have a baby and move out as soon as they could into a new house. I know not everyone has done that, but 4 girls in my year have done that already before even finishing their A levels- got pregnant and moved straight into a council house. And where might that council house come from? It comes from building over a farm- simplistic and sarcastic view I know, but the concept is true.

I know you can't make people stay at home etc. but I really feel that people shouldn't just move out as soon as they can if there aren't houses available. But the government makes them available, so people do!

irishbunny wrote:
They can't build over land if the farmers won't sell up. ;)
The sad truth is they can. to all of us regular Joes like you and me you'd think if something is owned by someone its theirs so for anything to happen they need to sell it. But there are so many cases where their are loop holes that developers and the government know about, they can get people gone through regulation, give them offers to good to turn down or drive them out. Sadly today If someone who has the means e.g money to do something they can make it happen usually at any expense.
And to answer your question, I don't think humans have do anything that doesn't not benefit ourselves, seriously, I can't think of a thing that in one way or another doesn't benefit us. This sounds really horrible and I don't want it to happen but if we want the planet to have enough resources for us we honestly would need to cull billions of people. People are only now begging to accept global warming, only 100 years to late. there still are government officials who think it's a big have. I'm quite a passionate person when it comes to the environment lol. Even now when we know what we needs to be done, stop chopping down a football feild of the amazon a second, drastically cut our use of fossil fuels, reduce or water consumption and stop being such a throw away society, still nothings being done and to be honest I find it rather sad. People are so wrapped up in their own worlds they fail to see the bigger picture.

PepnFluff what you say is so right. Everything you've said I totally agree with.

It's such a shame. On the one hand, you have the arguement that we need to use lots of fossil fuels etc. to transport food over here from other countries, which happens a lot. And to see family etc. and get to work etc.
But on the other hand we don't physically need to use them at the rate we do. We can survive without exploiting them.

We are such a throw away society! It's just terrible. I know this isn't much, but we have our own vegetable patch in the garden so we get a lot of vegetables from there. Peas, sweetcorn, potatoes, carrots, sprouts etc. and we grow enough for us and they are perfect. So it can be done. We don't need to use so much fuel to get food places when we can easily grow it ourselves.

Wind turbines look absolutely horrible- but I just love the sight of them. Even if they look terrible, they look wonderful to me because it means we are really trying to become more environmentally friendly. The only bad thing is....unfortunately there is talk about wind turbines killing bats. The BCT is now saying that bats may be attracted to the turning of the wings of the turbine, and get killed by flying too close.
Suddenly we think we've found a way...but something goes wrong.

Also- what's up with people's legs?!?! I don't get it! I walk so many places, and it's fine! People just drive absolutely everywhere. Of course, some people need to because of location problems, but most people who drive everywhere just don't need to.

I can't get my head around this- we chop a football field size of amazon down every second, like you said. Dear God.....that is just so....so wrong.

Every second....a football pitch size. We just destroy everything. No wonder species are becoming so rapidly extinct.
And the rate at which the ice caps are melting is all our fault too. It's just a knock on effect.

If there is a God....he can't have intended this.

jcottonl02 wrote:
I am sure God wouldn't have created earth and all if he knew this was how it was going to be, end.

I know this isnt a religious debate, so I don't mean to turn it into that. But personally I believe that God has given us any knowledge that we have. That doesn't mean that everything humans do with the knowledge is perfect, but I also believe that it comes full circle and that he has planned check points along the way.;)

In my area many farms have sold out to developers and housing developments are going up all over the place... I hate it. I am hoping that the towns continue to hold "green spaces" but with high taxes in New York people can't afford to buy and keep large amounts of property so the developers ultimately win as people have to eat. Wish they had another way to make money so houses weren't popping up like dandelions.

What is worse in some towns is the newcomers don't like farming... lights, smells, noise. Hello - you idiots moved there...

In my town, newcomers have to sign an agricultural awareness paper - realizing one is moving to a farming community and that if you don't like noise, smells, tractors and combines running at all hours, cows, horses or whatever, don't move here. It keeps the NIMBYs out. (Not In My Back Yard types of folks.)

Just my two cents.

Denise

In New Jersey the state or county will buy farms to preserve it as farmland. The farmer continues to work the land. One farm was turned into an agricultural education center.

I hate how all the farmland is going away :( It really makes me sad.

Near where my brother lives, there's about 100-200 acres...I've lived where I am for almost 9 years (seems like more!) and everytime we went past that big lot of acreage, I always looked out to see cows grazing, and a bunch of grass as far as I could see. Now, it's dirt, and paved roads, and house foundations and it makes me mad.

Emily

jcottonl02 wrote:

It's such a shame. On the one hand, you have the arguement that we need to use lots of fossil fuels etc. We don't though, or rather we don't need to use nearly, as much and I mean like we could probably reduce it by half, there are somethings where Fossil Fuels are the only things, I can't think of any at the mo but i'm sure there are haha. But there is virtually an alternative to everything, France has gone nuclear powered for almost everything - I don't like this nuclears a bit dodge for me but its better them than many other countries, solar powered, hydro, wind and alternative fuels. Its kind of strange if you think about it, big coporates and the government are willing to spend billions of money on development and destroying our planet but when it comes to turning greener oh, we'd love to but its just to expensive - coming from the man who just gave his employee multi million dollar bonus's.
And good on you for growing your own vegies, every little bit helps :)
And me being the little enviro freak I am, I often count how many cars there are only one person in and have little dreams about shoving all of them to share cars lol. And the amount of packaging that comes with stuff! Jeepers!

The sad thing about the amazon is that were cutting down the forest in favour of some palm thing that produces palm oils? so people dont have to use petrol.

And the Ice caps are so sad, there are shelves breaking off that even with global warming scientists didn't think would spilt for another decade or so. And its quite alarming that these are the BIG, BIG mumma ice shelves like HUGE ones that have ice so thick and thousands of years old that are the hardest to split...........

My old house, I'm going to buy it back when im older lol - but anyway this house was the mintest house in the world, its on a acre, big vege gardens, huge establisihed plums trees, not in the country either, and thats what most of the houses surrounding it were like. Abit a bit smaller sections, know ours is the only one left :(
they were putting 10 houses on the Falthams section last time I drove past, thats not enough room to swing a cat. Its all rather sad as I said before lol.

OakRidgeRabbits wrote:
jcottonl02 wrote:
I am sure God wouldn't have created earth and all if he knew this was how it was going to be, end.

I know this isnt a religious debate, so I don't mean to turn it into that. But personally I believe that God has given us any knowledge that we have. That doesn't mean that everything humans do with the knowledge is perfect, but I also believe that it comes full circle and that he has planned check points along the way.;)

I completely respect your belief- after all it could be true. But me personally, I just don't see why a God would create a beautiful world, and work everything out so unbelievably perfectly so that all creatures need one another to survive, and then plonk us humans down, and we destroy what he has worked so hard on.

I guess it's free will isn't it. God has to give us free will, and we do with it what we choose. But I can't believe this was his intention.

But anyway I am not religious in the slightest lol so I am not too well informed.

Blueskyacresrabbitry- Near where my brother lives, there's about 100-200 acres...I've lived where I am for almost 9 years (seems like more!) and everytime we went past that big lot of acreage, I always looked out to see cows grazing, and a bunch of grass as far as I could see. Now, it's dirt, and paved roads, and house foundations and it makes me mad.

That is so sad. :( In a few years time that will happen to me.

Pepnfluff: And the Ice caps are so sad, there are shelves breaking off that even with global warming scientists didn't think would spilt for another decade or so. And its quite alarming that these are the BIG, BIG mumma ice shelves like HUGE ones that have ice so thick and thousands of years old that are the hardest to split...........

It's bad enough that hundreds of species in the ocean are becoming extinct that we don't even know about- have never even discovered, and now never will, but it's even worse that we are going to see species wiped out. I don't think anyone can fully comprehend the number of species that will go. Even one tiny species of algae could affect many species- just a one degree change in the ocean's temperature could wipe out algae, which would wipe out krill, which eat the algae, penguins which eat the krill etc. seals which eat the penguins, sharks that eat the seals. It's unbelievable.

I was just about to say 'If everyone did their little bit, the world would be a better place.'
But no. If everyone just did 'their bit' not a little bit, but their bit, then the world would be a better place. All that involves is using less water and not wasting it, walking places or carpooling, or cycling, growing your own veggies (if u want to- this would reduce the number having to be shipped over, using fossil fuels, and contributing to global warming), helping out the local farmers and butchers by buying their produce etc. and just being aware.
I really wish everyone would try. If everyone understood, and tried to do these things, maybe we could just about rectify the wrong we have caused.

Sadly, so many people are just so selfish. Ignorance is one bad thing, but selfishness is just totally different.

Wow, it's bad all of you are losing your countryside, that's not happening here at all it's so hard to get permission to build here and usually you have to be from here to get planning permission, or living here for a couple of years before you are able to build a house. I can't see it disappearing here anytime soon.

its our free will jcotton stated. we have the choice to choose whatever that may be, both "good" and "bad"

i personally believe thats its just mankind that is choosing to ruin such things and be so worldly in a sense

one day, we will all be judged and i know that im going somewhere really nice forever and ever and ever :)
because i have chosen to live for my Lord Jesus Christ :)

I don't believe in God. I believe we are the same as every animal- no better, and deserve no more than they do.

I think the idea of religion is nice, because it's intention (this may not be the reality) is to help people live good lives.

Even though I don't believe in God, I live a good life, do my best for everyone and everything, and I know I am a good person. :)

That's all that matters.

Latest posts

Back