Can you please help me? :'0(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am utterly confused by my bun right now. She is absolutely fine and she is less moody than she was :?I am taking a vet appointment for tomorrow to get some answers. :?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Very strange :shock:Glad shes doing ok though.

Id like to hear what some of the breeders think about this- does a female who misscarries always strain/try to deliver around 31 days? Or could the dead kits be in there and she doesnt try to deliver them, so you would see no signs of babies until its too late and they've gone septic?

I know there are alternatives to spaying/surgery- some sort of antibiotic and another drug that help to absorb the dead kits. I wonder if it would be worth it to use those drugs just in case it was a misscarriage- before she goes into septic shock.

Thoughts?

Maybe she reabsorbed them? I don't know how late into the pregnancy they can do that, but rabbits that miscarry can reabsorb the fetuses inside the uterus.

Glad I am not the only one to fnd it strange :?

I was thinking of her reabsorbing them too. Anyway, I have an appointment on Friday at 6:20 pm. I will ask about giving her antbiotics to be on the safe side. I doubt they would harm her if there is nothing there? I'm really confused by all this. Lol. Maybe she was faking it to get some extraattention? :p

LOL, Polly! I was just about to ask the same question!

Sometimes rabbit pee can be a very dark orange or red. When it dries it does look like dried blood.

Did you just find a puddle of blood or did was there blood all over your girls genitals?

--Dawn

I'm not even sure anymore :?Lmbo.I was pretty sure it was blood but maybe it wasn't. I always thought red urine was a bit more orange. This was bright red. :?Problem is that her bum wasn't red it was more orange. I am sooooooooo confused. LOL

Would it be safe to put Wiggles back wth Bam-Bam? They are getting terribly lonely.I guess it would be better to wait for news from the vet?

I wouldn't put them back together until you find out from the vet if she is indeed pregnant or has a different issue. Just spend a little more time with each of them so as they don't get lonely.

Make sure you ask the vet if it would be o.k. to put her back with Bam Bam.

Sharon

MsBinky wrote:
I was pretty sure it was blood but maybe it wasn't. I always thought red urine was a bit more orange. This was bright red. :?Problem is that her bum wasn't red it was more orange.
From what I've read, you can't really go by colour, it's more of a texture -- blood has clots that will appear as lines or spots in urine and maybe thread-like lines onthe rear of a bleeding doe? What exactly did you see?

And bunnies seem toreabsorb even active litters. I've seen several cases here where people felt movement in the pregnant doe, butshe never delivered.It's a situation that can be toxic, and it could show up in a tragic manner even weeks from now if untreated.

I'm frustrated with the vetshere, not the owner.Youshouldn't have to travel, surely any vet can do an xray, blood test or something,if not an ultrasound, or at least prescribepreventative or cautionary meds.

They canconsult with another vet. They can even call a breeder! What they can't do is nothing.

Even without stuck or reabsorbed kits, if that doe was delivering a full term litter right now,chances are very verygoodat her age she'd be in trouble, I find it stunning they didn't react.There'snomeds, no one on standby, no instructions, nothing.This one bothers me because I've seen it -- death while giving birth isexcruciating torture. It's like sticking a screwdriver in them andtwisting it for8, 12 hours.It's not an event I'dtake a gamble on.

I hope you get some answers.

sas

That has been my frustration all along. Right now all looks normal but it bothers me that she is quiet though she is eating, peeing, pooping, etc. I will be asking for the antibiotics tomorrow even if the vet finds nothing. I just want to be on the safe side with her. I hope she gets decent treatment tomorrow...:?

sounds like it could have been wee but being with him has put her into a phantom pregnancy, but i agree better safe than sorry, Is he neutered cause if not i would not be putting them anywhere near each other till at least one of them is done!

I put the vet results on the "Rabbits Online Forum" section to make it easier to find and because I didn't think it concerned breeders now. I hope that is ok.

Latest posts

Back