Can u fully potty train your rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morgan :)

Reaction score
my mini lop rabbit called belle is now 8 and a half months and is potty trained but she will always only do most of her toilet in her two litter trays I wouldn't mind this if she was in a pen or hutch but she is in my room with all the stuff she needs but still she will do the toilet at random bits of my floor does anyone know how I could fix this?

Get used to it, if it's just bunny berries that get scattered. You can fix this with a small hand held vac.

If she pees here and there the first question is if she's spayed - I had an intact doe in my apartment for 8 months and she destroyed it properly. Use vingar to clean andf try to hide the scent. But every rabbit is different, some have better litter habits than others, andit can improve when they get somewhat older.

It isn't really litter training what we do, we just take advantage of a natural behaviour, they more or less have certain toilet spots in the wild too, but they also mark their territory when hormones tell them to.

Last edited:
I have the same issue with my boys- they 'mostly' go in the litter box, but when they are out and about, they let their bun nuggets go free lol, even though the box is right there. They do go to the box for number one. They have their own room though, so I just go on a gathering mission daily! One was an outdoor hutch bunny and the other a spoiled house bun (still is) prior to us adopting them. They are older and not concerned with my opinion so I just roll with it :)

It's normal if your rabbit mostly uses their litter box. My rabbits were potty trained, they usually use their litter box, but quite a few bunny turds would be cleaned up, but it was never their urine. Btw is she spayed, and is this the normal turd, or is it urine too?

my mini lop rabbit called belle is now 8 and a half months and is potty trained but she will always only do most of her toilet in her two litter trays I wouldn't mind this if she was in a pen or hutch but she is in my room with all the stuff she needs but still she will do the toilet at random bits of my floor does anyone know how I could fix this?
If she's 8 months and unspayed it's maybe hormonal and she keeps marking her territory or it could be a health problem especially if she urinates often and her urine is unusual colour and thickness. How long is she with you and it changed recently or it was there since you've got her?

As for my rabbits I've got four two males two females all still intact my males pee strictly into their boxes and their berries are all over but they are dry and no problem, only one produces lots of smelly berries when out of his cage just marking territory. Girls generally go into their boxes too but sometimes can pee outside it especially if they think it's time for me to clean their cages or their box is full. They are also leaving smelly poos near other's cages when out. It's territorial and should stop after spaying. Well I only have a plan on spaying one of them atm.

Latest posts

Back