Can someone tell me what color this baby is

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jashaira

Reaction score
Someone told me sable point. Then someone told me if his eyes are blue then blue point. Then someone thought broken sable point. I just want the right color to put on his papers. He has nice blue eyes here are a few pics.

040-2.jpg

038-1.jpg

042-1.jpg

008-2.jpg

I was wondering about the eye colour. I thought a blue point had grayish eyes rather than really blue ones.

lelanatty wrote:
Blue Point

possibly Lilac point?

It is definitely a pointed white, which is a shaded color.

I agree that it's a blue point - but not a pointed white (pointed whites have red eyes).

There is a difference between the colors blue point (dilute sable point) and pointed blue (blue point himalayan w/ red eyes).

It doesn't appear to be a broken to me, just very light in color. The ruby reflection in the eye indicates either it's a REW carrier or a lilac point (the eyes of a blue point carrying REW would appear different than a homozygous ch).

The pedigree could help to figure out the genetics.

pamnock wrote:
lelanatty wrote:
Blue Point

possibly Lilac point?

It is definitely a pointed white, which is a shaded color.

I agree that it's a blue point - but not a pointed white (pointed whites have red eyes).

There is a difference between the colors blue point (dilute sable point) and pointed blue (blue point himalayan w/ red eyes).
Thanks!

pamnock wrote:
The ruby reflection in the eye indicates either it's a REW carrier or a lilac point (the eyes of a blue point carrying REW would appear different than a homozygous ch).
So If I had a solid colored rabbit thatsort of looks bluebut has a ruby cast to the eye, could it be a lilac?

lelanatty wrote:
pamnock wrote:
The ruby reflection in the eye indicates either it's a REW carrier or a lilac point (the eyes of a blue point carrying REW would appear different than a homozygous ch).
So If I had a solid colored rabbit thatsort of looks bluebut has a ruby cast to the eye, could it be a lilac?
The ruby cast is permittable in anything dilute, I believe, since it's also tied in with that gene.

lelanatty wrote:
pamnock wrote:
It would have to have the chocolate gene to be lilac because lilac is the dilute of chocolate.

TinysMom wrote:
lelanatty wrote:
pamnock wrote:
It would have to have the chocolate gene to be lilac because lilac is the dilute of chocolate.
It very well could. It's grandmother is chocolate.

lelanatty wrote:
pamnock wrote:
Yes - a blue generally wouldn't have a ruby cast to the eyes.

lelanatty wrote:
TinysMom wrote:
lelanatty wrote:
pamnock wrote:
It very well could. It's grandmother is chocolate.
But do both parents have chocolate in the peds or background at all?

Both must carry chocolate as it is recessive - so the bunny would have to get it from mom and dad...

I want this baby. MINE! Ok that is no help but an E-Lop with blue eyes??

T.A Bunnies wrote:
Sealpoint
Seal points are generally darker and smuttier.

4677477.jpg
9600704.jpg

i agree on frosty point.... hmn. maybe blue point... XD

Oh. Possibly a blue seal point? like, a blue point with the double cchl that makes seals. hmnn... I just generally don't see a lot of smut on cchl ch, cchl c's. Just the seal points. But every line's different, I guess.

Latest posts

Back