Can I see your buns toys?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DragonflyK

Reaction score
We just picked up our bun yesterday from the adoption center and I want to add to her toys. So far, she just has baby stacking cups, baby rattle, and some applewood sticks. I would love to see what everyone else has! I'm a visual person so pics are a plus!!

You can give her some empty toilet or paper towel tubes, even stuff them with hay. I don't have any yet but cat treat balls with some pellets inside. An old phone book with the cover removed. You can place this in a cardboard box. Most buns like to dig and chew it so it tends to be messy but put it in a box and you have a dig box and the mess is contained.

Any and all cardboard whether pieces or boxes. Ones that do not have shiny print on them are safe. If your buns a chewer then you also will have to remove any tape.

Hi & congratulations on your new adopted bunny!
This is my bunny girls favorite & most played with toy:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005BXYAGQ/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Another RO member recommended this cat treat ball & it is my girls' favorite toy! I use it to put their pellets in each morning. They come running & I gently toss it into their hidey box for them to run in, bat & knock it around to get their morning pellets! Gives them a fun workout as well as getting their pellets!

My girls also love balls of all kinds. We have a hard plastic bird ball I bought from a bird store I buy from for my birds. We play bunny soccer with me rolling the ball to them & they nose roll it back to me! They also love the willow balls both for chewing & playing.

The above are my girls favorite & best used toys. For more interactive play, you might want to consider agility training &/or clicker training. Bunnies are very intelligent & need their minds stimulated with learning good things to do rather than letting their minds wander to mischief!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the bunny approved website for toys! I have bought more than a few "smart bunny" toys to make them think about how to get their snacks.

Bunnyapproved.com

I go for the jumbo sized willow balls, you can either make if you have access to a willow tree, or buy them online. Some sites call them willow balls & other wicker balls. Either way they are made from untreated willow branches.

Bunns like to push them around, chew on them & eat them. I think they are great! The best bunny toys!

The one in the picture below was a bought one, I can't quite make them that perfectly!

005 (2).jpg

My Holland Lop likes a paper towel roll cut in half and stuffed with hay. However, I've tried a myriad of toys that he was less than impressed with:

Wiffle ball
Hanging kabob with wood pieces and apple tree sticks
Wood stick ball
Straw ball

Honestly, the item that he literally goes NUTS for is an old kitchen hand towel. I was using it in his carrier for trips to the vet, but after watching him dig at the bottom of his cage, I threw the towel in there to give him something to work with. He loves it. He moves it around, almost wrestling with it. If it happens to cover the straw ball I mentioned above, he humps it. :) He lays by it and likes it when we gently cover him with it and he wiggles his way out.

I tried this a few days ago and it went over quite well.

http://petsforlife.com.sg/news/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/PaperBowl.jpg

I put mine together a little differently. I wrapped a little bit of toilet paper around the balloon and then used a spray bottle to wet it. Repeat for a long time. Almost half a roll. I used different length of toilet paper so the shredding would be funner. When the paper dries and it turns hard, pop the balloon and throw away. Never give the toy with the balloon in it.

Pros: Amazingly easy and my buns approved! They all like to shred and peel off the toilet paper one by one. I did not put treats in the bowl and they still loved it. They were stealing it from each other. It's so funny because they steal it and then just turn (180 degree) around like that makes it final. You know what I'm talking about right? The other buns just goes around and play/try to steal it away.

Cons: Messy! It looks like it has snowed inside my apartment. Next time in a box.

IMG_20140414_113930.jpg

IMG_20140414_113848.jpg

This a fun way I use to feed my buns. All you need are clothespins, twine and a place to string it across. I.e. 2 chairs, across the pen. Today I used my fence protecting my new mattress and the lamp. Change the locations and it mimics the foraging they do in the wild. Of course, without the clothespins and twine. =) The veggies also stay clean and off the floor.

IMG_20140414_121508.jpg

Latest posts

Back