can he smell the dog?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyang

Reaction score
over the weekend, my bf brought his puppy over. milo freaked out the first time he saw her so we've been keeping them out of one another's views. it's been a few weeks since he's seen her (the dog). it's a lot of switching back and forth. i live in a one bedroom apt so when the puppy is out in the living room, milo is in the bedroom. at night, they switch. well, milo is pretty active at night, making loud noises w/ his water bottle, so (i have him in my bedroom at night when my bf and his dog aren't over) so that he doesn't wake the birds up. well, he won't stop thumping! i don't know what's freaking him out. could he be smelling the dog still? it is really loud thumping and annoying. anything i can do? before he thumped for days and this is out from nowhere now. what could possibly be scaring him?

Im not really sure

Since Milo was never around dogs(im guessing he wasnt before?) Maybe he fears that the dog is a predator and is a bit freaked out by the pup.

I think he may smell the puppy on you and BF and a small change animals most animals can smell things we cant.

Has the amount of attention change has anything else in his environment changed?

Storm normally freaks for a bout a month when we where still fostering over cat dog bird anything.

We have stopped fostering and I have not seen the behavior sense.

Has his food or anything changed?

I would sum it up to puppy. Your going to have to slowly introduce them some how even if they don't play together they bun can't be stressed out his whole life and you don't want a puppy that like to chase your bun around either.

Someone more experienced with that will help you my bun come into the house where my dog already was and although he won't lay next to her most days they not scared of each other.

Now my 9 month old kitten loves Storm but does not understand chasing storm is not a game for Storm. He will chase Storm then when he get right beside him flop over on his back as to say play back.

Put a towel with the puppy for two nights then put it in the buns cage. Even if he never sees the dog he has to get used to that new smell. The towel will smell but he will relies that smell won't hurt him. Don't doing anything before a more experienced members come along

Latest posts

Back