Can anyone help me on this one

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dribbles

Reaction score
I dont no whether this is good or bad news?

I have been sitting with dribbles for an hour letting her run around without disturbing her, she started to make wierd noises and nibble my trousers (is that good?) i dont no if she was being playfull or just trying to get me out of her way but every time i moved she carried on, i was getting scared as i didnt no what i was surpost to do can anyone tell me why she was doing it? as im a bit confused and worried

Also what should i do to make her feel more at home i have given her the cardboard toilet rolls and her own ball, is there more i can do?

Dribbles wrote:
its like a whinning groaning pineing grunting all combined sort of noise
Sounds like she can't get her little engine started.

Chippy makes the most noises I've every heard a bunny make.
When Chippy makes this noise, it can either be to get attention ("I'm very excited to see you and I need some noserubs!")
...or to protest something ("That's my litter pan and I don't care if you need to clean it...it's still MINE!")

I've had rabbits oink like a pig and make a noise that sounded like a Guinea Pig. Both times they were excited about something.

Dribbles wrote:
I think its more likely to be the second one
...or to protest something ("That's my litter pan and I don't care if you need to clean it...it's still MINE!")

As long as she's just talking at me and not showing physical actions, I'm not too concerned. I bit of pawwing or digging is usually a pre-warning that I may get nipped next.

what can i do to stop this because all i was doing was sitting on the floor letting her run around smelling me and getting used to me and then she started nibbling my trousers can i stop this at an early stage?

He just made a noise like a pigeon as well when he was eating the grass is that normal because i want to stop anything bad at an early stage

The nibbling you may not be able to stop. It's just nibbling, right?....not nipping or biting?!?

I've got lots of clothes with bunnie nibbles in them.

Brindle has an obsession with nibbling belt loops on jeans. There's not an aggressive bone in her.

It sounds like you have a very vocal bunnie. Not normal for all, but normal for some.

I love saying it....buns will be buns!!

i've heard pig oinks, hummin, growling, snorting, almost like a purring noise and a very very low pitched humm thats extreamly hard to hear on our frequancy. bunnies can be very vocal.

with the pants nibbling... you just may have to get over it. butting nibble and chew, thats what they do. welcome to the world of bunnies

Both my girls are very vocal. Pebbles has always been pretty vocal even when she was just a little thing. Pebbles has a wide range of sounds from soft happy sounds, to a deep angry ready to attack grunt. I think the sound your hearing is she is wanting attention. Pepsi makes a buzzing/moaning noise when I come near her cage sometimes, but she only does it with me. At first I thought it was her breathing,but she doesn't do it when my mom's near her cage.

Spring wrote:
Pepsi makes a buzzing/moaning noise when I come near her cage sometimes, but she only does it with me. At first I thought it was her breathing,but she doesn't do it when my mom's near her cage.
I think those fall under the "hum, boing, zoom" sounds :D

she has now started getting territorial thumping her paws on the floor so it makes a loud noise, and make a clicking noise when she eats, she is now letting me stroke her and tickle her chin/neck

Latest posts

Back