Can a rabbit have mini-strokes?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmh9023

Reaction score
Just wondering? Button has been really sick with an ear infection, but this morning he started having involuntary twitches. Nothing major, just like a quick little shiver maybe every 1/2 hour or so. This morning he also was having more trouble getting around. He'd been off balance because of the infection but he was still able to get around fairly well but not so much this morning. I can't really think of what else it could be.

Cara

He ended with Azithromycin last night because it didn't seem to be making any improvement. Tonight was his first dose of Chloramphenical. He will also get his dose of Meclazine yet tonight.

I've got him comfortably tucked in a little box and covered up to keep warm. Is there anything else I can do for him tonight?

He's been drinking water through a syringe, he ate a bunch of greens, some pellets and some hay.

I also just noticed that his "down" eye is bright red. He had an infection but it seemed to have cleared up with Chlor. ointment. But now it's bright red :(

Cara

Latest posts

Back