Cami and Hunny's Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah!

it was sooo funny i walked in to my bed room and i know 3 buns is nothing compaired to waht some of you have, but 2 flemish and a netherland running right at you eyeing the treats in hand, was kinda like night of the lepus!

*giggle*

OMG i didnt knwo where to post this so i will just put it in here....

i found this while crusing the net looking for pics of sandy flemish...

her name is Dolly! LOL

18dolly.jpg

I am in love with how big Spice's ears and feeties are compared to her body..can't she just stay that way??:inlove:

Maybe it's a good thing she won't..as I might steal her if she did. :whistling

Congrats on your new addition :)

Congrats on the new little girl! :p She's sooooo cute~
I hope she becomes quick friends with Cami~
(More pictures, more pictures~!)

As for Dolly..... Oh my, what a dewlap! :D *Resists the urge to ask 'are those real'* She must be so proud;)

~Diana

wow... so spice was not litter trained yesterday, but she did her thing in there last night she did soooo good im sooo proud..

BUT

Cami on the other hand.... craped EVERYWHERE and peed all over the place!
I woke up to a mine feild. ARG

so im gonna pen cami untill she gets used to having another bun around... I kinda expected it...

tile floors are wonderfull things though! LOL

I added 2 new litterboxes to each area, and im limiting out of pen time, so hopefully she gets the idea...

Hubby picked it all up! LOL Such a good daddy!

Spice14.jpg

ok, so the girls have been playing nice all day, and i found a vet that is famillier with the larger breed rabbits and said she would have no problem spaying her even thought she is alittle older. (Cami)

and spice is so active, compaired to my plop of a bun cami...! LOL

here is the latest pic of Spice!
she got into my bed and streched out in the pillows!

Spicepillow8.jpg

how comfy does she look!

So i have the cami cam on spaice and cami they are living to geather and getting along great, no more fighting, and they clean each other all the time.. im soooo happy!

they have to stay in the little pen witht he 3 litterboxes till they get it under controle.

http://hunnycam.ourlinksys.com:1024/

like i have said before turn on cookies, and use in internet explorer. then click view video.. sorry for those of you it doesnt work for.

hear of some shots..

cami is sleeping in the litterbox, and spice is getting a drink

NetCam20071102-111636.jpg

spice munchin on some hay!

NetCam20071102-111710.jpg

spice using the litterbox! WOOO HOOOO!!!!

she got a treat after this pic!
NetCam20071102-111726.jpg

Oh how perfect. How much was she? I am so regretting not going to the show.

jupiterannette wrote:
ok, so the girls have been playing nice all day, and i found a vet that is famillier with the larger breed rabbits and said she would have no problem spaying her even thought she is alittle older. (Cami)

and spice is so active, compaired to my plop of a bun cami...! LOL

here is the latest pic of Spice!
she got into my bed and streched out in the pillows!

Spicepillow8.jpg

how comfy does she look!

As usuall lots of pics, and a question!

cami and spice are bonding really well they have been togeather with out any issues for 4 days now! YEAH!!!

90% of peeing is actually in the litterbox, unless i give thema blankie... grrrr

and about half the poo is in the box.. but...... here it comes.... Spice is still having soft poo.... yes im gonna gross you out and put up a pic.. i cant dicribe it.. it is like insead of pellets there logs.... and then she squishes them, it is JUST LIKE a small dog poo.

poosmudge.jpg

and she digs inthe litterbox??? no clue here..makes one heck of a mess though.
litterdigger.jpg

and now the lazys buns this morning...
snugglebuns12.jpg

tag your it!

snugglebuns10.jpg

face plant! they love there teddy! they were both on it when i went to get my camera but then they moved grrr..
snugglebuns1.jpg

note the basket of toys inthe corner... spice slept in it last night! LOL
snugglebuns.jpg

Those soft poops are cecal poops - they are supposed to eat all of those, but sometimes they may produce too many and don't eat them all.

What kind of food and hay is she eating? Is it alfalfa? Timothy? How many of the soft poops do you see laying around? Does she only do it when she is out with Cami or all the time?

Too much protein can cause extra cecals - alfalfa feed and hay is higher in protein... also some food brand are higher than others, which brand and kind of food are you using? With my guys were young, I switched them off of alfalfa pellets to timothy early because they were all having excess cecals. They should normally be switched to a timothy pellet around 7 months or so... might be different for larger buns.

Also, some of my buns will leave cecals laying around to be territorial.

You should post this question in the main forum - more people will see it there and be able to give some opinions. :)

thanx.. they eat timothy pellet and timothy hey, the pellet is

protien 17%
fat 3%
fiber 12 min 17 max
calcium .9min 1.1 max
phos .65
salt .05 min .15 max
vit A 1000iu/lb

some are the cecals, but others are the big normal poo

and they are in the pen togeather it is there house.

as soon as they are better with the litterbox, they will be free hop like cami was before..

im thinking it is territorial.. she is only 3 mos though, and cami is 1-2 years... and i finnally found a good bun vet to get her spade at... nov 30th is the day!!! hopfully that helps with cami, with spice i want to wait till she is older....

hmm... what brand is that? It seems to have a low fibre content and high protein for a Timothy pellet. I would post the picture and your concerns in the main forum - healthy bunnies should not be having excess cecals or soft poops on a regular basis.

:huh

Nadia

What brand is that? No offence, but many alfalfa pellets have lower protein and higher fiber than that. The high protein levels frequently cause excess cecals, especially in adults but sometimes in younger buns too. The low fiber can contribute to that, even if they are eating hay.

Try switching to a pellet that is less than 16% protein, preferably less for adults. And minimum 18% fiber. You'll probably also notice that their fur looks better too.:)

I agree...less protein, more fiber, and maybe switching to Timothy pellet food.

I had to switch Maisie's food when she was young because of excess cecals...and found that she very quickly stopped producing too many, and was perfectly healthy.

So, yeah, that's my suggestion...

AND...post your questions in the main forum(s), Silly! Want you to get all the help you can...and a lot of people miss blogs...:(

Hugs!

Rosie*

P.S. How are the birdies?? :D

birds are good.. i jsut figured posting here i wasnt cloging up stuff, i always feel im in the way :)

umm i jsut looked at the bun food, and oops it is alfalfa....

also the treats im giving are very high in protien... 24-48% so i guess thats bad, and the fiber is5- 10 %

so i guess i wont do those any more...

this is it....

50lb bag for 14.25$ it is made locally in mass, so i figured it was good.. i was aiming for higher protien and high fiber..

i didnt knwo lower protien was better..
hey i use 1 bag per week
bunhey1.jpg

bunhey.jpg

the bun food
DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

Want another one made is MASS? It is the best! I use it!

Yes! The sweetmeadow is good. That is from the same farm??? Odd.

yeah look at the bottom of the last pic towards the left....

it is a sub devision of sweet medow, i know the family who owns the farm, i have been feeding this with all my fosters, and my nethie for years... and my last flemish too.. and spice is the first to have an issue...

i dunnoooo

i will give her some more time she has a chck up next week any whoo

Latest posts

Back