Cami and Hunny's Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jupiterannette

Reaction score
Well I dont know if any of ya remember me from january we had a little scare when my dwarf got preg from one of my foster boys.... LOL

well all things are well now, hunny bunny has been spayed, and is even more lovable now.!

and yester day after a year of searching, i went back to the far i had gotten my blue american doe at 2 years ago.... Ginger past away due to the ecoli spinach last winter...

and.. DON DA DA DON!

I brought home chamomile, AKA "Cami"

she is a light greay flemish, and weighs about 13-14 lbs, she was gonna be meat, just like ginger, and has never been held and loved on, jsut grabed by the ears and tossed here and there.

She is sooooooo sweet!

the only pic i have of her right now is one of her after her tubby yesterday. so she is a bit wet..

she was so covered in poo, and icky stuff i had to scrub her with a little baby shampoo.

naturally nothing can go perfect for me, and i think because she was in with a male...

yup... probably! My luck! i hope not but we will see.

you were all so helpfull before, and i jsut wanted to let you know that i have found love again!

i have some one to cuddle with when i sleep in on saterday mornings! :)

this is a pic of gingy and one of cami... sort of to
bigbunz.jpg
geather

Wow your Cami is beautiful! and sorry to here about your loss of Ginger

I got to meet my first Flemish Giant &French Lopon Saturday and I totally fell in love with them....but unfortunitly I do not have the room for such a big pen cause I would want atleast 5ft x 5ft for one bunny.

HI !!:wave:

Welcome back!!!!

Congrats on finding Cami....she's beautiful.

~Jim

she is in a pen about 5.5 by 6 ish.... and she has the biggest litterbox i could find, and i think it is too small...

i think im gonna cut downa rubbermade tub!

after jsut 2 days off the farm and into the home.. she is using the litterbox! i thought it would take at least a week! but i jsut wiped up the pee and put the papertowel in the litterbox, and all the stray poos... and no accedents scince yesterday morning!

she wont drink out of the water bottle... only the bowl.. im not gonna fight her, i was reading somewhere that the bigger buns drink sooo much that they have a hard time getting enough out of the bottles. I used to use lg dog bottles with ginger, but i think im just gonna stick to the bowl with her! she ate half a bag of hay, about a cup of pellets, and a handfull of bun salad yesterday!

so i guess she is doin ok!

:)

so I decided to post some more pics of cami now that she is dry and fluffy and clean.

she has settles into her new home nicely. vet checked, clear..... dont know if she is prego if she is it is only a week.

sooooo, if there is any one on here that is familiar with the bigger buns, do you think her little box witht he mats is ok for a nest? should i build a box?

DSC06890.jpg

DSC06893.jpg

DSC06894.jpg

DSC06892.jpg

DSC06889.jpg

thanks!

we went to the vet today for a check up, and her sore hawks (sp?) are healling well.
grahm stain is good. ear culture is good. teeth are great! fur and skin is perfect, and eyes and nose are clear......

she has little peanut (in the shell) sized lumps in her belly, she said they are the baby bunnys! Im sooo excited!!!!

im dredding finding homes for all these buns, but welcoming them with open arms..

how do i get myself into these things!

the vet was very pleased to see she is in such good health and being taken car of soo well!

Yeah cami!

ooh she is adorable!

Welcome home chick! I am sure you will find all the help you need!

Shame I live so far away or I would definatly have one of your babies! :inlove:Their mummy is soooo cute!

More pics please

sarah x

this is the cami cam, i have it set up int he bedroom where she is so from my office whil im working i can keep and eye on her!

i hope to get it online so any one can see her and her soon to be babies....

NetCam20070915-141859.jpg

she loves the tile floor, nice and cool... she pushed her bed away fromthe walla so she could lay against the wall and be ont he cool tile,

so i think they like each other? a bit of a size diff! LOL

DSC06905.jpg

sniff sniff

DSC06896.jpg

I think i love you!!!

DSC06902.jpg

when cami ploped hunny was half under her but she didnt seem to mind!
LOL

I just love the pic with Cami almost sitting on bunny!! Too cute, so maternal:biggrin2:
I have two buns, Jazz and BK, check them out under my blog...

very pleased to meet you:)

I am about an hour and a half drive to the center of Belin. Let me know when the babies are bornmaybe I can help find homes.

thank you sooo much, i jsut dont want people trying to feed them to snakes and well people eating them.... that was her original destiny, breed once then ... GULP....

this is a pic of her in her new cage... it is a little dark sorry!

NetCam20070916-172931.jpg

She escaped from this so its back to the pen!!!!

Here is the link to her live feed camera!

http://hunnycam.ourlinksys.com:1024

it only works in explorer for some reason!

just click view video

There you go! It's a Bunny Blog, now!

Cami is adorable. I just wanted to post an answer to your question way back about her nest box, now that you are pretty sure she is pregnant. Her nest box needs to have sides all the way around that areshort enough for her to get in and out, but tall enough to keep the wriggly babies in. The nest box should only be 2" longer than Cami's body (in a rectangle shape) when she's sitting in it. Most nest boxes have 3 tall sides, a roof and a floor and the front panel has a side wall that is only 3-4" tall. Put a layer of shavings on the bottom, fill it to the brim with hay and punch a 'hole' into with your arm. She shouldn't get the nest box till day 28 in her pregnancy.

Good Luck with her!

wow your buns are so cute! i love the pics of cami and hunny!

thanks!

it jsut wasnt the same with out a big bun in the house...

also i wanted to share a buny website with yall...

this is where i get toys and toy ideas...

they have good stuff at reasonable prices..

http://www.bunnybunchboutique.com/

cami is getting all sorts of stuff.. 120$ ! yikes, i got carried away!

i have orded fromt hem before and i LOVE the "GARDEN TREATS" hunny likes it too! LOL

it smells sooo god, i onky gave her a little bit at a time, and she was always beggin for more! LOl

enjoy!

oh yeah.. She was getting out of her pen and i was scared the babies would get stuck and thanks to all of your good advice i have captured the beast! LOL

i used the small mesh squares on the bottom so babies wont get out and then the grids on top so she cant jump out. it is 4X3 panels so almost 5 ft by 3.5 ft.

little small but for right now it has to work till i can get out and get more panles.. also once the babies are big enought to be moving around alot, they should be big enough i can extend the pen with the x pen.

here is a pic of the live feed , Cami is all stretched out relaxin'

NetCam20070919-180525.jpg

just figured i would post some more pics of camis house... hopefully this is the last time i have to change it!

i only close the pen when i leave the house, or am sleeping!

she is almost always open.
Relaxin'
DSC06929.jpg

open pen
DSC06928.jpg

closed pen
DSC06925.jpg

arial view
DSC06926.jpg

Latest posts

Back