Butter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It did work! (For the most part.) Having her at my parent's has taught me a few ways to distract her and train her. I do need to bunny proof my apartment more though!

Haha, it's hard to be angry at her when she chews on my chairs. SHE'S JUST SO PRECIOUS!

Butter and I survived visiting my parents for the holidays! It was rough, but things are getting better at their house. Hopefully it won't be so stressful the next time we decide to stay there. Right now Butter is under "cage-arrest." I need to finish some bunny proofing and I am doing a cleaning overhaul on my apartment. I really don't want her out and about while I'm vacuuming and using cleaning supplies everywhere. She's taking it in stride though and seems to be content to sleep in her hidey hole.

My little sister has been visiting us that past few days. She keeps commenting on how Butter likes to sit in her litterbox. I laugh and just remind her that Butter has a high fiber diet. And to not judge, because I know how her body responds to fiber too. My little sis (Maggie) doesn't really like Butter (much). She's a bit scared of rabbits, so it's interesting to see them interact. Of course, Butter is oblivious, but I think Maggie is warming up to her. Tries to pet her now, etc. I think Maggie can only accept Butter because she doesn't have red eyes and that she doesn't bite.

I'm really glad to have a good tempered bunny as my first bunny love. She's doing wonderfully well and is winning the hearts of many people who were once indifferent or ignorant. She's so precious! :)

Butter is doing fine still! She's gotten a LOT better at chewing, but I do provide her with a variety of toys and veggies now. She loves craisins and cilantro!

I've started looking into a variety of vets to get her altered. My sister shadowed at a clinic and knows the vet who does bunny spaying there. She likes him and trusts him. This is the same clinic that my family has historically taken our animals. Those have been nearly all dogs, but we know them and they know us. I also hear they have a half price month. They also seem to have one of the cheaper prices (before delving into suspicious like the vet I talked about earlier). I think I'll deal with all that in the summer though. I just have a few more months of hormonal bunny left!

By the way, she is really bonding with my boyfriend. I let her out one morning before he woke up and she climbed all over him. Haha, he woke up a few hours later and thought he just dreamed it. It was so cute!

Well, Butter and I are just waiting for the semester to start. I am also hoping to get a job at my university's library. It would be cool to get her trained enough that I could take her with me. Haha, doubt that my school would be okay with that, but it'd be super fun! My roommates say they'll help me with her while I'm on campus late, and I have a schedule worked out where I can let her out during the late hours of the night if not earlier. She's so precious. I absolutely love her.

I can honestly say that a rabbit might be the best pet for me. :inlove:

DSC01615.jpg

Butter in her hidey hut.

I've been forgiven! (Sorta.) Butter and I had our first issues. She had been put in her cage for a few days because she kept misbehaving. However, I blocked those areas off and she has been free to roam for the past few days. She won't run from me now when I reach down to pet her. It's nice.

What a sweetie. Hope all is well. And yes it is tough to be mad at those little faces.

That's how they keep us slaves.

K :)

School started again, just recently. Of course, I'm already floundering. However, coming home to Butter certainly makes the day better. She is absolutely adorable (of course) and likes to sit under my desk at my feet while I'm working on my homework. Maybe I could try to teach her Russian? It certainly gives me someone to practice with, even if she isn't much for conversation.

She's started following me around when I walk about my room. She'll also run up to me if I've stepped out. She's doing great. My roommates like seeing her run around too.

Speaking of roommates, I got a new one recently. She may have a slight aversion to rabbits, but she knew what she was getting in to when she moved in. Besides, Butter was here first. :)

My most favorite thing in the world is watching Butter flop.

I'll add pictures soon! It's only the second week and I'm behind in homework, so gotta catch up first!

Butter and I survived the first month of my last semester of my first round of senior year at college! Wooo! Hahaha

So, a few things:

1) College is going to be crazy. I haven't been able to spend as much time with Butter as I would like. In fact, I haven't been really able to do ANYTHING for a while. I finally had the first opportunity to clean my room last night. It's fantastic. Also cleaned Butter's cage. Moved things around a bit too (which she doesn't like) but she is adjusting well. Still using her litter box and all.

2) Butter has been eating NONSTOP. Like, I always have to have food in her bowl. She also isn't gaining weight. It's weird. However, I do plan to use any tax return money I have on getting her spayed. It will happen, whether or not she likes it!

3) I have really crazy roomies. Love them to death, but man, passive aggressive behavior gets OLD.

Hope y'all are great!

Butter is bringing me to tears. I love her to death, but I can't keep her from chewing on my walls and she keeps displaying agression to only me. My roommates are fine. Me? HELL NO. She boxes and bites me. I've tried ways of telling her "no."

For example (and this is probably bad), I grabbed her after she bit me. I put my hand squarely on her shoulders and pressed her down. Not hard enough to hurt, but hard enough for her to not run. Then I fed her a craisin. She calmly took it from my finger, whereas right beforehand she had bit me for it, while grunting and charging.

This is really frustrating me. (I'm posting this here and not in behavior, cause I know enough people look over this. Just need to rant. Sorry.) I don't want to hurt her or scar her, and I really want to get along with her.

I don't think I'm meant to own a bunny. Or at least not give her craisins anymore.

Does anybody have faith that getting her spayed may just solve all the problems? This is super frustrating.

May I ask what that colourful stuff on the bottom of her cage
is? it's really pretty...

I hope her attitude changes towards you...
My moshi is only 3 months but I purposely put my finger out
to test her and she kept sniffing and then biting on to it
and I would squeal and then she knew it hurt me... but I
kept doing it and she kept biting me and I just repeated until
she got the picture that biting hurts... and until my finger
couldn't handle it anymore :p lol. But I guess its probably
not easy for everyone to purposely let themselves get bit
over and over again...

I think spaying will take that hormone aggression away. It is tough to have your bunny growl and charge. Kreacher was my nipper. Got me several times, but since his neutering I can say No more biting. He now just thumps at me when he is in a mood. And bunnies are definitely moody animals.

Hang in there. I know it's frustrating. Think about spaying, but don't give up on her. Though the growling is scary and the nipping hurts, giving up on this attitude just makes an anti-social bunny. And we all want to socialize with these neat creatures.

K :)

Back