Busy Week!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamnock

Reaction score
I won't be online much over the next week due to judging, taking care of my friend's place and traveling to my family reunion. Didn't want anyone to waste any time speculating over my absence or thinking I was rude ignoring their posts. I will be checking my email address and trying to get my Rabbits Only"fix" here and there.

Have a good week everyone!

Pam

Hi Pam!

Posting this here so that you don't miss it. Got this reply back from the web master as to the questions you and others have asked. Will post it on the Pam's thoughts post as well, but putting it here so that it doesn't get lost in the shuffle. He doesn't understand the first question, as you see. I'm trying to explain it to him.

The members on my forum have asked the following series of questions. I will copy what you write and send it back to them.

1) "I miss so many of the posts :( I liked how the old rabbit web was set up in chron order, so I could simply click through and read every single new post -- I never missed any of the fun :)"

2) "Is it possible that an option be put on where members could have every new post emailed to them? This is done for the Correll Forum where I am a co-moderator. I just have the emails auto sorted into their own folder where I can easily read every single one, answer posts and delete them with out having them mixed into my regular email. Withthis method, I never miss a post. (Unless I don't have time to read them all LOL)"

3) "This is a silly question, but it annoys me when my posts are wider than the computer screen so that people have to scroll left and right to read them! Is there a setting I need to adjust or something or do I just need to do some silly little thing different that I'm not paying attention to?"

1) Could you elaborate on this?

2) This feature is already available (My Account > Watched Forums).

3) This often happens when you post or upload big images. For uploaded images, you can limit the display of attachments with posts when the image width is bigger than a certain size (Admin Panel > Topics> Avatars & Attachments > Attachment Image Width).

Hope you enjoy your time, Pam. I'll definitely miss you here, as I'm sure we all will, but traveling to a family reunion sounds like it'llbe fun. Hope it's your side of the family. :) Hope your brother makes it!!

Love,
-Carolyn

Hi Carolyn :)

Perhaps you could also check into whether there is a digest option available.

Pam

The highlight of my "busy week" will be on Monday when I'll judge 400rabbits for a fair -- I'm going to be exhausted!!!!! (Keep in mind that the ARBA recommends a judge should be expected to do no more than 250rabbits in one day). I worked for 8 hours at one show without ever taking a potty break or eating (all I need is a mug of coffee LOL). I think the longest I ever judged at a show was 12hours!!! I did take a short break to eat a bagel.One of the top Dutch breeders in the nation advised me not to eat anything on my "break" because he didn't want me to be tired when I started up again :shock::p

Oh Gosh, I'm not sure that not eatingis good advice. Perhaps a salad to or something that is easily dig estible. At least have some carrots or something to nibble on.

250 rabbits to judge!? That'd do me in!

-Carolyn

pamnock wrote:
Hi Carolyn :)

Perhaps you could also check into whether there is a digest option available.

Pam

Would the features under My Account, Watched Forums and/or Watched Topics answer the digest question, Pam?

If not, I don't know what you mean by the digest option.:?

-Carolyn

The day goes so fast, and I am concentrating so hard, that I don't actually get hungry. My kids normally don't eat all day at the show either as they are usually busy. At the Ohio State Convention this past May, me and the kids lived off cheese chunks, candy, crackers, popand apizza we bought the first night. I really think cheese is one of those "perfect" foods and has plenty of fat and carbs to live off of during a busy weekend :p

Pam

Carolyn wrote:

Would the features under My Account, Watched Forums and/or Watched Topics answer the digest question, Pam?

If not, I don't know what you mean by the digest option.:?

-Carolyn

It's an option you would normally find under "preferences" for having the posts emailed to you. Rather than individually as we can currently receive our posts for specific threads we have chosen, the digest option would be sent out once a day and contain every post as well as the ones on a new thread. It's the same way you can have forums such as "Show bunny" sent to your email account.

Pam

pamnock wrote:
It's an option you would normally find under "preferences" for having the posts emailed to you. Rather than individually as we can currently receive our posts for specific threads we have chosen, the digest option would be sent out once a day and contain every post as well as the ones on a new thread. It's the same way you can have forums such as "Show bunny" sent to your email account.

Pam

Will look into it.

Ahh Yes! The Power of Cheese!

-Carolyn

400 rabbits to judge in a day sounds pretty manic with or without cheese :?:). Sounds like fun though. Hope you and your family have a really good week :)

Rowan wrote:
400 rabbits to judge in a day sounds pretty manic with or without cheese:?:). Sounds like fun though. Hope you and your family have a really good week :)

Oh Gosh! I misread that post.

400 Rabbits!

-Carolyn

P.S. Thanks for letting us know that you won't be around much. That was very kind and considerate. We definitely would've been wondering where you were.

Good Luck Pam! Whats your next 'ohio'show? I'd love to see ya judge! :) These next 10 days will be busy on my part LOL! My fair is starts Friday and ends next Sunday i think. I can actually sleep in a little tomorrow but not for long. :(

Amanda

Im away from the computer alot this week too as im at the fair helping my neice with her showing.Anyway i got best of variety orange and my neice got first place junior orange doe.she also got best of breed jersey woolie.bluebird

bluebird wrote:
Im away from the computer alot this week too as im at the fair helping my neice with her showing.Anyway i got best of variety orange and my neice got first place junior orange doe.she also got best of breed jersey woolie.bluebird

Way to go, Bluebird!! Missed not seeing you around.Congratulations on your success! That's great news!

Dwarf_Angel04,

The pictures you take of your little ones are priceless. I always always melt when I see your photo shoots.You've made many of my days.

-Carolyn

Why thank you carolyn :) Its hard to take bad pictures of Dwarf Hotots cause they are so darn cute! LOL!All rabbits are cute... its just called patience, time, and well behaved rabbits.

Back