Buster and Tucker's pics

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well,

It's 11:25 p.m. and as Mambo told us, Letterman is having Ms. B, a 23-lb. Flemish Giant, on the show tonight.

It was a great day all around - and the fun continues.

Wanted to say Happy Birthday one more time before I sign off.

May all your wishes come true, Lyndsy.

:)

-Carolyn

You guys are all awesome! Thanks again for all the happy birthday wishes! They came true!:)

It was a nice quiet bday, I spent it at home with my hubby and all our Monkeys!

Peter bought me a new mountain bike with a little wagon for Daytona on the back!, and all my Monkeys! got me a nice card and flowers...

I received MANY phone calls from family and friends, and TONS of emails from you guys! THANKS!!!!!

We took Daytona for his FIRST bike ride, we got him one of those child wagon things that hook onto your bike. We seat belted him in, safety first.... and off we went. We have a gorgeous bike trial right in our own backyard, lots of parks, trees, and a stream.

It was Daytona's first time out, so he was VERY nervous, but by the end of summer he'll be used to it!

On the way home we stopped and got some fish and chips for dinner, Daytona LOVES halibut! So do I!!!!!!;)

Then we came home and watched tv in bed all snuggled up together...

unfortunately after that bike ride I didn't get to see the big bunny, was it really all that big or what?

TTYS,

Monkeys!:p

Well i've got some very uncertain news as yet...

Buster's NOT using one of his back legs...:(

We're rushing off to the vet in an hour or so, she feels it's an emergency. I went grocery shopping and came home, and he was hopping with one leg...

I'm SOOOOOOOO upset right now, I don't know how he could have done this in his cage? I was only gone for an hour...

I'll let you guys know what happens later, wish us luck!

Monkeys...:?

Oh No, Lyndsy!!

What's going on overthere??? Is he okay?? What did the doctor say?

Please write back as soon as you can. Very worried about you and Buster.

-Carolyn

Just spoke to her husband. She's still at the vet's with Buster.

Thinking of you, Buster and Lyndsy!

Get well soon!

Love,
-Carolyn

WELL!

Buster will be ok! What has happened is this...

You know those sticks made of plastic you get balloons on? Well rabbit bones are a lot like this, in the sense they bend very easy...

all he has done is bend his leg bone. How wearen't too sure of, but after a little sedation, a few x rays,many hours,and few hundred dollars, we've been sent home with pain meds and told, NO ACTIVITY FOR TWO WEEKS! the bone will straighten itself out!

So for now, he's hanging out on the bottom of his cage with his food and water and hay...

My poor baby! We were SO worried he had fractured it, or dislocated it...

URGH! these Monkeys! I tell yah'!

Carolyn, I heard you called, thank you for caring so much, i'll give you a call if that's alright?

Thank you to EVERYONE for caring so much, I told Buster, and he was a little out of it, but he says thanks so much!

Much Love,

Monkeys!:)

Hey Lyndsy, have you blocked off the ramps in his cage? I would just worry that he would get on the ramp and possibly fall or injure himself with the leg being sore.Just a thought.

ETA- Glad to hear that he is okay. Silly monkeys always keeping you on your toes!

Oh, I'm so glad Buster's going to be ok. You have to love those strange animal injuries.I had a dog decided one morning she wasn't going to use her hind legs at all. $500 worth ofblood tests,x-rays with sedationlater, we had no diagnosis and a dog who was suddenly walking just fine again. LOL

Jen

I didn't know their bones were so soft and could bend like so. Could he have caught it on something or twisted it? Glad he will be better anyways.

Get well soon Buster!

Rainbows! :)

Every once in awhile Sebastian's legs get pretty close to doing something I'm not sure they should with these large squares on the Condo wire. Buster may have got his leg caught in his condo wire and startled himself into a panic.

I'm so glad he is going to be alright.Too bad about the $$$ though! :shock:Might have to cut back on that spring mix and supplement with dandelions! :pAt least they are in season!!!

Raspberry

Your babies are absolutely beautiful! They almost looked liked they're stuffed animals that someone designed!

What kind of rabbits are they? I am so new to rabbits that I am trying to gain an education as I go. I could probably look it up, but I am more inclined to remember if I ask....

P.S What's with all the Canadians, eh? ;) And where is Monkeyville? (I grew up in Toronto, but am now in Az)

Dearest Lyndsy, I am so glad Buster is alright. I haven't been on this week getting ready for Dale to come home today. Carolyn called me and told me what happened. I am so sorry. I am just relieved that you and Buster are okay. You are a wild woman my friend lol. I heard about the drive;);). I am going to be gone all weekend and be back Sunday night. I will check in as much as I can.

You and Buster will be in my thoughts and prayers. I will talk to you soon Sweetie. Give Buster a kiss from Auntie Tina. Apollo says he wants you to give Buster some extra treats from him too. Hugs Hun.

Tina

How's the little mon doing today, Lyndsy?

-Carolyn

GOOD MORNING!!!!

Thanks for all your posts and love... that's so sweet of you all!

Carolyn, Buster is still only using his one leg today, but he LOVES his pain killers, so it makes my life a whole lot easier... LMBO! He's been hanging out on the bottom level of his cage, I moved his food and hay and all that good stuff down there for him.

and again thanks for talking to me last night! You are TOO funny girl! How's everyone in "FOOD TOWN"???????? ROFLMBO!:D

Jen, that's AWFUL about your dog, but you know what... I'm at the vet no word of a lie EVERY month with someone here! It costs a small fortune...

RS- that's what we think has happened. He's caught it in the bars and scared himself, and some where in the struggle he's twisted it... SILLYMONKEYS!

Cheetos mom, Buster and TUcker are Holland Lops, Monkeyville is pretty close to Toronto, LMBO! WELCOME!!!!!

AUNTIE TINA! Yesterday was a blurr! I FORCED my husband off the phone to call the vet... THEN the receptionist answers, and i'm all, WENDY NOW!(Wendy is my vet)The drive was INSANE! People were honking at me, flipping me the bird, I was going so fast, with tears in my eyes, I don't know how we made it alive...:shock:

I'm SOOOO happy Dale is coming home, and don't you worry about Buster, he's getting as much love as he'll allow me to give him, and tell Wollo, he's getting EXTRA salad...

Thank you all for caring so much, you know i've never met ANY of you, and yet I feel like we're a family... THANK YOU!

MONKEYS!

Buster is my nephew so of course I'm going to worry. I told Dale about what happened when he called last.Funny thing is as soon as I said one of the Monkeys he knew who I was talking about.:shock::shock::shock:Guess I talk about them A LOT lol.

Carolyn told me all about it when she called last night. She told me the whole story and the way she tells it, you may have a future in racing cars lol.

I am so relieved that you both survived the drive safe and sound. The vet knows the sound of your voice...W:shock:W.

I will try and check on you and him each day. Give Tucker love from me too.

Tina

Latest posts

Back