Bunny toy?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I normally feed her about 1/2 cups of pellets because I don’t want to over feed her should I just feed her 1/4 I always feed it to her once in the morning. She also likes calming music those 1 hour rabbit calming music she always flops and falls asleep to:)

Once she's eating that variety of greens (and if you see that she's eating about her body size in hay everyday), then you can gradually cut back on her pellet amount. I'd cut it back slowly.

Also I was thinking about getting this snuggle bun from Etsy for her. Also when should I groom and trim her nails? And how often? Once a month ?
https://www.etsy.com/listing/779603...he-dream-rabbit?ref=shop_home_active_11&crt=1

That's a cute bunny bed. With any beds like that, it's a matter of try and see. Some rabbits will chew and destroy what others won't. I've had rabbits be fine with a particular bed for months and then suddenly decide to tear it up.

I seldom do specific combing of fur. I often just use my hand to wipe out loose fur during a shed. If it's really bad, I'll use a comb.

Nails grow and get worn at different rates for different rabbits. When they got long, I trim them. To prevent cutting the quick (making the nail bleed) I follow precisely the instructions on this video. They explain how you use the clippers to put pressure on the nail before actually fully clipping. This way the bunny lets you know if it is too short. This also works with rabbits that don't like to be handled. (Use a table just like she does.)

Once she's eating that variety of greens (and if you see that she's eating about her body size in hay everyday), then you can gradually cut back on her pellet amount. I'd cut it back slowly.
Yeah I’m thinking about cutting it out slowly because she eats a lot of hay and I don’t think pellets are really necessary

That's a cute bunny bed. With any beds like that, it's a matter of try and see. Some rabbits will chew and destroy what others won't. I've had rabbits be fine with a particular bed for months and then suddenly decide to tear it up.

I seldom do specific combing of fur. I often just use my hand to wipe out loose fur during a shed. If it's really bad, I'll use a comb.

Nails grow and get worn at different rates for different rabbits. When they got long, I trim them. To prevent cutting the quick (making the nail bleed) I follow precisely the instructions on this video. They explain how you use the clippers to put pressure on the nail before actually fully clipping. This way the bunny lets you know if it is too short. This also works with rabbits that don't like to be handled. (Use a table just like she does.)

Thank you so much, my baby doesn’t chew on anything she doesn’t even touch cords or anything. Sometimes she would chew plastic bags but if I say no she will stop. She hasn’t chewed her blanket or my towel she doesn’t even chew my bed sheets she’s really well behaved

Do you use the hairbuster? Also eBay is giving me a hard time I ordered critical care for her and it said it was delivered and I didn’t get anything at all. I need it in case of emergency

Yes. I have the Hairbuster.

I ordered Critical Care through Amazon in the past. (I've only used it for one rabbit in over 30 years of keeping rabbits.)

Some people have a more extensive emergency kit. This is what I consider to be the bare minimum:
upload_2020-3-4_19-4-28.png

I ordered Critical Care through Amazon in the past. (I've only used it for one rabbit in over 30 years of keeping rabbits.)

Some people have a more extensive emergency kit. This is what I consider to be the bare minimum:
View attachment 45524
I have nail clippers so far, and getting the hair buster soon, critical care I’m getting in the mail. I have a huge carrrier,I need to get gas drops what’s styptic powder?

View attachment 45524
Is this okay?

Attachments

• 0AFB78BA-CA9D-4A49-B7A3-BC17461882E7.png
    0AFB78BA-CA9D-4A49-B7A3-BC17461882E7.png
    158.6 KB · Views: 2

View attachment 45524
They should sell oxbow critical care in pet stores in case so you can just go and get it

The baby gas drops look fine.

Styptic powder is what you put on a nail if the quick is accidentally cut and it starts to bleed. It helps stop the bleeding by acting as a clotting agent. Plain baking flour can also be used (so I've heard).

The baby gas drops look fine.

Styptic powder is what you put on a nail if the quick is accidentally cut and it starts to bleed. It helps stop the bleeding by acting as a clotting agent. Plain baking flour can also be used (so I've heard).
I never knew that thank you for all the info and everything! :)

Oh btw so while I was filling up my baby’s water bottle she end up chewing it.is t okay for me to let her play with the plastic water bottle? That doesn’t have water in it?

Oh btw so while I was filling up my baby’s water bottle she end up chewing it.is t okay for me to let her play with the plastic water bottle? That doesn’t have water in it?

Do you mean let her toss about the empty plastic bottle portion? Sure, so long as she isn't able to bite off pieces and ingest them.

I'd encourage you to get a bowl instead. They are a more natural way to drink. Rabbits tend to drink more from a bowl- which is good! Plus the bowls are easier to clean.

I like the bowls that twist on to a clamp that is attached to the cage. (I use a 20 oz size)
https://www.petsmart.com/bird/bowls...-quick-lock-bird-crock-14053.html?cgid=400201

Latest posts

Back