Bunny sneezes and timothy hay?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ravishing

Reaction score
Hello all =)

Penny sneezes everytime I give her a new handful of timothy hay. She still eats the hay though. What is making her sneeze? Is something wrong with the hay? Her nose is at times moist and at other times dry? Could she be getting sick? She seems happy?

How can I tell the difference between a normal sneeze due to dust and a sneeze due to illness? Or a sneeze that insinuates she may be getting sick?

thanks <3

(1st time bunny owner)

SOmetimes it's the amount of dust in the hay. Various brands and times of the year, different harvests... all contribute to the amount of dust that might bother some buns. Just make sure your bunny isn't sneezing with discharge or mucus. That may be indicative of a medical issue.

I had a pot of those "fox tails" that are in hay - I was giving them as treats cuz he really likes those. One day my daughter opened the pot and Peaches was right there and he must have inhaled as the pot was opened and he had a sneezing fit after that but he was okay as soon as he cleared his nose. - Was scary though

Latest posts

Back