Bunny Ruins Hay!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley B

Reaction score
I did not know where to put this so I guess it's going here! Well my male Rex rabbit constantly pulls hay out of his hay wheel. The wheel (along with the bunny) look pretty much exactly like this(below.) But he pulls the hay out and it makes a mess! The hay wheel also takes up MUCH of his space to run around in the cage!! ): PLease help!! WHAT CAN I DO?!
Thanks,
Ashley:?

rabbit-loves-hay-wheel-1347659306.JPG

Those hay wheels can be great amusement for a bunny, but may not be practical for your situation. Do you have a wider view of your cage?

I'd suggest you skip the wheel and just put the hay in the litter box. (Do you have a litter box?)

Bunnies make messes with hay. Not much you can do about that :p it's one of my dislikes of bunny ownership! Lol

I have a hayrack that attaches to the side of the cage. Saves on space a bit but they still pull hay out. I got it at petsmart I think.....

You can also take old kleenex boxes and have the hay stick out the top. I've seen people,attach them with zip ties to save on space as well.

Does he stay in the cage 24/7? He really does not need to stay in a cage unless necessary. The reason he may be doing that is because he is bored. You should not get a rabbit if you can't give him at least the run of a room.

He is In an x-pen most of the time. But when I put him in the cage this happens. I care for my bunny and I would never just keep him in a cage.

sugarbunnies wrote:
Does he stay in the cage 24/7? He really does not need to stay in a cage unless necessary. The reason he may be doing that is because he is bored. You should not get a rabbit if you can't give him at least the run of a room.

Just wondering, where did that even come from. Seemed pretty out of the blue as the post included nothing of the rabbits home habbits.

Ashley B wrote:
I did not know where to put this so I guess it's going here! Well my male Rex rabbit constantly pulls hay out of his hay wheel. The wheel (along with the bunny) look pretty much exactly like this(below.) But he pulls the hay out and it makes a mess! The hay wheel also takes up MUCH of his space to run around in the cage!! ): PLease help!! WHAT CAN I DO?!
Thanks,
Ashley:?

I agree with the fact that bunnies will always make a mess. As for making it look pretty I wasn't able to make my buns cage pretty until I made it decently big with different levels. I let them make a mess of the bottom floor as thats "their" den. But the top two levels they'll keep clean on account that they just rest there, not destroy stuff

Latest posts

Back