bunny proofing ideas?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PwnzorsNTittylwinks

Reaction score
moving into a new apartment a little under a month from now and wanting to bunny proof from the begining instead of trying to figure it all out after we move in. I want to be able to let him run around whereever like he does here. so im not looking for any ideas about how to restrict his areas, but more just ideas on how to keep his areas safe FOR him and FROM him.

his bad habits include: carpet eating, and corner/wire chewing

I am planning to get chord covers and try to keep as little exposed chord areas as possible. but im looking for ideas on how to protect the walls and carpet mostly. he seems to only chew the carpet near the walls, and near the bedroom door since he is not in there a lot, so when he wants to get into the room he scratches the door and digs the carpet in that area.

hoping to maybe make them "fit" with the room? so maybe something that looks a little decorative or blends in and less obvious ?

any ideas are welcome! thanks! excited for the move :) !:sweep:brownbunny

Some ideas, no idea how useful...
Walls - some kind of dado treatment?
Carpet in front of doors - mats like those ones for office chairs to roll around on, with the spikes on the underside to grip onto the carpet?

Clear perspex stuck on with clear sticky pads blends quite well. I have it on the bottom of the kitchen cupboards! Big tiles in coordinating colours are good for floor protection :)

Back