Bunny Personalities

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To the best of my knowledge...there is not suchthing as a mini dwarf. A dwarf dutch is just that, anetherland dwarf with dutch markings. A dwarf rex would be aMini Rex (they carry the dwarf gene).

We love to see pics.....also, how much does each of your bunnies weigh?

Sharon

Oh boy!

Iszy is very independent. She does not like to be touched,pet, held, cuddled or bothered. She does not like humans andshe does not get along well with other bunnies. Hersocializing skills are lacking. :p She likes tobite, especially her sister Pristine. She does like to be peton her own time. Iszy is a monster and I would not want herany other way. She is MY monster. :) Themore she acts like she hates us, the more we love her. She'sa fighter and a very feisty little girl. Iszy gets very madwhen it's Pristine's turn to have run of the house.

Pristine is VERY outgoing. She follows us around the house,jumping up and down the furniture. She likes to race aroundfull speed and crash into walls. Whatever we're doing, shehas her nose in. Pristine is a very curious littlebunny. She is fearless and very affectionate when she wantsto be. Pristine is completely crazy and soentertaining. We love her so much.

Ruby:

She's my more reliable bunny who likes think of herself as the boss butactually is nervous of alot of things at first and relies on her sisterto check them out. She loves digging and shredding newspaper! Althoughat first Millie may seem like the more active bunny Ruby doeshaveher mad5 minutes everyday wheresheraces around doing binkies. Although most of the rest ofthe day she's alseep in herCuddel-E-cup
SleepyRuby2.jpg

She's very cheeky and playful and i think this picture shows this well.

CheekyRuby.jpg

Millie

The more adventurous bunny, she loves heights! She climbs chairs if iput one in her run. She is always first to check something out. She'snot as reliable as Ruby and i do worry about her sometimes, maybe it'sbecause she was the runt of her litter, or maybe because she's alwaysthe one who has to go to the vets! (eg swollen eye). She definitelydoesn't act like a small fragile bunny tho, she's take on foxes if ilet her!

Millieinbox.jpg

Millieonchair.jpg

Rue is my "first-born". (netherland dwarf/mini rex?)

i got her from a pet shop when she was 6 months old. there was a veryloud bird in the room with her, so i had to rescue her. i was notallowed pets in my flat, but i defied the rules cause i loved her. sheis very possesive of me, very well behaved, and although she hatesbeing picked up ( a magician had surrendered her). she loves her nosegetting rubbed and goes nuts for craisins. She is my whole heart, and inever loved anyone more than her.

Kweli is the baby (mini rex)

she's a spazz. binkie master. doesn't like treats. she chases feet,does figure 8's, just started biting everything she can, and stillthinks she can escape her cage by chewing on the bars. she likes therearrange her cagedaily, poo on my bed, and never sits stillfor very long. she isn't very affectionate, but is starting to love melike i'm her momma. and i love her too!

Nicole

i have every personality from very shy to pet menow please.i try to sell the ones im not keeping before they are threemonths old or i get too attached then i keep them forever.bluebird

Friendly, funny, cute, intelligent, smart. Those words describe Prince Snowy Joey. :)

snowyjoeyblend.gif

~ Anneliese & Snowy Joey

Wow, all these multi-bunny households...I almost feel inadequate with my

one-bun house! :p

Elf is a sweet, laid back, palomino rabbit. She spends her time lazyingaround the house. She now has the run of the living room, dining roomand my son's room. She prefers to chill out in her palace, though, evenwhen the cage is open.

She likes to tease our boxer, Kirby, who stays in his crate when she is hopping about in the living room/dining room area.

She loves to get pets and will bump your legs while you're sitting tolet you know she's ready for attention. It's really a good idea tostart petting then and not wait until she nips your skin to let youknow she's serious...start petting NOW!

Unlike many rabbits, Elf is just fine with being held, and will oftenleap into my arms. She spends time being tranced while I work at mydesk, typing with one hand so she can be cradled in the other.

Elf enjoys trips to the park and other outdoor events. We take her tosidewalk cafes and festivals, where she is carried around, front pawson my shoulder so she can look at all the strange people and thingsaround her.

Although I've begged and pleaded for a playmate for Elf, I'm thinkingbeing a one-bun house isn't a bad way to go. She ALWAYS gets theattention, and I'd never want this sweet personality to change!

:)

e0l7k6.jpg

Mocha personality #1: sweet, innocent, shy, and tiny. Sheloves to run and play and cuddle with her boyfriend, Loki.She does not like to be picked up but she does like to give kisses,especially when I'm laying down or cleaning her cage.

Mocha personality #2: THE BEAST!:shock: Most often seen whennew bunnies are on the premises. Friendliness dial is set to"Kill." Indications are a refusal to do anything other thantry to kill said new bunnies through the barrier/cage and distinctpiles of poop next to the barrier. She has been known to swather friends, both human and bunny, in her frustration.

e0l85v.jpg

Loki: the relaxed binky boy. He's okay with pretty muchanything. He initially doesn't like any new bunnies but asthe novelty wears off he begins to ignore them. Why not shredboxes, run bunny 500s, and binky instead? He will sit to bepetted for a very long time as long as you don't bring out the dreadedZoom Groom brush, which he must destroy for the sake of allbunnykind. Loki rather likes Mocha now, and has beenattempting to distract her and calm her down during her battles withthe infamous Bunnies in the Bathroom.

e0l8o2.jpg

The Infamous Bunnies in the Bathroom! Fey to the left, a grumpy Sprite to the right.
A new cage is in the making, which will allow these two sisters, alsoknown as "The Ladies," to live in the bunny room, too. Thesetwo are fairly recent rescues, and their personalities will probablychange a bit with time, love, and spays.

e0l8vc.jpg

Fey: More calm than her sister, she is also the less dominantof the two. But she's also the most territorial and has beenknown to protect her waterbowl by growling like Marge Simpson and toattack Mocha through the barrier. As of yesterday, Fey isactually letting me pet her. Hooray! She's come along way from being terrified of my touch. Fey likes to sleepin litterboxes, especially the small corner one that she can barely fitin- her dewlap always hangs over.:p

e0lamb.jpg

Sprite: A little more shy than her sister as far as people go, but moreconfidant in herself. She is the dominant girl here and makessure Fey knows it. She generally ignores Mocha and Loki onthe other side of the gate. She can be grumpy, and if Feywants to play or groom her, she often glares at her andthumps. Sprite sometimes nips while grooming me or threatensto nip an approaching hand, but it's mostly for show. She wasinitially very cage territorial, especially at her last home, but thatdisappeared amazingly fast. I'm guessing rough handling wasthe cause as she now gives me know troubles except for being in theway. She likes to see what I'm doing in her cage.:D

Hi
Thanks for responding to my question. I asked here because I saw wheresomeone was talking about having a dwarf dutch. I thought maybe theywould let me know where they got it.
I was told that a dwarf rabbit is 2 to 2 1/2 pounds when full grown.
I was told that a mini rabbit is 2 1/2 to 4 pounds when full grown.
I have one dwarf netherland. he is 4 months old now and is under 2pounds. He still has a little growing time before becoming mature.
My dutch are all under 4 pounds.
I was told by the breeder I bought my mini dutch from that they aremini but there are dwarf dutch that are 2 to 2 1/2 pounds. I haven'tseen one yet but would like some.
I will look on the internet more.
Thanks,mary

Ok Buddy age 1 1/2 yrs old mini lop buck (We thought was a doe at one time till my first litter of kits came along)

loves veggies oh boy does he ever especially parsley and carrots, hatesapples, bananas (dried) basically any fruit with the exception ofcraisins of course

He is such a lover not a fighter, loves sneeking out of his cage whenhe gets the chance to see what I am up to, and then bolts back in on awhim. He is head over heals in love with Turbo his childhood sweetheart.

Turbo age 1 1/2 yrs old mini lop doe

She to loves her veggies and fruit to. She loves craisinsmore than buddy I think. She is a momma to 2 successful litters and 2that were not. She is a good mommy though. She justhad her 5th litter (3 beauties) She isnt in love with buddy they waythat he is with her but it is so cute she will sit and stare at buddywho lives right next door.

King Arthur 10 months old I believe Dutch buck

He loves anything you through at him (well feed him) he isnt to fond ofcraisins but flips for apples. He is a bachelor and he likesit that way, he fights wth buddy (male dominance I think) through theircages, it is just to funny. He loves giving kisses and binkysall the day through.

Baby aka Fuzzybutt 2 months mini lop blue buck (thought he was a doe)

Baby is our latest kit from Turbos litter. He lived all byhis lonesome with his mommy so he is fat fat fat - had the cow all tohimself. He just loves his fruits and veggies but no to keenwith craisins. He just moved into his own pad a few days agoand I am glad he did since his mommy had 3 kits last night.He to like his dad is a lover not a fighter.

Well here is my zoo crew and will update on the wriggles as they grow.

box2.jpg

Loki
~8 months
Possible Mini Lop/Dutch mix.

That's queen Loki to you. She's still fairly skittish but loves to haveher head scratched and will chatter her teeth readily. Her favoritepasstime is getting Tyr to groom her and is usually fairly lazy.

toy.jpg

Tyr
~8 months
Dutch

Tyr's the type who likes to be petted but hasn't the inclination to sitstill long enough for a good scratch. He sleeps through anything. He'llbinky over the slightest things and his favourite toy is a cardboardbox. If you have food, he'll love you.

First of all, Jordi, my hyper holland lop:

IMG_0405.jpg

She's a little hyper princess. She's a picky eater and will only trynew things once Wesley has tried them. Her favorite thing is to begroomed by Wesley or run around in the "bunny maze" in our spare room(a collection of scattered boxes). She is very fast and respondsimmediately to her name being called.

Wesley, my laid back mini lop:

IMG_1095.jpg

He is slower to move and more tolerant of humans fawning over him. Heis very loving towards Jordi and loves his veggies. He hates beinginterupted from his many naps. He loves a nice soft towel to nap on. Wecan't teach him to come when called yet though!

Hi

Last night I found someone on the internet that raises dwarf dutch.They said they are from 2 to 2 1/2 pounds. They have several differentcolors. I am waiting to hear more from them. I also found another inOhio that raises them. I haven't heard back from them yet. They hadlisted that they raise full size 4 to 6 pounds, mini from 3 to 4 pounds(this is what I have right now), and they also raise dwarf dutchweighting from 2 to 2 1/2 pounds. I didn't know they were availableuntil my breeder that I get my bunnies from told me about them.

I'm going to try to upload some pictures of some of my bunnies.

the first one is a broken mini rex. His name is Daddy. He weights about3 1/2 pounds. He is 6 1/2 months old. I think he is beautiful. But youknow how that is when you are talking about one of your children....

If this works I will send more.

mary

I'm going to try to put more than one at a time.

I don't know if it will work or not.

the first one is a netherland dwarf, he is 4 months old. I haven't named him yet. He weights about 2 pounds.

I'll try to do another one but if it doesn't work---sorry.........................

the second one is a yellow mini dutch about 4 1/2 months old now. he isstill small at about 3 pounds but will probably get to be about 4.

if the second one overroad the first I'll do them one at a time

mary

Latest posts

Back