Bunny not drinking water

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

svmax

Reaction score
I got coco from a pet store when she was 2 months old, now she us around 6 months old.

From the beginning she hardly use to drink water, but she is not drinking water at all.

I give her Juicy veges/pellets/grass, she eats everything but doesnt drink water.

if I dip veges in water, she doesnt even eats, but when I remove water she eats it,

she is normally in doing urine/potty.

What could be the issue

If she had always not been drinking very much, it is probably normal for her. If she is eating grass and lush veggies, that can often provide enough moisture that they don’t need to also drink water. If her pee is normal, and she doesnt appear dehydrated, I wouldn’t worry too much.

could it be that she doesnt like her water bottle/bowl? I know it sounds silly bit when i changed Charlies water bowl to a new one he didnt want to drink out of it at first, he is a very cautious rabbit but this was something new... If you have a water bottle make sure it is clean, if you have a diva rabbit like me they may not want to drink out of dirty bottles/bowls... If she stops drinking and going to the bathroom make sure to take her to the vet

I agree if she used to drink and has only recently stopped then something is wrong

she eats juicy vegetables like coriander
spinach
Intact coriander is her favorite, can that be the reason that she gets water from veges

Latest posts

Back