bunny flicked pee at me!!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnyusagi_12

Reaction score
so my bunny just flicked pee IN MY FACE. it was absolutely disgusting. i am litter training both of my bunnies, and noticed usagi peed and pooped in the corner. no big deal as i was cleaning, but then usagi peed *again* and flicked it at me by kicking both her hind feet at me. i dont understand! does anyone have an explanation? i did move their hay to the side as i was cleaning so im unsure if she got angry for moving her hay.

Spraying urine is usually done my males, but females have been known to do this too. It is usually done by intact rabbits and may continue if they are not fixed. Some say it is how they claim ownership of you!

She just marked you as her property, you should take it as a complement :)

We were extremely happy to have the litter of babies born to abandoned mothers (over 15 years ago) spayed and neutered. The males spraying and marking urine was horrendous. Spaying and neutering eliminates nearly ALL the pee-spraying that occurs.

Hubby was graced and complimented many times by the hormone-onset males. Then we took in 2 unneutered Flemish Giant brothers at age 7 months. Hoo-wee!, the marking and spraying by the boys was another adventure. Male urine has a strong odor. All the spraying and inappropriate pee-marking at us stopped after neuter. Not silly at all when you see the carpet, floors, and walls (and your face or clothing) get soaked in urine jets from un/speutered rabbits.

Avoidance of obnoxious behavior mentioned in Georgia HRS article below. BlueEyes, we've seen our crew expel urine when doing a binky as they were excited to be out and running. Prior to sp/neuter. Volunteering at the shelter as a rabbit socializer, and prior to surrendered buns getting sp/eutered, lots of marking or urine streams occurred.

https://www.houserabbitga.com/spay-neuter-rabbit

Why is the dog across the street with his/her humans attached to the leash constantly peeing on every lamp post or tree? He has marked at least 7 along with way!

The sad result of marking territory also resulted in us doing a PTS for our n/male cat who constantly marked curtains, furniture, bedding, everything in the house, when the neighbor's allowed their cat to roam about our property. Our n/male cat didn't do this prior to the neighbor's moving in. DVM said a small percentage of neutered cats may still mark territority.

At the shelter people surrendered their rabbit when hormones engaged, and inappropriate marking/spraying began.

It is alarming how people do not research behavior of a pet / animal before obtaining their companion. Hence it's excellent to have forums, online sources, your trusted rabbit-savvy DVM to ask when behaviors are puzzling.

um about that last bit, fyi, ive been doing research about bunnies for about 2 months BEFORE getting bunnies, plus the things i already knew 6 years ago. just because i didnt know about ONE thing and decided to ask people on here, who know bunnies better than i do doesnt mean i " did not do my research before getting the pet." so if my question "alarms" you, i wasnt asking you anyway. if you wanted to let me know to do my research, just send the link to rabbit behavior and leave.

um about that last bit, fyi, ive been doing research about bunnies for about 2 months BEFORE getting bunnies, plus the things i already knew 6 years ago. just because i didnt know about ONE thing and decided to ask people on here, who know bunnies better than i do doesnt mean i " did not do my research before getting the pet." so if my question "alarms" you, i wasnt asking you anyway. if you wanted to let me know to do my research, just send the link to rabbit behavior and leave.
You're always welcome to ask even with all research there's still lots of questions at the beginning especially

Latest posts

Back