Bunny Fight

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lhucky

Reaction score
Last night, my husband went to check the other bunnies outside (as we are renovating our room now), Lhexie was having his play time at the hallway and sneaks in with my husband into the garden ( Which he didn't notice until he see Lhexie coming up to him ). While my husband was checking the others, Lhexie went to see Speedy and when he put his nose inside Speedy's cage that's when it all happened.

So, my husband's coming back in, he tried to get Lhexie back in also, pick him up, and saw that his chin/lower lip bleeding already. They came in the room, told me what happened :shock2:! and we are on our way to the hospital.

Lhexie got a few stitches below his lower lip:sickbunny:...

Will this leave an ugly scar on him?

DSC05554.jpg

DSC05561.jpg

DSC05562.jpg

Last night, my husband went to check the other bunnies outside (as we are renovating our room now), Lhexie was having his play time at the hallway and sneaks in with my husband into the garden ( Which he didn't notice until he see Lhexie coming up to him ). While my husband was checking the others, Lhexie went to see Speedy and when he put his nose inside Speedy's cage that's when it all happened.

So, my husband's coming back in, he tried to get Lhexie back in also, pick him up, and saw that his chin/lower lip bleeding already. They came in the room, told me what happened :shock2:! and we are on our way to the hospital.

Lhexie got a few stitches below his lower lip:sickbunny:...

Will this leave an ugly scar on him?
---bunny fights are very ugly,-and can kill,--this is not a scolding just fact..--I once thought females could get along fine,-because the first liter did,,(amazingly),-but not the second,-(territorial)-,--males on the other hand are ok till about 5 months of age --when they are maturing and will kill each other-literally ripping and slashing--it all cost lots of money..--some of the females still live together-like a commune,--with no problems,-this my 2 cents worth,--separate immediately using fencing no closer than 2 inchs from each enclosure..i don,t like cages-no freedom,--.sincerely james waller :twocents:brown-bunny:cry2:headsmack:rabbithop:bunny22:

Poor bun :( Sometimes these things happen with rabbits. Luckily it wasn't any worse. It's hard to know if there will be any scarring. Just keep an eye on it and watch for any signs of infection. Hopefully it will heal up and you won't even notice anything.

bunny injuries tend to heal quickly. He should be just fine.

Keeping males separated is generally a good idea but is NOT a hard and fast rule. I've known more than one male rabbit who has gotten along with another male rabbit without there being any issues for a LONG period of time... with them being unneutered and everything. BUT generally separating males is a good thing.

Your bun won't be the first or the last to go poking his nose into places it doesn't belong and ends up getting hurt. Some learn, some don't. Now that you know that exception with be taken to nose poking I'd recommend you make the enclosures in such a way that nose poking can't occur.

would it be okay if i let them wear a necklace that has a bell in it? not for bling purposes, but more like we can hear them wherever they go purposes... avoiding the sneaking and also sometimes unintentional kicking them when they came out from no where.

I've put a bell on their harnesses, but their not wearing it every day. I also don't want them wearing harness all day, as they might chew it. also I'm having hard time thinking of what material to use as their necklace, something that they cannot chew yet safe for their skin, as we have two long haired bunny with us. and something that won't get stuck in their hair wearing it all the time...

Lastly, will the bell harm their hearings?

Latest posts

Back