Bunnies and kitten question.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheyrul

Reaction score
Squish, the big bunny has really seemed to come into herself and decided we are her people. Her cage is usually open or unlatched when we are home and she seems quite comfy around the dog and herds the cats.

Squish is about 10.5-11 pounds, the dog is 35, the cats range from about 12 to 22 pounds. One cat, Pudge, seems to really like Squish, sleeps in, on and around her cage. Sometimes for no apparent reason she will chase him and nip him, they never groom each other but Pudge is a pig and barely grooms himself. I've never seen Squish groom any other bunny or person, let alone cat.

The other 3 bunnies prefer their cage but are out regularly, they chase Squish and she runs from them. They are dwarf mixes about 4 pounds.

Saturday evening we ended up sort of rescuing a kitten, she is about 5-6 weeks, was not weaned and covered in fleas. Got all the fleas off and because she is so sweet and so little my kids barely put her down, and never left her alone til they went back to school on Tuesday.

When I am home, Squish generally demands (she chews on the cage making tons of noise) the door be open, however she usually stays in or next to her cage with the door open. The kitten started playing on the floor with Pudge's poofy tail. Squish chases the kitten all over, Pudge tries to fight Squish off the kitten, the dog has no idea what to do because he is kind of not smart so he barks at both of them. I separate all the animals, calm the kitten down (she was so freaked) spend extra time with Squish and don't let her out while the kitten is in the same room.

Tonight, I thought the kitten was with my youngest, asleep. I let Squish out, sit down to eat a late dinner ... hear a ruckus, the cat hissing, growling and "attacking" the rabbit, the stupid dog barking at both of them, the rabbit is ignoring the big cat who is attacking her because she is too busy trying to kill the kitten.

Will this get better? Squish could totally take both the dog and the cat lol.

Maybe you should separate them into 2 groups for awhile. Mix up the groups every few days so they'll stay/get used to each other.

they are separate. The rabbits are doing better when out together, but all were fine with being out with the dog and cats. Squish is fine with everyone but the kitten, she is the only one that we know of that attacks it.

Because Squish is also the most social and was the least destructive, she was out the most now she is chewing up my shoes, pillows and attacking, I mean fiercely attacking, the kitten.

Latest posts

Back