BunHut Estravaganza

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JadeIcing wrote:
pOker wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:
Only you know what is best for your home.

Is he fixed?
He is too young to be fixed..He is only 10 weeks or so..

I just think that he is a bit too agressive--

Mandy is going to get him fixed when he is the right age--I just hope he finds a home with no other rabbits.

10wks and other unneutered males can do that to some bunnies. What was his other set-up? Again only you know what was best for your home with a young child coming in and out bunny who bites is not a good thing.

Doesn't have to be a home with no rabbits. Just one that can set it up so there is no contact. Wyatt as is my foster(no name so far)not allowed any contact with the other bunnies at all. There are atleast two gates and a solid barrier.

Yeahh- I understand... Luckily Evan doesnt stick his finger in the cages--and he is always very supervised.But I just never know.....

I did tell Mandy that he needs to be without other rabbits--so whether thatmeans that heis the only rabbit or if he just has no contact with other rabbits...

Yepp..Definitely a hard task :(

But I will be doing what Denise did-where she switched JayJay for Rose..
I will be giving in Gratie and getting Danny--he is neutered and very mellow..

March 2nd, 2010

I cannot believe it is already March!!!!

So-I have some news...;
Gratie is going back to Mandy which I mentioned already...But I will be trading him for a calm neutered bun named Danny(the name won't stick). I am going to miss Gratie..I really am. But thanks ya'll for understanding..

Now, in other news; I slept in for an extra hour this morning--> Making me late for my first class--actually I missed it completely..But I will make it up.
So right now I am sitting in the librarians office--because I am her favorite :) I eat lunch in here, help her do some work, we talk about life, she is pretty much the person I talk to the most :)

Peter is home-AGAIN! He isn't feeling too well, and I wish I could be home to check on him...
I went to the gym last night--I cannot wait to lose this weight-Atleadt 20 Pounds by July!!! That pretty much means 1-2 pounds a week and I can do it--maybe even MORE! I hate working out because I get tired out--but after a reallllllyyyyyy long pep talk from a trainer there, I am sooo PUMPED up about going there again tonight! It was funny because she was telling me all the really bad ingredients in things-and she says "I can promise you that you'll be reading labels on food and you wont even realize." Sure enough-When I got home in time for dinner-I was reading all the labels..
Today when I get home I am going to go through the pantry, find all the food with really bad ingredients, color over all the good ingredients-and just show the bad ones, that way I know next time-'Okay this isn't good to buy again'.... I am really going to try to reach my goal.... No matter what it takes.. I think once I start getting into a regular gym routine I will start taking their Boxing Class.. I love that kind of stuff and it will really help me with strength and self protection. You never know when you might need it..

I have a MAJOR texture problem and cannot eat certain foods because of the way they feel in my mouth--like carrots(unless really really soft when cooked).beans.asparagus.and a few things like that..I'm a bit of a nut :)

My foster bunnies-Dublin and Chessy, are just too cute; This is my first time working with a bonded pair. I have been taking Chessy out to syringe her food and water because she isnt eating that well after her spay, and Dublin goes INSANE! He hops around the cage like a lost little bunny.. And when he does see that she is right outside the door with me-he tries to chew through the bars... She misses him alot too-because I put her down on the floor for just a minute and she jumped right over the cage to be back inside with Dublin(but the top door was open so it was only 1 panel high).. The minute I put her back after giving her food-Dublin started grooming her, snuggling with her, and he made it obvious to me that he doesnt like when I take her away from him...
Its very hard to syringe her food and water, so it looks like she is going to need Sub-Qs.... I didnt remember what it was, but when I looked it up, I remember just how to do it...Its not too tough, hopefully her appetite will come back ASAP! Her poor husbun is worried (;

Anyways--I am going to take a break--Maybe take a nap on the librarians couch..lol..

Bye Ya'll!!

March 3rd, 2010

I am angry.. I am pounding on the keys because that seems to make me feel better.

Bunnies are doing great.. I need to let Poker and Vegas out at the same time today, but of course I will keep them seperated....

I am very confused and frustrated...and I am deff coming down with something-I am not feeling well..
This is ridiculous! I hate being sick, I hate being mad....I hate it I hate it I hate it!

Don't you hate when the person you love seems to be hiding something?
Don't you hate it?

I trust Peter with everything, but the relationship is slowly failing. He is so stubborn, stuck up, and rude to me...But then again he is sweet, loving and caring also..
So So So So So So So So So So So So HARD!

I need to get some pictures on here..

:hug1

wish there was something i could say to help, but i do offer many many online hugs.

i am always here to talk, if you ever need to.

or you can just pack up the baby, and the bunnies, and come live here with me in michigan :biggrin2:

lol..thanks alot :)
You always know what to say ;)

I will certainly keep that whole Michigan thing in my mind, that way I know which direction to RUN!

i forgot to add:

boys suck.

end of story

lol

now about those photos. . . when do we get vegas pics? i need a fix!

and i always have room for you and the buns here in michigan!

March 4th, 2010

I am keeping Gratie.
I know that I got everyone all confused.... But since the day that he bit me really hard, I have been trying to see where all his agression is stemming from, and it seems to me that he is NOT cage agressive, he is LITTER BOX agressive...He must feel like the litter box is his safe spot...I dont think there is much I can do to change it, but I can work around it.... I realized this last night when I reached into the cage while he was playing with his toy--he looked quite scared and began to lay flat and allow me to take him out... I think that instead of 3 hours of excercise, he needs around 4 or 5, so I believe that he may have to be left out during the day...

I e-mailed Mandy and let her know that I wont be making the switch and that I feel very bad about the whole mix up..

I shouldve though about it before saying anything..Sorry for that..

March 5th, 2010

As much as I would love to get pictures up, it looks like that's going to have to be Sunday's job because tonight I am going to be taking a break... A break from sitting inside that is..
I want to switch my rabbits over to Blue Seal Food instead of Oxbow--Just because I know the bags are bigger and less expensive, and I have heard nothing but good things about it...

The fosters get it and the boy, Dublin seems to enjoy it, the female, Chessy, just loves her carrots, but is beginning to finally nibble on some pellets..She is stll being syringed food and water...

The Oxbow pellets are very expensive and it is a good time to switch them all..

Once I get them, I am just going to dump them into a big ol' rubbermaid bin and seal it up...Right now I have this garbage can of hay, a smaller container of hay, and another smaller container of food..Then in my drawers I have more small containers of snacks, and anything like that...I am PACKED FULL OF CONTAINERS!! Uff..

The thing is, Agway doesnt carry the big bags, only the small kind..So I am just going to have to go to the Blue Seals Feeds & Needs store, which is a bit far, but I guess it is worth it..
If anyone uses the Blue Seal feed--Can you tell me what kind you use and how much a 50 pound bag costs for ya'll (if you get the large bags)?? I was thinking about getting the Show Hutch Deluxe or whatever its called because it keeps away hairballs and all that, but I want to hear everyones opinions!!!!

Tomorrow I am going to get my tattoo.. I was supposed to get it last week but the guy got stuck in the city.. I am getting 4 or 5 tiny black stars on my wrist to go around the 3 larger, yellow, red, and blue stars that are already there(because they look to bland and bold)..and then I am getting; ii.xxi.mmix. Which is February 21st, 2009--which is a very important day for me..

Peter is getting a large cross on his back with the same date going through a ribbon across the cross...Its not the date we started going out--its much more important than that..

I hate zip ties... I tried cutting them as short as possible after connecting the NIC panels together, but they still scratch me everytime I bump into them..Now I have a cut on the back of my arm from it, and it stings..I am a mess!

It took literally 2 hours to clean just the fosters cage.. The boy still sprays everywhere and I had to scrub the carpet, the WALL, the litter box, the toys, EVERYTHING! But Now they are lucky to have 3 litter boxes to help control his marking territory problem..Its helping so far...

Keeping Gratie has been a great decision.. I am spending an extra hour with him everyday, and he gets 1 hour extra outside time, giving him a total of 4 hours outside of the cage--The extra time is really changing his attitude and he is much more quiet, less bored, and more friendly...But, he did bite one of the rabbits' face, and it was bleeding, so I rinsed it out and it looks fine today...He is going to be getting neutered sometime next month because he will be old enough--I am going to get him neutered through the vet that Mandy uses because it will only cost $60, and although she is an hour away, I will bring him early in the morning, then spend the rest of the day at Ikea, and pick him up in the afternoon.. Now thats a day that works great for me :)

He is getting used to the fact that I like to snuggle with my bunnies, and he has been burying his face in my arm and letting me snuggle with him--I am glad things are working out..

Vegas was supposed to go to the vet yesterday, but I have been sick and I just couldnt make the trip..His poo seems normal and my BunHut doesnt STINK! YAYYY!

Anyways--I PROMISE I will get pictures up..I have to give my foster a bit of a bath because he smells---and it seems he is either JUST recovering or just GETTING sore hocks...I am keeping an eye on it and I will make sure he gets checked if he is just getting them..It's probably just because he is constantly on carpet now..I will have to lay down some linoleum tiles for him..

Anywayssssss--Any special photo requests please let me know now :) I want to fulfill everyones needs..lol..

Thanks for reading, have a greattttt day/evening/night!

firstly, i agree boys suck...its always nice fniding out he was cheating on you and that you were actually the "other girl" in the end. -.- (sorry short rant)

secondly, glad your going to keep working wit Gratie :) good luck with him

and one pic MINIMUM of each bun-including fosters-is requested, miss!!

lol..i am going to get pictures up here tomorrow! maybe even tonight--I cannot pick up the rabbits right now because of my new tattoo(its a bit sore)

...Thanks for wishing me luck...He is really striving and doing well with more out of cage time.

March 7th, 2010

Gratie is an evil rabbit! He attacked the poor little Sun-Maid Lady on the Raisin Box :) lol..

I do have a few pictures..and I am going to post them up in a second..

DSC01388.jpg

DSC01389.jpg

DSC01390.jpg

DSC01392.jpg

Those are my Gratie Pictures of the day! Hmm, It would be great for a Caption Contest :D

DSC01375.jpg

I will have more of the other buns later as promised.

Gratie looks like he has gotten bigger. I am glad he is doing better. Hopefully he will stop trying to bite your other bunnies once he is neutered.

aw, there is my little boy (and grace's little boy also).

he is getting so big!

and i am sure that raisin box got what it deserved! lol

lol!!
Mandy: I weighed him today-2.11 pounds..so he is really getting big..He eats like a crazy animal..

Katie: That box will never be the same.
Grace: :)

Dave: Luckily he has a big head and he couldnt wiggle his nose in far enough to get too many raisins(way too much sugar), but he really was attacking the box.. He was chasing it as I slid it on the floor..

Crazy rabbit.

WOW I have missed a lot Huni I thought all this time u havent been updating...lol WRONG i havent been getting the updates.

What turbulent times u have been going thru. I am glad to hear tho that things r settling down for u.

Latest posts

Back