BunHut Estravaganza

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pOker

Reaction score
December 30, 2o09:I'd liketo apologize in advance to everyone-this is the 3rd blog and i promise it is the LAST!
Well, I finally picked a name for the blog..im not thrilled, but its okay. I thought it would be a good idea to make a brand new blog that would work out for all the bunnies, Poker, Vegas and my next bun that has yet to be named. I am absolutely ecstatic that i will be getting my little rabbit in February. I think that this next bun will do the trick-im never going to leave my house :D
today was absolutely great-i spent the whole day with the bunnies-they didnt get to come out of their cages though..i was redoing the whole porch. all thats left to do is bring the hutch to the house, get the Christmas junk put away, move the couch, move the shoes, throw away the cabinet, and uhmm yeah-that'll take me the whole month. I made a nice area that will allow me to take the buns out and they can stay
in that one area-i have not put up the fencing yet, but ill do that once the hutch is in. I cannot wait for my little one to get here. I really just wish I knew the sex of it now though-I want to name it now, but i know that if I use the name too much before he/she gets here, ill be tired of the name. I really like all the suggestions i recieved from some of the RO members. BlackJack and my own-Trigger, really are my main 2 names so far for the boys. and for the girls-im stuck on some kind of flower name, like Lily, or Daisy or something. 2 members are kind of stuck on GRATIE as a name(lol, thanks katt and irishbunny/katie and grace) and to be honest, i kind of like the name. Gratie-thats a tough name to get into, but i think that if i warm up to it-i may just choose it. :biggrin2:

I was just thinking about how badly I wish that once the boys are neutered-they will bond. I cannot wait for that day to come. But if they dont bond after awhile-i will take them to a shelter and they can pick out a bun friend-each bun can get their own friend and i will work with them. I really hope that the bunny i am getting is a female. I am not sure why I want a female so bad-i guess it is just because I have 2 bucks already-and I want to know more about the does. I am counting down the days until everything is ready and I can take my baby bun... I want to give him/her the best life possible-and I think that he/she will be able to live a happy and healthy life right here in my home.

Anyways-i've got some pictures of the bunnies that i'd like to add.along with pictures of the new space for the bunnies.its not the final area-ill be rearranging soon.

P.S.: Vegas and I are now completely bonded! He would rush to the cage when i came over before-but run away when i wanted to pick him up..NOW HE WON'T LEAVE MY HANDS ALONE WHEN I REACH IN!!. Poker and i bonded instantly.

013.jpg

Vegas' Cage^^
014-1.jpg

Pokers Cage^^
015.jpg

Some extra bun space :) ^^
011.jpg

Grooming and feeding station(its crowded now until i move the stuff next to it tomorrow)
012.jpg

Current cage setup^^
009.jpg

MESSY BUN FACE(VEGAS)^^
PokerandVegas004.jpg

BUNNOSE(POKER)^^

sorry the pictures are so big :D

hahaha thanks gals :D

yeah i cannot wait for little no name to show up :D lol.

Poker is a little cutie-Vegas is a messy fellow.

nicolevins wrote:
The 1st pic - the cage is sooo clean but not for long :) lol
i KNOW! i vacuum it everyday to get out any extra poops..and i do a thorough cleaning 2 or 3 times a week..

and YES-LOTS OF BINKY SPACE!!!!! i cant wait to see them binky around..its their own space now so i wont have to pick them up and say "dont go there.." or "dont touch that.."
its all safe for them..

i thought i would add another picture of the bunnies and their space BEFORE i redid it today

006.jpg

this was their space before today..they got to run around the whole room when i took them out-but i always had to pick them up or make them come out from behind something...that was their little space-the cages havent moved-everything else has.

Newbies018.jpg

Hi MOMMaZ!! my little Vegassss.

Newbies013.jpg

Oh my GOSH! Someones at my cage-i gotsa see who!!

more pictures are deff on the way :)

December 31, 2009
Sitting here-incredibly sad that i cannot spend the night with the bunnies..we have to be here, at this 'party'...sad sad sad..

well i am really happy to finally have the hutch. i cannot wait until Gratie/Chessygets here and settles into his/her new home.. this will be my first larger bun in such a long time..i want to know more about his/her personality..i hope i get a little snuggle bun that craves attention..but a grumpy bun wont bother me either :)

i was thinking so much in all 3 bunnies today-i want them to live the happiest lives.they deserve it! i wish they could have their own bunmates so they didnt seem so bored-but we will get them eventually. i think that in february i will get the bunnies neutered..im going to keep all the cash on hold until then..i want them to be neutered the same time because i want to be able to give them equal care-like i dont want to be pay more attention to one bun because i have to pay attention to making sure they are healing correctly and all that.you know what i mean ...

anyways i dont have much to say--sorry for posting this in 2010 -i wrote it in 2009 though..

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE..

with love, the BunHut

January 1st, 2010-i have to get used to writing that!

I will not post ANYTHING about my past year! It's time to forget all of that :)

the only good about 2009 was getting my rabbits and having all the time in the world with Peter...

anyways-today is a new day. a new and exciting day. :)
i plan on spening a few hours out in the porch with the buns. i have to do some nice cage cleaning and i am going to start to rearrange the porch. hopefully i can get the tree down today and put all the presents that are still there-away.

i found out a little bit about Gratie/Chessy/Lily's personality..Mandy says that he/she is the spunkiest of all the buns. she says that my little bun was the first to realize that if he/she jumps-he/she can make it through the door that connects moms cage and baby's cage..i cannot wait to meet my little courageous bunny!!!!

on another note-MY WEBSITE IS PRETTY MUCH DONE!!!!-the site is for my rabbit sitting services..

i know that i may get negative feedback from some people because i do not ask that the owner pays a fee UNLESS they dont bring the rabbits food-then they pay $12 and i purchase the rabbit food for them-and they get whats left. I also offer to clip nails and brush the rabbit on the day of departure.

anyways if you feel like checking it out-here it is:
http://thebunhut.weebly.com/bunsitting.html

please-i ask that i get no rude comments or anything like that- a simple "maybe you should change this a little" or "this may sound better like this"

oki doki, i have nothing else really to say today..

just enjoy your new year and i hope that its filled with only good things :)

I HAVE A CHANGE--the bunny will be named BELLE if it is a girl... Belle Chessy :)

i like the sound of Belle better i guess.

Gratie is still the boys name.

January 2nd, 2010

I couldn't sleep last night.. I felt awful that I had held Poker for a little while, but didn't play with Vegas. So here I am at 2 in the morning, holding Vegas, falling asleep. I hadn't given Vegas a hay rack because he would probably just knock it off, so ive been putting hay in his litter box to train him. well Poker has 2 hay racks and i decided to give the 3rd one to Vegas. i thought that it would be an instant mess-but NOPE! i start putting the hay rack on and Vegas gladly begins trying to stick his head through the bars to get to the hay rack.. ive never seen him act like this and it was just too cute so i moved the hay rack around and watched him chase it and try to eat the plastic. i finally put it on, filled it with hay, and watched Vegas binky around in his cage!! 1 of the hay racks in Pokers cage is now laying flat on the shelf in the cage because hes a little nervous about jumping up there. so i packed it full of hay and craisins!!!!! i thought he would never come down once he realized that there were craisins inside. i didnt put and crasins in Vegas' hay so i reached in with some in my hand. he nudged my hand ferociously as if he was saying "grr gimme my craisins". so i put 2 on top of his hideaway box..and i accidently dropped 2 behind his hideaway that was kind of crooked in the corner.. i turn away for 2 seconds and when i look back-HES HEAD FIRST IN THE CORNER WITH HIS BACK LEGS STICKING UP-and the box didnt move!i saw him kick and i could tell he was nervous so i slowly moved the box and he flopped down. he is a little slow when it comes to finding things right in front of him-the craisin would be in front of him and he would accidently step on it or lay on it-then for 2 minutes hes looking back in forth wondering where it went.. after finding the craisin, he glady binkied over to hay, let me pick him up, and then gave me some little bunny kisses. Poker was sound asleep so i patted his head and made my exit.

it was sooo great to see Vegas act like that..he usually is kind of crazy, not wanting to be touched and all that.. but i guess he is changing :) or it could just be that he is a chubby little piggy that was overly excited by craisins? hmm..

anyways-im sure there will be more to write about later..plus PICTURES!

bye ya'll

Jessyka wrote:
pOker wrote:
anyways if you feel like checking it out-here it is:
http://thebunhut.weebly.com/bunsitting.html
Ou, the site looks great. The only thing I'd change (and it's just my opinion) is the way you have the bun sitting information set up. Maybe put into more of a list format?

Waiting for more pictures. :inlove:
thanks:) i think youre right though-i just wanted to get it done-but i will definetely fix it up..

pictures will be here ASAP

January 3rd 2010-

not much time to write today..i wasn't home all day so there's no good stories :( i got some new NIC grids though :D so i was certainly thinking of the buns.

Vegas' litter habits are getting slightly 'cleaner' everyday...tomorrow i am going out to get some more litter-ive run completely empty.and thats not good!! atleast i only emptied the litter box yesterday..phewww.

Poker looked so awake and alert this morning-which means he must of stayed nice and warm last night with the water bottles :)

Vegas jumped around like a crazy fool this morning-it was adorable..

it seems like the bunnies are getting happier and happier each and everyday..

i cannot wait to see how Gratie/Belle acts..hopefully quite a few first day binkies :D

the days are going quicker and quicker which is awesome:)

ill have more stories tomorrow-even though tomorrow is back to school :/ but ill be home on time :)

check it out:
thebunhut.weebly.com

I decided to take pictures tonight..the bunnies were in extra good moods..i watched Vegas run and hop onto his box hideaway, jump off and run to the side of the cage, and then went back and jumped onto his box again...he did this about 10 times before jumping up for some treats :)
i am just enjoying every second of their happiness-they are such great bunnies, and they deserve to have some fun :)

MOMMAZ iM STUCK!!
017.jpg

CRAiSiN DiViNG!(not as good as what he did yesterday)
013-1.jpg

WHATS DiS MOMMAZ??
011-1.jpg

DOES i LOOK HAPPY?
009-1.jpg

HeWWO!
008.jpg

WHY SO MANY PiCHZAS? i iZ JUSZ EATiN!!!
006-1.jpg

STRECHiNG BUNY.
005-1.jpg

Sorrryy for not so many pictures of Vegas-i only ever get his butt, or he is moving around..he's too hyper :)

night ya'll.

thebunhut.weebly.com

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Those are some nice pictures. I have a bun that when ever I go to take a picture she decides thats the moment to move and I end up with a blur.
thanks :) and luckily my camera catches the pictures without making it blurry-but i only get the bun tail...silly bunnies :D

January 4, 2010
Today was back to h-e-double hockey sticks :)))...i mean school.

it was such a longg day and everyone was complaining that the break felt too short...WHAT???-it was sooo slow for me..
anyways-I came home, and lucky for me-Peter didnt work today so he was home to help me get some things done.
We moved everything on the porch-all the Christmas junk is tucked in the attic..all the summer shoes are out of the way..all the stuff that i really could care less about-its all gone. except for a large cabinet that needs to get put in the basement..ahh im rambling-something differentttt..

anywho, i finally figured out how to make everything work out in the BunHut..plenty of space, no annoying crowding...YAYYYY..there will be room for a NIC condo too-so i can eventually upgrade one of the buns to that-plus i can use it for rabbit sitting and fostering..if that ever works out :/

soo here are the pictures with their caption below each one::

BunHut010.jpg

This is MY litter box.my food.and my toilet paper roll:nonono:
BunHut009.jpg

My Little Vegas :)
BunHut008.jpg

Dirty nose, dirty feet.silly wabbit :)
BunHut007.jpg

Scaredy Bun..

THE BUNHUT:
BunHut001.jpg

Vegas' Side-but will be Pokers once the new bun is here.
BunHut002.jpg

Feeding and grooming corner plus extra cage supplies.
BunHut003.jpg

Grooming table-behind the craisins bag is the brush, bunny safe soap and some trimmers.
BunHut006.jpg

The middle cage is empty but will be Vegas' once new bun is here.the extra space is BunHut binky room :)
BunHut005.jpg

Garbage can, extra Hideaway, the carrier, and lots of NIC panels(behind Pokers hutch)
BunHut004.jpg

Pokers hutch until new bunny gets here..

this was before I rearranged(vvvvvvvv)
hutch005.jpg

this was before the hutch.
005.jpg

What do you think??

storytime:: i wiped out Vegas' cage with just a cotton rag, and he chased my hand around the whole cage-it was empty at the time for cleaning. he ran around the cage like he really wanted to binky-but i think he was looking for his stuff. i put the litter box in the cage where he usually goes to the bathroom-but apparently he didnt like that place because he moved it six times before putting it back where it was. then once we put this little shelf thing in, i told him to jump up there..once he did he stared at me like-"uhm, i did it, wheres my treat?"...hes being such a cutieeee!!!!!!

thats it for todayy :)

Latest posts

Back