Building New Hutch-Progress

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some pics :) The first story is finished.
Its really hard to take pics of lol. We've got the hutch really close to the pool. (We're moving it after we finish)

The roof
15pheh5.jpg

The tile. (When I pick up some more tile I'm going to perimeter the walls with them.)
2hhmwhu.jpg

1zd5276.jpg

The doors (There are two of them lol. I had to open one to get the picture)
2upr4eg.jpg

k20db8.jpg

Wow, these pics make it look tiny :shock: Its not that small I swear! I'll have to get pics of it with the buns inside.

Very nice hutch you're building! 24"X36" is a good size for a mini rex, I'd think.

Can I make a suggestion? Putstick on tiles on the walls as well as the floor. Then run a bead of silicone along the seam. Even with litter boxes, buns can overshoot and hit the walls.Ew! :p

Hope that helps!

Rue

Thanks :) Yea, thats what I was talking about when I said I was going to perimeter the walls. I think bunnies need to learn better aim lol :p

Ok, after spending forever in the pouring rain, the tile is completely finished on the first two levels. (I think we're going to just focus on getting the first two levels done right now because bunnies have to go in it saturday) First level is completed, just needs the divider and the second level just needs doors and a divider. So that'll get finished tomorrow. Lol, I actually spent a while inside the hutch tiling away from the rain :p Mom was outside with an umbrella helping me cut the tiles to size.

So when are you coming to Texas to build some of these for me?

The only thing I would change/add...and this is up to you - is to put wheels on it somehow.

Why? In case of a fire - its gonna be heavy to move - but if you can wheel it out the door....you might have a better chance of saving bunnies. (I had a friend who had a rabbitry fire and she saved EVERY bunny cause all the cages were on wheels).

Edited to add: DUH.....just realized it will probably stand alone as it is and not be going into a building - sorry!

Lol, I think my dad would have a stroke if I asked for another one :p
Yea, its going to be outside. We're putting it beside a shed thinggy but its metal. (Lol, hoping to sneak some wire cages in there :shhhh:

Heyy :) Sooo......who wants to see pics of thehutch with two brand new bunnies? Okay, so the first level is completed and the second level just needs doors. Tell me what you think :coolness:Oh, and sorry for the lack of hay and toys :p I'd just put them in there and I ran out of hay yesterday (they got grass to make up for it tonight)

vq719z.jpg

fbc0ab.jpg

28kpwut.jpg

dxn3hy.jpg

Thanks :) I think the bunnies approve. Thats all that matters right? Lol yea, I like the tile in the top level the best :) The two colors look good together. The other two layers are all the green tile :p

Ok, This may sound weird but I gotta say it..
I noticed on one of your bunnies that the spot on its side looks JUST like a bunny figure!

So, I circled the spot Im talking about
28kpwut-1.jpg

And below is a drawing I made of the spot as a bunny, doesnt the spot look like this; a little bunny!?? Look at the shape
28kpwut-2.jpg

or have I finally lost my mind to the bunnies?

wow it looks amazing. What a great idea with all the tiles. I'll have to try that with my cages =P

I really like your new hutch. Good job :)

Im also in the middle of making a new hutch. Ours is with pvc and hanging cages.

Latest posts

Back