Buck Jones Died

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't come here very often. But I was one ofthe lucky ones that have met Buck, and in fact talked to him like amonth ago. I am totally shocked and have a hole in my stomach rightnow. I remember when first met him last year. We met at the zoo, and hetold I will recognize him. And I thought ok he'll have this big o sign.Not Buck and Helen wore rabbit ears, and I about laughed my .... off.We met around noon had a picnic, and they closed the place while wewere talking about everything. It was like we new each other forever.He loved my kids and praised how good they were. We tried to meet up inApril but we were both busy. Sure wished I made a extra effort. I havea picture of Buck and I and will cherish it. If you like I can share itbut don't know how to post it since it's not in my camera. This placewon't be the same without him.

Helen is so nice. I met them both on my birthdayJune 27 of last year and we had a blast. And Helen and I enjoyed ourwine together.

Dearest Claudia,

Buck and the Missus So enjoyed their visit with you and your 'lovelyfamily'. They raved about how well-behaved your childrenwere.

If you wish to email me a picture of them, I'll post it for you.

Prayers and thoughts go out to all grieving this Wonderful Man.

-Carolyn

I was making bunny salad tonight and Buck poppedinto my mind. I was thinking how glad I am that all myanimals who have gone ahead to wait for me now have someone like him towatch out for them. He obviously loved all animals.And then it occurred to me that I bet that Heaven shook with the forceof hundreds of bunny binkies when Buck arrived. That made mesmile. :)

Jen

Oh yeah that would be cool. I have never lost abun yet but I have lost quite a few dogs and one baby piggie who was 3wks of age. He is up there watching them.

May all my pets rest in peace. My doggies Isaac, Teeka, Otis, Toby, Dakota, Brittany one piggie Holly.

May Buck rest in peace too.

You know what I don't understand this since Ionly met him once talked to him and of course online. But I really misshim, and still cry for him. I just don't believe he's gone.

Carolyn tell Helen I sent a email to her thru Carls email.

Have just got back from holiday and seen thisterrible news about Buck. I will miss him he gave me a lot of reallyuseful advice about my buns. My condolences to his family. I will bethinking of him as I know you all will.

cirrustwi wrote:
And then it occurred to me that I bet that Heaven shook withthe force of hundreds of bunny binkies when Buck arrived.That made me smile. :)

Jen

Buck would've liked that.

Claudia,

Buck certainly was beaming with happiness in this picture. Healways enjoyed chatting with you and visiting with you, as he did withall of us about our rabbits. I will be sure to tell TheMissus about your note in his email.

Love,
-Carolyn

Claudia wrote:
You know what I don't understand this since I only met himonce talked to him andof courseonline. But I really miss him, and still cry for him. I justdon't believe he's gone.

Carolyn tell Helen I sent a email to her thru Carls email.
Hi Claudia,

I only knew Buck and The Missus for a very short time, too. I even hadthe opportunity to meet them once, however even our meeting was wasvery short.

They both have touched my life in a way that I could never have imagined.

They are so often in my thoughts, and so many things I do throughout the day make me think of them.

It's hard to put into words the way I feel....I've tried.

I don't completely understand either, and it helps me to know that you have similar feelings.

~Jim

I am so sorry to hear that Buck has left us. Idon't check on this forum as often as I should, and I was just away fora week, so I just read all your loving tributes to this remarkable man.
I first read his very wise advice (and his heated dialogs with 'Trolls'that he just couldn't tolerate!) 3 or 4 years ago in an Adelphi forum -the name of it escapes me now. I remember searching for everything heposted, because it was obvious that his passion was the proper care ofrabbits, and he possessed much wisdom and knowlege.
I was delighted when I found this forum - and there he was!
He will be very missed - but I can only imagine the hoards of rabbitsthat met him at the bridge! What a sudden influx of buns crossing overinto heaven that day!
May his soul rest in peace - and may his gentle spirit remain among usthat mourn his mortal life, and bring to our mind's understanding thejoy that he now experiences.

sfritzp wrote:
Iam so sorry to hear that Buck has left us. I don't check on this forumas often as I should, and I was just away for a week, so I just readall your loving tributes to this remarkable man.
I first read his very wise advice (and his heated dialogs with 'Trolls'that he just couldn't tolerate!) 3 or 4 years ago in an Adelphi forum -the name of it escapes me now. I remember searching for everything heposted, because it was obvious that his passion was the proper care ofrabbits, and he possessed much wisdom and knowlege.
I was delighted when I found this forum - and there he was!
He will be very missed - but I can only imagine the hoards of rabbitsthat met him at the bridge! What a sudden influx of buns crossing overinto heaven that day!
May his soul rest in peace - and may his gentle spirit remain among usthat mourn his mortal life, and bring to our mind's understanding thejoy that he now experiences.
:tears2:That was beautiful, Nick. I know Buck'singoodcompany with Tess and Checkers. I hope you'redoing well.

-Carolyn

He is laying back in a lounge chair watching allof the buns binking all around him laughing as they bump eachothershead having so much fun. He is a great man as far as I know and he willtake care of everyones buns of anykind.

Carolyn wrote:
attachment.php
?

I sent "The Missus" home with a printout of this thread, and the onewhen you all broke the record by users online and had a candle momentof silence for our Dearly Missed and Loved Carl.

Her family was blown-away by the length of it, the tributes to him atthe Boathouse Party - especially Danielle and JimD's special fireworksdisplay with music picked just for Buck. (Pam227, they used yourcollage as the cover of the lyric book and the CDs that they burned forall of us.) The prayers SLG, Ally, and Danielle sent up in theirballoons were so touching.

"The Missus" is going to put this and the candle post in it. Herfamily, still - to this day - is amazed at how you changed your avatarsand lit candles all around to world for him. That gives them such afeeling of comfort for they know how much we loved him.

"The Missus" not being as computer literate as Buck was is definitelygoing to be signing onto the forum. She told me today that she wants tokeep in touch with you folks. She said, "I'm no Buck, but at least Ican pop in and say hello because they're all so special." It may take aweek or two, but she's definitely going to come on at some point.

Don't hesitate to change your avatars back. I'm going to stick with mine for a while so don't wait for me! :)

Buck, Helen, their children and I thank you Dearly for reaching out tous and honoring him as you did. We felt your prayers and your love inour hearts and it helped us keep standing through the most painfulmoments of saying good-bye.

Sincerely, Thank You.

-Carolyn

You know I still can't believe he is gone. Justseems like a nightmare and I bet Carl will be amazed about this. Heprobably never thought he touched so many people. My son is not theeasiest son to raise and I told her him teachers had told me he has abehavior problem and when he met him for the 5 hours or so. he saidteachers can be wrong, and he's a good kid.

You know Carl would've been amazed! Can't you just see his eyes open up in pure shock?

I'm using his picture with you as my avatar. It's bright and he looks so happy in it.

-Carolyn

That's fine. I don't like the way I looked but that day was special and never thought it would be my last.

Carolyn - That is the most touching thingI have read in a long time. I don't think anyone else but you couldhave written something as beautiful as that !!!

:hug::bouquet::kiss:

Carolyn wrote:
I sent "The Missus" home with a printout of this thread, and the onewhen you all broke the record by users online and had a candle momentof silence for our Dearly Missed and Loved Carl.

Her family was blown-away by the length of it, the tributes to him atthe Boathouse Party - especially Danielle and JimD's special fireworksdisplay with music picked just for Buck. (Pam227, they used yourcollage as the cover of the lyric book and the CDs that they burned forall of us.) The prayers SLG, Ally, and Danielle sent up in theirballoons were so touching.

"The Missus" is going to put this and the candle post in a specialbinder. Her family, still - to this day - is amazed at how you changedyour avatars and lit candles all around to world for him. That givesthem such a feeling of comfort for they know how much we loved him.

"The Missus" not being as computer literate as Buck was is definitelygoing to be signing onto the forum. She told me today that she wants tokeep in touch with you folks. She said, "I'm no Buck, but at least Ican pop in and say hello because they're all so special." It may take aweek or two, but she's definitely going to come on at some point.

Don't hesitate to change your avatars back. I'm going to stick with mine for a while so don't wait for me! :)

Buck, Helen, their children and I thank you Dearly for reaching out tous and honoring him as you did. We felt your prayers and your love inour hearts and it helped us keep standing through the most painfulmoments of saying good-bye.

Sincerely, Thank You.

-Carolyn

Claudia,

I know that feeling, Dear Heart.

:bigtears:

He loved the weather so much out there. He also thought the world ofyou and your family. He said the time flew by during your visit.He responds to you about that visit in the first page or two of theannouncement of the Boathouse Bunny Party. We remember when you gotinto breeding, and you know how we love your skills with a comb,scissors, and a bunny. We were both so happy when you gave thisboard a chance.

Carl would even say to me when we'd chat on the phone, "Oh! I sawClaudia (or Dootsmom was another he'd notice) online today, but shedidn't say anything. I just saw her logged in." It was nice to knowboth of you were still checking to see if we were still here.

Please update your rabbit pictures or give us the link to your websiteon a separate post so others can fall in love the way I did.

Thank you, Zee, but words can't come close to how understood this groupmade us feel about losing Carl. You "got it" and you were alldevastated too.

Something about that does help when you're in such a dark place.

:rose:

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:

I don't remember who did this collage of Buck - but couldthey contact me? I would really like permission (if possible)to use it on my website for the memorial line of rabbits I'm doing forBuck. I won't list people's names...just call it "Buck andthe Bunnies and People he touched" or something like that. Iwas going to use just the photo of him with the rabbits in abackpack...but this seems soooo well-rounded. In case theperson who did this collage doesn't know - 20% (minimum of $10donation) from every bunny sold from Buck's line will go to thedonation that was in his obituary - the same week that it issold. It will be sent in his memory...

Peg

El Rey Lionheads

P.S. I'll contact Raspberry to see if I can get herpermission to use SLG's photo without her name or anything posted...

Latest posts

Back