Brokens?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoolWaterRabbitry

Reaction score
Just wondering how this would work. We have started breeding NDs in shaded and will soon be adding the tan pattern to our herd.

Anyway, how would brokens be added? I know that when your breeding Self's you can just breed a Broken to a Self and have a chance of both in the litter, but with shaded, like the Siamese Sable how would you go about getting brokens? I know that there are brokens out there but how do you even start to breed them?

So you're trying to breed broken shadeds. You would do this the same way as if you were breeding a self to a broken.

In fact I would recommend starting out with a self broken that might carry shaded and just breed it to a shaded.

Ah, I see. I was thinking since shadeds are best bred to other shaded, that you'd want to steer clear of mixing in selfs or others but that left me stuck with looking at the genetics and wondering where the broken gene comes in lol.

So you can bring in a broken Self with a shaded background into your shaded group without completely messing with the colors?

Yes. The colors might be a little darker/lighter depending on what you use, but that happens within the shaded varieties anyway.

Latest posts

Back