Breeding Females?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roberts_rabbits_2008

Reaction score
Hello :), I think that somewhere i wasreading I read that you should breed your females before they turn 9months old because otherwise there hind end gets stronger and then shewon't be able to push the babies out? The only reason i waswondering if this is really true is because here in Minneota it getspretty cold in the winter and all the young usually die and my babiesare about 3 months i think and i wanted to breed them next year in thespring? Anyone know anything about this or not and should i breed themthis winter even though they will prolly all die or will it be okay ifi don't breed them until next Spring when they are about 1 yearold. :?

Thanks to anyone who can help.Robert

I bred at a little over a year, and she did justfine. I think you may be more likely to lose the litter if the doe isstill maturing--taking care of them....

Rose

A primary concern is the fact that fat builds up around the reproductive organs as the rabbit ages.

The pelvis does become more rigid as the doe ages and is not asflexible which can contribute to birthing problems in older does.

Pam

Back