Breed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lanfam5

Reaction score
I have looked online and have an idea but want to know if they are purebreed or crosses.
009.jpg
014.jpg
002.jpg

The bottom 2 look like NZ crosses,the top looks like shes got some Holland lop with her head shape and coloring, crossed with something...

Whats their story?

the first oen looks holland/polish or holland/dwarf cross- the ears are soo tiny
SEcond one looks like a black new zealand or black new zealand cross
the third looks like a poorly bred mini rex- it's coat and whiskers look mini rex to me, also the lack of foot pad.

Are New Zealands big though because I was told that they are full grown. I got them from a friend that just bought all tje rabbits another breeder had because she was not going to do itanymore.

The first one I would say is either a Netherland or a Polish cross. Nice round head and short tiny ears. The coloring looks like a broken....Siamese sable? Maybe broken chestnut? Not sure from the photo. The black one I have no clue, but the last white one I would agree saying that it's a very badly bred Mini Rex.

Drives me bonkers to hear that you got these from a breeder. People like that give GOOD breeders a bad name and reputation.

I absolutely agree with the 3rd one being a badly bred mini rex, weight, curly wiskers and those claws all point to it.
The middle black has very long ears and to light weight to be a New Zealand, the top one I would say a Polish cross looking at the head.

Keep in mind guys, that just because a rabbit is a certain colour/has certain markings, doesn't mean it is just one breed. We went over this a while back with every broken black being called a Checkered Giant/English Spot, etc.

Genetics play an important role in the colour and body type of these rabbits, so they could be a mix of any number of breeds. ;)

And a lot of rabbits look a lot a like typewise. ;)

Emily

The nails were that way when I got them, I went the next day and got there nails done and had them checked out. They are all healthy and adjusting good to there new home. They love nothing more then when we get home and my boys play with them.

Lanfam5 wrote:
The nails were that way when I got them, I went the next day and got there nails done and had them checked out. They are all healthy and adjusting good to there new home. They love nothing more then when we get home and my boys play with them.

that is great news :)
can i ask where they originally came from for his nails to be in that state? :(

glad they are all healthy and happy!

They came from someone who was getting out of the breeding business dont know who a friend of mine bought all of them so she can start breeding them and she brought me those three the same day. But now all are well taken care of with nails clipped.

Latest posts

Back