Brandy's Nut House

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm a little further ahead but not much :(

I found a Flemish breeder that is about 2 hrs from me, however he is telling me the kits are ready to go and they are only 5 weeks of age....hmmmm

Then there is a holland lop baby that is 3 hrs from me (but I am going to that city in early Nov to go shopping) and she will be 8 weeks old by the time I get there. She is VERY friendly apparently because her Mom killed the other 6 kits so the breeder pulled her and only put her back in with Mom to feed, once she fed she took her back out and in her bedroom where it was nice and warm, she said she handles this baby constantly and she just loves people.

Then there's a 1.5 yr old holland lop buck that is in my home town so my Dad could bring him up...he's not fixed and apparently humps everything but loves to be held and is friendly (just sometimes OVERLY friendly).

Any bunny that I pick will be getting fixed but Im worried since the male has been doing this for a while, will he still continue with his bad habits??

I know male cats will still keep their bad habits even after being fixed if fixed too late so that's why I'm wondering.

Lots to think about.

Momto3boys wrote:
We have 2 vets in town and I called them both to see about spaying and neutering, one does both but charges more for a male, I asked why and they told me fixing a male rabbit is more complicated then fixing a female...WTF?? I told her it wasn't and she told me she was the vet, not me. OKAY!!
LOL HAHAHAHA that is just brilliant. I am actually rotfl. She told you she was the vet...pahhahaha omg lmao. Perhaps avoid that vets?

Ur animals are darling! Loving the cats!!

Jen

5 weeks of age ? Not too young ? :? I have no idea about neutering. My girl will be fixed soon in a couple weeks. I read that neutered/ spayed bunnies will be more calm and lose their interest in mating and all those habits will apparently stop, around 4 weeks after the operation.
Good luck on searching for bunny ! :)

5 weeks for a flemish is too early. I don't even consider selling mine or finding them their forever home until they are at least 8 weeks. They take longer to develop then smaller rabbits.

Once a male gets neutered, they usually calm down a lot.

I love Moose and Dixie

Hi Brandy

Welcome to the forum!! Hope you have fun and enjoy it, because it is the best forum out there!!!

I got my bunny and I am sooooooooo excited!

I didn't want a brown one, I didn't want a mixed breed and I didn't want one with sticky up ears but guess what???

I got everything I didn't want and I am so in love it's crazy.
I got him from the alligator/snake feeding people, I walked in and there was only this brown one mixed in with whites, blacks and even a grey but this little guy started wandering over to us, I asked to see him and the guy picked up him up by the ears :tears2:

I grabbed him from the guy right away and he snuggled right in once I started petting him between the eys, he started closing his eyes and I was smitten right away and here he is to stay.

Buddy didn't know how to sex them and I am 99% sure he is a boy. I'll look again tomorrow.

They had hay and bread to eat with some dirty water to wash it down. He had just "fed" them and there was a loaf of old hard white bread and a loaf of brown bread.

So I got everything I didn't want but he is turning out to be everything I wanted.

His Mom was biggish, I'd say atleast 10 lbs, he is in a temp cage right now until I can build him a C&C cage, you can also feel all his ribs when you hold him, he is SKINNY.

This is my new baby...so far he has no name so sugestions are welcome, you can also tell me what you think he is.

028-3.jpg

He is just perfect and one of my fave colors. Fawn

He is beautiful Brandy, and I may bunny nap him when I come to visit next time!! It has been suggested by members of my family you should go with a candy type name, Twix, Snickers, etc...he is sweet and yummy looking!!

I actually started calling him Snickers last night when he was hopping around my bed ;)

I had him out for about half an hr exploring my bed, he would always run back to me, it was so cute and Lucy (boxer) is petrified of him :laughsmiley:

She jumped up on my bed to investigate and she was sniffigg, sniffing, sniffing when all of a sudden he hopped towards her well poor Lucy's eyes got huge and she took a few steps backwards, LOL then the bunny took a few more steps towards her and Lucy jumped off the bed, it was quite comical.

And he figured out how to drink from a bottle :yahoo: I bet it was nice having nice, clean water to drink.

Congratulations, Brandy. Your little guy is gorgeous !!! So lovely colors with those ears, gosh those ears :blushan: Snickers makes him way more cute !! So you named him already ? :) And boy he's brave little boy, poor Lucy, she might think " wo wo wo what is this thing ??? " :rofl: This little guy is lucky to meet you :) From now on his life will fulfil with love,joy and fun among members of your family. :) I can't wait to hear more about him ! Oh ! he's so good ! figuring out how to use water bottle so quick. Kimiko took it for days ! Now she prefers drinking from a water crock. I found it in a pet store and somehow the water is always cold in it. I think that's why she likes it more than form bottle now. Well well, have fun with your bunny ! Please uploads some more pics of him :) What a cute bunny !

Thanks so much Vircia....we went to 3 pet stores and all they have is crap so I just ordered him a bunch of new stuff online.

He also let me clip his nails, I just wrapped him in a blanket and he was fine...my 3 boys absolutely love him, it's so cute!

I will get some new pics of him tomorrow ;)

Oh Brandy, we did order many stuffs from internet shops for my girls too or made some by ourselves. Just recently my hubby and I went to a pet store. We were looking for a new water crock for baby girl. She started tipping over the old one and it was plastic. Well, nothing interesting for us. Besides, when we asked the seller there. She pointed at an object and said " How about a bowl for bird ? ". It was a tiny bowl. :pssd: So we bought one for puppy and my hubby made a home made hanger for her. Well, we start thinking about making some stuffs for pets and sell. It seems like they don't have much choices here. :faint:
Wow, SNickers is so sweet. Kimiko doesn't like being held at all and so far we still didn't cut her nails. My hubby came up with an idea, " You know what ? Let's trim her nails when we will go next week for her spaying operation, she will not even know ". :) hehe.

Thanks Fran ;)

YUp, I do believe the internet is the way to go, and there is alot of people have gave up and started making everything themselves.

LOL clipping the nails while being spayed is a great idea!

Well I took my Monsters to a Halloween Party Friday night ;)
001-5.jpg

They had a blast!

Here's Mr. Snickers this morning playing on the couch
042-3.jpg

Stopping for a snack
039.jpg

033.jpg

038-1.jpg

Now I am soooooo excited to tell you all that he binkied for the first time today and he did it like 3 times, YAY

Latest posts

Back