Bracons pregnant!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh....well I'm sure you'll do whatever you think is best for Bracon, Bracon (lol strange saying the name twice).
It looks like you are doing everything you can- finding homes for the babies etc. so just let us know how everything goes.
:)

I just wanted to say this - if I came across mean or something - I wasn't trying to be. Honest.

I just know it must be hard for Bracon to read this thread with us all saying, 'Get her spayed" and she knows her parents won't let her do it....

But I was in a hurty when I posted this morning and I think my haste may have come across as being rude or abrupt...I'm sorry!

Peg

jcottonl02 wrote:
Sorry Tiny'smom- I didn't realise she had. I was just trying to help- lol maybe I would have been more help if I had actually read the thread thoroughly.:)

What's the reason Bracon cannot spay Bracon? Sorry I can't find it lol.

I didn't realize that Bracon's mom and dad are opposed to having her spayed - thank you for the heads-up, Peg.

Whoops....I didn't realize that she had said that. I should have paid better attention.

Bracon, good luck with the kits. Sometimes, young new mothers will reabsorb the kittens the first time they conceive. Are you even 100% sure she's pregnant?

I'm sorry that sort of thing happened....it always sucks.

No worries Tinysmom :) I didn't think you were.

Yeah it must be annoying us saying 'get her spayed' all the time.

Oh can i just ask- how does Bracon know that Bracon is pregnant? For sure I mean? Sozzy I'm utterly clueless when it comes to preggers rabbits. :D

Hey Guys. Sorry ive not replyed for a bit. Bracon should be having her litter the end of this week/start of next week. Ive not got big hopes or anything and I know the chance of the kits being still born is very high. Im more concerned about her health and that she gets through it all ok. Well we have a date for the spay at the start of October, which is cool, and Warren gets fixed next month, at least I dont have to worry about the whole bonding thing after that as we all no they seem to get on TOO well.

Btw just thought Id answer your question, my uncles a vet and we took her in to see him a few weeks ago:)

jcottonl02 wrote:
Oh can i just ask- how does Bracon know that Bracon is pregnant? For sure I mean? Sozzy I'm utterly clueless when it comes to preggers rabbits. :D

~Hannah,Bracken&Warren~

It might be an idea for your uncle to have serious words with your family who seem to think it's a game to allow a young rabbit to breed, risking her life in the process even when you clearly told them not to.

People like that make me so angry - would they leave you in a bedroom with a boyfriend when you were underage? As far as I'm concerned it's exactly the same responsibility they had towards Bracon and they really messed up.

I probably sound harsh but working in a pet shop having idiots phone up every day with "accidentil babies to get rid of" really gets my goat.

Rabbits are not toys. They deserve better than this.

~Bracon~ wrote:
Hey Guys. Sorry ive not replyed for a bit. Bracon should be having her litter the end of this week/start of next week. Ive not got big hopes or anything and I know the chance of the kits being still born is very high. Im more concerned about her health and that she gets through it all ok. Well we have a date for the spay at the start of October, which is cool, and Warren gets fixed next month, at least I dont have to worry about the whole bonding thing after that as we all no they seem to get on TOO well.

Btw just thought Id answer your question, my uncles a vet and we took her in to see him a few weeks ago:)

jcottonl02 wrote:

~Hannah,Bracken&Warren~

Bracon had a miscarrigea few days ago, Ive not talked about it because I still feel a bit upset. At least I no she'll be ok now and I can get her spayed soon.

We have a member here who had a pregnant rabbit that had a miscarriage - only she wound up with an infection. Please consider having your rabbit checked and put on antibiotics - MsBinky almost lost her rabbit.

Here are the threads about it:

Miscarriage thread: http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=26564&forum_id=8

Emergency - later on when rabbit almost died from infection:
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=27105&forum_id=16

Surgery thread:
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=27129&forum_id=16

Please - have Bracon checked out and at least get her on antibiotics. I'd hate to see you go through what MsBinky went through...

Peg

~Bracon~ wrote:
Bracon had a miscarrigea few days ago, Ive not talked about it because I still feel a bit upset. At least I no she'll be ok now and I can get her spayed soon.

Back