Boys vs. girls

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BEAUKEZRA

Reaction score
I have 6 bunnies. 3 boys and 3 girls....it's the"Bunny Bunch". Anyway, in my opinion the boys seem much more easy going than the girls. I have one girl that is way too bossy and demanding (but so cute:)), one that likes to growl and hit and the baby is becoming bossy too. The boys just seem to go with the flow. Don't get me wrong the boys get into trouble too but the girls all seem to have some sort of attitude problem. Anyone else notice this too or is it just my crazy bunch?

Ha ha, nice name, bunny bunch XD anyways, some bunnies just have, well.. different personalities. I guess you have a boss baby on your hands, train her..., but don't let it go on like that.:?

I have no boys but one of my girls, Maddie is the sweetest little thing, so friendly and easy-going, but not dull either if you know what I mean:D. Pebble and Ebony are friendly, but they can be moody too, I'm hoping this will stop after their spays.:)

The only boy rabbit I know is Pebble and Ebony's daddy, and he is extremely easy going, almost too easy going - he just sits there:? lol

I have an unspayed girl on my hands. (I DO plan to get her fixed though) She is pushy and rude. But if you think about it, they are made to be moms and you have to be assertive if you want to raise your kits right. :DSo I can't really blame them.

~Star~

Girls can be very sweet and have big personalities, all at the same time. I've got one like that, and can't even begin to imagine what she was like before she was spayed. A ittle terror, I'd guess! ;)

I think the reasons for unspayed girls being moody, territorial etc.are (like someone just said) pretty understandable, all things considered, also that spayed/neutered rabbits of either sex can and do make terrific pets.

And it also comes down to the individual rabbits' personality.

Yeah, an unspayed doe can be hard to handle at times. Think of it this way, ladies-PMS all the time! LOL I have people ask me all the time whether a buck or a doe is better for a pet, I tell them as long as the rabbit is getting fixed, either is good. Otherwise a buck is better, because of the doe's territory/hormone issues. Of course, I always urge everyone to neuter and spay, I am a huge advocate of that.

Apparently neutered males and more companionable than females, although that is just like saying female humans aren't as nice as male humans lol.
I think its the way they are brought up, and the rabbits around them.
But all rabbits can growl and be grumpy. Just like us :D
Jenny

Yes I agree with the one above- spaying and neutering- much better.
Males are therefore much gentler and nicer, and if you don't spay a female they have a VERY high chance of getting ovarian cancer apparently, and it is what lots of rabbits die from.

Latest posts

Back