Border collie of the kitten world?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butterfinger

Reaction score
Okay, so.... Is my kitten...a genius? (I'm not saying this as a good thing, haha!....Hah....Haaah. )
He knows very well what he can and can't do, this is normal. When I look around for him and see him, and he's somewhere he knows he can be, he'll just look back like "Whut?"... if he's somewhere he's not supposed to be, doing something he's not supposed to be doing, he'll try to crouch down before I see him, and peek out all wide-eyed from whatever bad thing he's doing. (If I chase him away from it, he'll usually come back to it half a minute later and repeat this process) Also normal.

He responds and sometimes comes to his name knowing very well that there's no food involved, knows and responds to the words "C'mere," "What?", and "Jump" without any training or food....nnnnot as normal, but not extrordinary.

Before I tell you a story, I'd like to mention that my kitten is very clingy and likes to be with me wherever I am, in the same room, even though we only live in a two-bedroom apartment.

Okay, so the kitten goes to his litter box normally, and is very VERY good about his poops. Not so much about his pee. He crawls into the tightest, most hard-to-get-to spot there is, then pees there. I have no idea why. There's no reason he'd need to make a statement in those places.
BUT
This is an issue when he climbs into the rip in my mattress cover underneath my bed (Not the cover over the mattress, like...the cover that covers the springs under the bed)....and pees there. I can never wash that place, and he pees there. The bed isn't even mine.
So, I put him out of the room and close the door (I don't have a lock) and stuff a shirt under the crack so that he can't open it.....because if I don't, then he will. While I'm busy making a NIC gate around the entire bottom of my bed, the kitten SOMEHOW MANAGES to stuff his paw under the door until he can get the shirt completely away from the opening, then leaps, hangs from the handle, and opens the door, running in. (How did he know it was the shirt that was keeping him from opening the door??? )
Iiiiis this normal cat thought-process? I have more stories if you want them, but this little guy.... None of my other friends that have had cats have had them do this kind of thing. ....He also has an unhealthy fixation with any kind of paper (Crinkled or flat, any size or type) and eats the dirt from my potted plants (No, not the leaves. The dirt), but I won't go into that.

Normal? :p I don't know; I've never had a cat before, so this is news to me. Just curious, haha. (But I feel like if I ever wanted to get a border collie, I'm way prepared now, haha ;) )

Here's a picture of the little devil, since I wrote so much.

KadajinArms5andhalfmo.jpg

He's six months old now, but this is him at five and a half months ;)

Our cat Pickles is kinda like that. he hasn't gone in tha mattress so far and at almost ten i doubt he'll start! only Pick likes to chew STRAWS(so he gets his own. though when he was a kitten he got on the counter and chewed mom's straw IN HER CUP, LOL!). and he eat's PEPPERMINT! like the leaves from the plant! the family joke is that PIckles is part dog. Good luck!

Anna

Lol that's funny!

My dad's cat LOVES fruits! In the summer we always give him cantaloupe. Its his favorite! lol. He lives for when summer comes and he can taste that sweet fruit once again. lol. I actually have a pic of him but it's on my other computer which my sister is currently on. :(

Good luck with him! What's his name anyway?

Emily

I have three cats, and each one is unique in the stuff it can and can't do. Venus used to be my "figure it out" cat, but now, my newest member, Aurora is. She's a smart little pickle. She can get anywhere, do anything. She knows where all the best toys are hidden too. Knows how to flip the lid on the toilet up, knows how to turn the tv on, knows when it's time to go and sits in her carrier waiting, can open doors, drawers and even the latches on the rabbit cages (I had to fix that one quick). And she also learned (before I had a carrier for her) that when in the car, she had to ride in my daughter's carseat. She would not budge from that carseat until the car was to a complete stop and ignition off. Aurora is only 4-5 months old too.

Mercury and Venus, my other two, developed a liking for baby cereal and baby food veggies when my daughter was a baby. They would both sit under her high chair and just wait for the food to drop. Both refused baby food meat though.

I once had a vet who worked at an all cat clinic tell me that she had never met a cat who did not like watermelon. If they had a cat that was hard to pill, all they had to do was put the pill in watermelon and the cat would eat it.

Latest posts

Back